Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Avengers Ages (616)

Age and birthdays for the Avengers, past and present.

Let's fill out the ages for our favorite Marvel Heroes as best we can. Please try to refer to comic panels or make educated guesses based on what we know about the characters. I'll be adjusting ages overtime once we reach a consensus or new info becomes available.

• Iron Man:
    • Thor: 1,500 years old? (took this from the MCU please let me know if this is wrong)
    • Ant-Man:
    • Wasp: 23 years old
    • Hulk:
    • Captain America: 102 years old, born on July 4, 1922 (corrected by Digifiend)
    • Hawkeye: 36 years old
    • Quicksilver: 29 years old
    • Scarlet Witch: 29 years old
    • Swordsman:
    • Hercules:
    • Black Panther:
    • Vision:
    • Black Knight:
    • Black Widow:
    • Mantis:
    • Two-Gun Kid:
    • Hellcat:
    • Beast:
    • Moondragon:
    • Wonder Man:
    • Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel: 29 years old
    • Falcon:
    • Tigra:
    • She-Hulk:
    • Captain Marvel/Spectrum:
    • Starfox:
    • Mockingbird:
    • War Machine:
    • Namor: 104 years old, born in 1915 or 1916
    • Thing:
    • Doctor Druid:
    • Firebird/La Espirita:
    • Moon Knight:
    • Demolition Man:
    • Mister Fantastic:
    • Invisible Woman:
    • Gilgamesh the Forgotten One:
    • U.S. Agent:
    • Quasar:
    • Human Torch (Jim Hammond): 81 years old
    • Daredevil:
    • Ironfist:
    • Luke Cage/Powerman:
    • Jessica Jones:
    • Wolverine: 134 years old, born in 1886
    • Blade: 98 years old, born on the 24th of October, 1922
    • Spider-Man: 28 years old
    • Ghost Rider:
    Last edited by Jabare; 12-13-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    The J-man

I mean with the exceptions you've provided, where the character is immortal or somehow time traveled/put in stasis etc. you're unlikely to get specifics. Marvel wants their most prominent characters to not age into retirement, so they're generally thirty*mumble* like, forever. I mean they do age, just very slowly, and it's kept vague unless they have some excuse to look young despite their age. Even ones like Cap, that have a set birth date, it's going to constantly change how long he was in stasis, because of the sliding timescale. It's not set in stone, but like, when he was first dethawed in 1964, only like 20 years had passed in the ice, but now that's expanded considerably to like 60-65 years. ish. It makes everything wonky, he'll keep aging in real time in a chronological sense, because he has that stasis period that began at a fixed date, but in a biological sense, he won't really age (except that time he did, but that was undone) he and everyone else will age very slowly.

*edited to add: Teen characters are a bit different, in because the specific age a teenager is can be important, so they can get specific ages thrown in. Like in Young Avengers, we know their ages relative to each other, and Kate Bishop celebrated her 21st birthday in Kieron Gillen's run, and then later, Billy and Teddy were shown legally drinking at a bar, and then got married, so that would probably make Kate 23 or so now, while they are 21. ish. But now that they are in their 20s, they're going to get much less specific with their ages. they're just 'young adult age'

I do think Marvel has kinda sped up the sliding timescale within the past 10 years or so, it used to be, general rule of thumb, for every 5 years that passed in the real world, about 1 would pass in universe, I think that's sped up some recently to maybe like 3ish? But it's still not a hard and fast rule and the main motivation remains, they want to keep their characters from getting too old, so they'll probably still kinda hit their 20s or 30s and just.... stop aging and they won't really touch on it.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-13-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    • Captain America: 102 years old, born on July 4, 1918
    Steve was born in 1922 in the comics, actually (that's why he's sympathetic to the Outlawed Champions, he's a former teen hero himself). The 1918 date is from the movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wasp was 23 years old in Avengers #43 in 1967.
    Carol Danvers was 29 years old in 1981, according to her driver's license in Avengers Annual #10.
    During Axis in 2014, Clint Barton was stated to be 36 years old.
    Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were under 20 years old when they joined the Avengers in 1965, according to the text narratives in the Heroic Age Avengers and New Avengers books. Scarlet Witch said in Avengers: The Children's Crusade that she has been an Avenger her entire adult life. That would make the Maximoffs 18 when they joined the Avengers.
    Black Widow was born in 1928.
    Firestar turned 18 just prior to Avengers (Vol. 3) #4.
    The Vison was born in Avengers #57 in 1968.
    The Human Torch was born in 1939.
    An issue of She-Hulk from 1990 stated that Jennifer was 32 years old.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 12-13-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm not sure where you are getting the date for Namor's birth year, but it is incorrect. It's been stated repeatedly, including in Marvel Comics #1, that his father arrived in the Antarctic on the Oracle in 1920.

I'm not sure when, but sometime in the Silver Age, they said the Oracle's trip was inspired by Shackleton's expeditions, which also puts the Oracle's trip post 1914 -1916. So Namor's birthday has to be after what you've posted. Now, there's been debate in the Namor thread on Namor's exact birthday, as Marvel has put forth 2/2/22 and also stated on panel that Namor was a Christmas baby and also shown on panel a birthday party during a warm month.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-13-2020 at 12:40 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Spider-Man was 15 when he got his powers. In Amazing Spider-Man #1 in 2015 he was 28 years old.
    The recent Scarlet Witch series stated that Wanda and Pietro were born during the Yugoslavian Civil War in the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wasp was 23 years old in Avengers #43 in 1967.
    Carol Danvers was 29 years old in 1981, according to her driver's license in Avengers Annual #10.
    During Axis in 2014, Clint Barton was stated to be 36 years old.
    Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were under 20 years old when they joined the Avengers in 1965, according to the text narratives in the Heroic Age Avengers and New Avengers books. Scarlet Witch said in Avengers: The Children's Crusade that she has been an Avenger her entire adult life. That would make the Maximoffs 18 when they joined the Avengers.
    Black Widow was born in 1928.
    Firestar turned 18 just prior to Avengers (Vol. 3) #4.
    The Vison was born in Avengers #57 in 1968.
    The Human Torch was born in 1939.
    An issue of She-Hulk from 1990 stated that Jennifer was 32 years old.
    So Jan is probably near her 30's and Carol and Jen might be in their late 30's, give or take the sliding timescale.

I think all the New Warriors are in their early to mid-20's now.

Wanda's probably in her late 20's.

Rage was 13 years old when he joined the team, and then was thrown off it.

I’d put Spider-Man at around 28. Black Panther would probably be in his early to mid 30’s.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

In the comics, it was stated in years past that Wanda and Pietro were born in 1958. Marvel comics has also given 1958 for Spider Woman Jessica Drew.

I thought from the comics that both Cap and Blac Widow were both born in 1920?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Steve is older, when they first met Natasha was still a child.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In the comics, it was stated in years past that Wanda and Pietro were born in 1958. Marvel comics has also given 1958 for Spider Woman Jessica Drew.

The Scarlet Witch series changed their birth to the 1990s Yugoslavian Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Age and birthdays for the Avengers, past and present.

Let's fill out the ages for our favorite Marvel Heroes as best we can. Please try to refer to comic panels or make educated guesses based on what we know about the characters. I'll be adjusting ages overtime once we reach a consensus or new info becomes available.

• Iron Man:
    • Thor: 1,500 years old? (took this from the MCU please let me know if this is wrong)
    • Ant-Man:
    • Wasp:
    • Hulk:
    • Captain America: 102 years old, born on July 4, 1918
    • Hawkeye:
    • Quicksilver:
    • Scarlet Witch:
    • Swordsman:
    • Hercules:
    • Black Panther:
    • Vision:
    • Black Knight:
    • Black Widow:
    • Mantis:
    • Two-Gun Kid:
    • Hellcat:
    • Beast:
    • Moondragon:
    • Wonder Man:
    • Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel:
    • Falcon:
    • Tigra:
    • She-Hulk:
    • Captain Marvel/Spectrum:
    • Starfox:
    • Mockingbird:
    • War Machine:
    • Namor: 104 years old, born in 1915 or 1916
    • Thing:
    • Doctor Druid:
    • Firebird/La Espirita:
    • Moon Knight:
    • Demolition Man:
    • Mister Fantastic:
    • Invisible Woman:
    • Gilgamesh the Forgotten One:
    • U.S. Agent:
    • Quasar:
    • Human Torch (Jim Hammond):
    • Daredevil:
    • Ironfist:
    • Luke Cage/Powerman:
    • Jessica Jones:
    • Wolverine: 134 years old, born in 1886
    • Blade: 98 years old, born on the 24th of October, 1922
    • Spider-Man:
    • Ghost Rider:
    Last I saw from Brevoort was that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were kept at the age of 29. They didn't want them to be 30+ because they wanted to keep them for younger audiences. Which didn't make sense with YA right there, but ok, lol. I really don't think there's been something recently.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Scarlet Witch series changed their birth to the 1990s Yugoslavian Civil War.
    Where was this directly sourced?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Last I saw from Brevoort was that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were kept at the age of 29. They didn't want them to be 30+ because they wanted to keep them for younger audiences. Which didn't make sense with YA right there, but ok, lol. I really don't think there's been something recently.
    The Young Avengers' ages have never made sense. Wiccan and Speed are too old to have been born after the events of the 1980s Vision and Scarlet Witch series, and Hulkling is too old to have been born after Captain Mar-Vell arrived on Earth - they're all old enough to have been born before the Avengers even formed. Hulkling was finally explained as time travel in his Empyre one-shot, but the twins haven't been explained.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman