Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm old, and since that puts me in the "at risk" category for the coronavirus, I'm truly thankful that I haven't contracted it (at least yet). I'm also especially thankful that my sister, who suffers from severe respiratory problems and autoimmune problems, has also avoided being infected. Finally, with so many people losing their jobs during the pandemic, I'm thankful that I'm retired and don't have to worry about layoffs or pink slips. And I join with everyone everywhere in being thankful that safe and effective vaccines have now been successfully developed and that 2021 will bring us happier days, if we can just all watch out for one another until then.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I'm old, and since that puts me in the "at risk" category for the coronavirus, I'm truly thankful that I haven't contracted it (at least yet). I'm also especially thankful that my sister, who suffers from severe respiratory problems and autoimmune problems, has also avoided being infected. Finally, with so many people losing their jobs during the pandemic, I'm thankful that I'm retired and don't have to worry about layoffs or pink slips. And I join with everyone everywhere in being thankful that safe and effective vaccines have now been successfully developed and that 2021 will bring us happier days, if we can just all watch out for one another until then.
    I second that emotion. I’m 61, so I’m just as concerned, but I’m doing well so far.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Thankful for surviving COVID-19 after getting it from the (mental health) "front lines", then infecting the family, family surviving it, and being able to go back to the 'line as the virus continues to rage. 'Cause folks need help
    Last edited by WAKANDA FOREVER!; 11-26-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm actually just thankful I got something Thanksgivingy through a local diner. I ordered yesterday, of course, but its still not easy even getting things early. I missed last years holidays and the grub.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's hard to be thankful for much, given how badly so many are hurting.

I feel lucky more than thankful.
    Yeah, honestly my first thought was to say I got nothing to be thankful for, but we really should not tempt the devil so ... "you think you're miserable, now? let me show you something!..."

Nah, my cynicism and a crap year besides, I am thankful for the continued health of my loved ones, and, much as I am like 99% lurker, I'm thankful for the Community forum at CBR. I have a lifelong love of comics, and collectively you all are a pretty good place to hang out. Keep up the good work
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Yesterday, I was thankful I didn’t have to host.
    I was doubly thankful I didn’t have to guest.

I’m a big time curmudgeon and so this suited me perfectly as family get togethers (outside my spouse & kids) aren’t my bag.

Spectacular Member

I didn't think I'd have anything to put in the win column this year. I didn't think of it until today when I stopped to think about yesterday. Even without Covid lockdowns. Both my Parents died recently and 2 weeks ago my dog died. It's rough to think about but I am thankful that my Mom was first so she didn't have go through it when my dog died. It's rough on her and I am very grateful for the Covid restrictions that meant it was the very first Thanksgiving we were able to just my wife and I alone. I miss them and I would been involved with them in some way yesterday. So it's a relief I don't have to worry about their age and being at risk. I got to visit with y dad one last time a couple weeks before he passed. We knew it was going to the last time I saw him. Still I'm good and grateful.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's a tough time of year for that. Hang in there.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. It's a tough time of year for that. Hang in there.
    Thanks
    at least we'll get a Puppy soon. Got to get him before I stop going on walks by myself.

Being at home so much, it's a good time to get a puppy, if ever there was one!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My condolences, mortari. Stay strong.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My condolences, mortari. Stay strong.
    I don't post much but you guys keep me sane

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    I didn't think I'd have anything to put in the win column this year. I didn't think of it until today when I stopped to think about yesterday. Even without Covid lockdowns. Both my Parents died recently and 2 weeks ago my dog died. It's rough to think about but I am thankful that my Mom was first so she didn't have go through it when my dog died. It's rough on her and I am very grateful for the Covid restrictions that meant it was the very first Thanksgiving we were able to just my wife and I alone. I miss them and I would been involved with them in some way yesterday. So it's a relief I don't have to worry about their age and being at risk. I got to visit with y dad one last time a couple weeks before he passed. We knew it was going to the last time I saw him. Still I'm good and grateful.
    You hang in mortari.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    Thankful for surviving COVID-19 after getting it from the (mental health) "front lines", then infecting the family, family surviving it, and being able to go back to the 'line as the virus continues to rage. 'Cause folks need help
    WF: I'm glad you made it thru. How does one thank people like you? Always makes me nuts when people thank veterans for their service, it's too often a cheap out for people who want to feel good about themselves at no cost. Recognizing that most of us can't set or enforce safety policy, what could be done to thankfully support frontliners like you in our communities?

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    WF: I'm glad you made it thru. How does one thank people like you? Always makes me nuts when people thank veterans for their service, it's too often a cheap out for people who want to feel good about themselves at no cost. Recognizing that most of us can't set or enforce safety policy, what could be done to thankfully support frontliners like you in our communities?
    Thanks, DNG. I don't want to get into a pissing contest with vets. For me, I just keep getting up and going in everyday. I imagine just like vets did.