Incredible Member

Default Supernaturalverse heroes swap places with Buffyverse heroes. Who does better?

The Scooby Gang and Angel Investigations are dumped into the Supernaturalverse and decide to become hunters. They face all of the same monsters and villains that Sam and Dean did. They will receive help from Bobby early on and Castiel if they survive to Season 4 and beyond.

Meanwhile, Sam and Dean are dumped into the Buffyverse at the beginning of the series, and deal with all of the monsters and Big Bads there. They will receive assistance from Giles and access to the Sunnydale High library, and whatever stuff that Giles might have laying around his home.

Which team does better?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    The Scooby Gang and Angel Investigations are dumped into the Supernaturalverse and decide to become hunters. They face all of the same monsters and villains that Sam and Dean did. They will receive help from Bobby early on and Castiel if they survive to Season 4 and beyond.

Meanwhile, Sam and Dean are dumped into the Buffyverse at the beginning of the series, and deal with all of the monsters and Big Bads there. They will receive assistance from Giles and access to the Sunnydale High library, and whatever stuff that Giles might have laying around his home.

Which team does better?
    Sam and Dean had the edge of being indoctrinated on that stuff for 2 decades before the events in the series. It makes it significantly easier to identify the threats - they often experience something and have enough context to lead them directly to the culprit. The Buffy kids and adults don't have nearly as broad a base. They also have no real way to deal with the early-season "big bad" stuff, given their lack of Sam's demon-blood powers, so that's a hard loss, then of course there's the whole "Michael-sword" thing that kinda let them deal with Lucifer. I just don't think that they have enough juice to make up for NOT being the plot-devices that Sam and Dean personify.

The Winchester boys probably do pretty well in Sunnydale - they will have no issues with Buffyverse vamps or really any other beasties in the early seasons. Early on, their potential issues will come from not really being able to integrate into Sunnyvale High. Later, they aren't going to be able to get Spike or Angel to fall in love with them, so conversions are gonna be rough there, and of course there's the question of how the Last Battle is going to go down without a) an army of Slayer wannabes and b) without Spike's sacrifice. I don't think they would have any specific difficulties (over and above what the Scoobies had anyway) with any of the enemies - they face and beat worse by far in their own series. Glory is probably the biggest bad, and she's a drop in the bucket compared to Lucifer, Leviathan and others.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

A lot of villain plots in the Buffyverse get derailed due to the Scooby Gang and Angel Investigations not being there. The Master never gets free due to the only source of Slayer Blood having been transported to a different universe. Angel is in the Supernaturalverse, and even if he wasn't he's never getting a moment of pure happiness from Sam and Dean, so Angelus is never unleashed. Buffy never dies so Faith is never called by Kendra's death, which means the guy who was going to narc on the Mayor's plot gets to live and give crucial information on how to foil it to the good guys. No Willow to go Dark Willow. No Connor and Cordelia to be Jasmine's parents. I'm sure there are other examples I've missed.

Basically the Winchesters don't have to worry about a lot of Big Bads because the Scoobies and Angel's crew being elsewhere automatically neutralizes them as a threat.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    A lot of villain plots in the Buffyverse get derailed due to the Scooby Gang and Angel Investigations not being there. The Master never gets free due to the only source of Slayer Blood having been transported to a different universe. Angel is in the Supernaturalverse, and even if he wasn't he's never getting a moment of pure happiness from Sam and Dean, so Angelus is never unleashed. Buffy never dies so Faith is never called by Kendra's death, which means the guy who was going to narc on the Mayor's plot gets to live and give crucial information on how to foil it to the good guys. No Willow to go Dark Willow. No Connor and Cordelia to be Jasmine's parents. I'm sure there are other examples I've missed.

Basically the Winchesters don't have to worry about a lot of Big Bads because the Scoobies and Angel's crew being elsewhere automatically neutralizes them as a threat.
    So let's make Claire a slayer. That will at least bring in the Master.

Adam would be an interesting villain for the Winchesters. (Hopefully I have the name right, the guy created in the lab where Riley works.)

Oh, but the musical demon episode would be awesome.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Sam and Dean had the edge of being indoctrinated on that stuff for 2 decades before the events in the series. It makes it significantly easier to identify the threats - they often experience something and have enough context to lead them directly to the culprit. The Buffy kids and adults don't have nearly as broad a base. They also have no real way to deal with the early-season "big bad" stuff, given their lack of Sam's demon-blood powers, so that's a hard loss, then of course there's the whole "Michael-sword" thing that kinda let them deal with Lucifer. I just don't think that they have enough juice to make up for NOT being the plot-devices that Sam and Dean personify.

The Winchester boys probably do pretty well in Sunnydale - they will have no issues with Buffyverse vamps or really any other beasties in the early seasons. Early on, their potential issues will come from not really being able to integrate into Sunnyvale High. Later, they aren't going to be able to get Spike or Angel to fall in love with them, so conversions are gonna be rough there, and of course there's the question of how the Last Battle is going to go down without a) an army of Slayer wannabes and b) without Spike's sacrifice. I don't think they would have any specific difficulties (over and above what the Scoobies had anyway) with any of the enemies - they face and beat worse by far in their own series. Glory is probably the biggest bad, and she's a drop in the bucket compared to Lucifer, Leviathan and others.
    We do stuff a bit out of order. Give Xander the Mark of Kaine. I see Willow joining the Men of Letters, Europe. Perhaps all of them. They are teenagers.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    We do stuff a bit out of order. Give Xander the Mark of Kaine. I see Willow joining the Men of Letters, Europe. Perhaps all of them. They are teenagers.
    Teens, sure. But the Men of Letters of Britain at least, take a VERY brutal approach to anything not-human. Willow, if she finds out she has powers in Supernatural-verse, maybe they keep her around with like a kill collar or something on, but that would be it.

Sam and Dean, even without the Slayer super powers, have routinely gone up against super powered beings anyway. Though I'm sure they'll get a kick out of vamps actually being killed by stakes to the heart and turning to dust. Not having to deal with werewolves. Or Chuck. Especially Chuck.