Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marvel Earth

50 68.49%
  • Krajoa

23 31.51%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The telepath factor is overrated. Between Doom and Reed, they can cancel that out. Doom has shown to be resistant to it without even using any devices. It usually comes down to the will factor and someone with pretty strong will power will have no problem. And Franklin is the most powerful Omega mutant out there. He will stick with his family over any new found mutant ties.
    Franklins history got retconned in last weeks Fantastic Four# 26, he ain't no mutant anymore
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Incredible Member

The X-Men has Prodigy/Forge, The Sidri, The Brood, The Shiar, Arakko, Avalon, Limbo possibly Mercator and a bunch of Omega Level mutants.

now that im thinking about it

The Marvel earth has all the magical users, that's enough to defeat krakoa, superhumans that can blitz them

Krakoa have the telepaths and their reality warpers thats their only option to win

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Krakoa is a part of "Marvel Earth"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Krakoa is a part of "Marvel Earth"
    Preach and testify.

Also, after X of Swords...Krakoa is a little bigger to say the least.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If Forge can come up with a way to neutrilze mutant powers I'm sure Richards and Stark could in no time too. We have seen the tech out there many times already with stuff like the Genoshan collars and such. Unless they took out the big brains very fast the mutants would be in trouble.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

As I said in the same thread on the X-Men boards, Krakoa going to war with the rest of Marvel Earth would be a suicidal, self-destructive notion, and even the Krakoans know that. That is why they're operating as and through a nation-state, navigating the tangled web of international politics and working within --- if not subverting --- geopolitical institutions and structures to achieve their long-term goals of not only surviving, but thriving and prospering in a world where just about everyone else in it is on a hair-trigger to wipe them out. All-out war would only result in mutually assured destruction, with whoever was left standing in the end being stuck on a completely devastated planet Earth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As I said in the same thread on the X-Men boards, Krakoa going to war with the rest of Marvel Earth would be a suicidal, self-destructive notion, and even the Krakoans know that. That is why they're operating as and through a nation-state, navigating the tangled web of international politics and working within --- if not subverting --- geopolitical institutions and structures to achieve their long-term goals of not only surviving, but thriving and prospering in a world where just about everyone else in it is on a hair-trigger to wipe them out. All-out war would only result in mutually assured destruction, with whoever was left standing in the end being stuck on a completely devastated planet Earth.
    This exactly. There's a reason why in all the dystopian futures that the heroes and mutants were all killed.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    This exactly. There's a reason why in all the dystopian futures that the heroes and mutants were all killed.
    Starting with Days of Future Past, it could be argued that the Sentinels killed nonmutant superhumans because they ultimately saw no substantial difference between them and mutants like the X-Men, that any deviation from baseline humanity was a threat to be curtailed at any cost, ironically including the freedom of the very humans the Sentinels were made to protect from mutants. As I've thought for a while now, human hatred and fear may be concentrated against mutants now, but incidents like the original Civil War have shown that all it takes is one horrible event involving someone with powers, mutant or not, for humankind to just as easily turn on nonmutant superhumans as it has on mutants. In a nutshell, mutants and nonmutant superhumans have more reasons to band together, at least in terms of enlightened self-interest, than to fight against each other, if only because once mutants are "dealt with," who's to say humanity won't want "those other freaks" neutralized, too, especially if homo novissima becomes a thing and they realize they don't need superheroes created by one-off freak accidents anymore?

Astonishing Member

I get Iron-Blooded Orphans vibes from this. Specifically the last 3rd of season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I get Iron-Blooded Orphans vibes from this. Specifically the last 3rd of season 2.
    Gundam reference? Nice.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Bruce Banner "lets go" and solos.

What happened there? If you don't mind posting spoilers.

season 2 was so depressing. I really liked season 1, but season 2 was dark. After the halfway point you knew the show wasn't going to have a happy ending but each episode just drove the nail in deeper
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    This underdog group we follow start to do good and start become big shots, but come into conflict agaisnt a foe who just was to resourceful and their leaders and some minor members were killed, they also had to disband
    end of spoilers