Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default "Is your name REALLY Michael Bolton ?!?" (People you've met with famous names)

There was a kid at my school named Rod Stewart. He was born in the early 70's so I don't know WHAT his parents were thinking.

I was stuck in a tel********** job in 2004. It was amusing to see such names as Vincent Price, R Kelly, PJ Harvey, Robert Smith and (swimmer) Ian Thorp(e) come up on our lists.
    I also rang a "Debbie Dare" whose name sounds like a Boogie nights character...

What star names have you known?

I had my taxes done by Michael Cole one year.
    If you aren’t into wrestling you prob. don’t know who that is, and that’s okay, neither did the guy doing my taxes. I found it pretty funny though.

Mighty Member

Thanks. In comics we have Steven T Seagle and Ralph M Macchio. There's also children's author Stephen Michael King .

I do wish (Frasier producer) Christopher Lloyd would use a middle initial or something so people don't confuse him Doc Brown..

Others?

Retired

Jim Kelly here.

I used to work with a guy named Robert Wagner. At first, I just knew him as Bob. But when I learned what his last name was, I said to him, "Wait a minute, your name is Robert Wagner?" He said that he did get some dates with women when he was younger just based on his name.
    Watching television is not an activity.

My mother-in-law is Marilyn Monroe.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I had my taxes done by Michael Cole one year.
    If you aren’t into wrestling you prob. don’t know who that is, and that’s okay, neither did the guy doing my taxes. I found it pretty funny though.
    "The IRS said, and I quote ..."

LOL!

That IRS joke could go both ways with wrestling fans, too!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Used to work with James Kirk, and there's a Wilson Fisk knocking around the local gaming scene.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "The IRS said, and I quote ..."

LOL!

That IRS joke could go both ways with wrestling fans, too!
    ^^^LOL!

Thought of another after I logged off last night. I knew a Colonel before I retired last name Miller. I happened to look at some paperwork one day that had his full name on it. His first name was Dennis.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Thanks. In comics we have Steven T Seagle and Ralph M Macchio.
    Don't forget Marvel Comics editor Nick Lowe.

Ultimate Member

My cousin who passed was named Michael Jackson. I've encountered about two people related to my job with that name as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Don't forget Marvel Comics editor Nick Lowe.
    Don't forget Comic Artist Jason (Shawn) Alexander.

I've met a ton of people with famous names over the years. I don't remember them all. None were hilarious, or really worth remembering.

I tend to remember hilarious names that aren't related to celebrities more. But I'd feel weird just naming off random people to be googled.

Bruce Wayne once came to the place I work to get a cash advance.

Retired

There's a Peter Frampton who is a make-up artist that worked on a lot of really big movies (and small movies). I used to be thrown by that before I clued into the fact that he was not the same Peter Frampton I knew. I guess for a lot of people now the Peter Frampton I know is totally unknown to them. He's a 1970s guitar hero who had one of the biggest selling live albums of all time--FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE! Ask your grandparents.

Peter Frampton the make-up artist worked on such films as VICTOR VICTORIA, PINK FLOYD: THE WALL, GREYSTOKE: THE LEGEND OF TARZAN, BRAVEHEART, WITHNAIL AND I, SID AND NANCY, THE COMMITMENTS. Since he got into the biz in the 1960s, I guess he never considered changing his credit (like adding a middle initial), given the other Peter Frampton only became really famous after.

Sam Jackson

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!