Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Post What if DAN DIDIO took over Marvel Comics?

I imagine him running the Marvel comics industry,
    - he will probably got rid most of Marvel legacy characters who believe it make the Avengers heroes look old.
    - Peter Parker will be stuck at college age and never grow up.
    - Many Marvel Legacy Heroes will become a cannon foldder for the storylines.
    - X-Men will be tarnish by the editors because to them the X-Men represents what the legacy and diversity presents who against them due to the young mutants.
    - The Marvel Universe will continue publish " MARVEL KNIGHT " label because it show the dark, edgy, storyline filled with gore and violent, which the editor try to make Marvel Universe darker. Just like he do that in the DC Universe.

That's all I know so far.

DC would be finished, Dan Didio would use his chad intuition to transform Marvel Comics into the next Amazon.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It would be a true nightmare. There should be a law that should ban Didiot from ever returning to any comic editorial.

Can we just make sure Didio doesn't get his hands on another comic editorial job? Although, he probably couldn't do much worse than the current Marvel editorial team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    DC would be finished, Dan Didio would use his chad intuition to transform Marvel Comics into the next Amazon.
    Nice dream.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I imagine him running the Marvel comics industry,
    - he will probably got rid most of Marvel legacy characters who believe it make the Avengers heroes look old.
    - Peter Parker will be stuck at college age and never grow up.
    - Many Marvel Legacy Heroes will become a cannon foldder for the storylines.
    - X-Men will be tarnish by the editors because to them the X-Men represents what the legacy and diversity presents who against them due to the young mutants.
    - The Marvel Universe will continue publish " MARVEL KNIGHT " label because it show the dark, edgy, storyline filled with gore and violent, which the editor try to make Marvel Universe darker. Just like he do that in the DC Universe.

That's all I know so far.
    What's sad is that a lot of this is happening anyways.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Memes aside, I think a few things to expect from his reign would be a focus on expanding to other markets and reducing redundancies across IP to strengthen the core iterations so long as those redundancies themselves don't serve a great purpose.

So while you'd lose a lot of Spider-people, Miles would stick around because he diversifies the line and has a massive fanbase with clear appeal for adaption in other mediums. He would have suffered Nightwing if Dick was getting movies and video games. I disliked a lot of Dan's editorial direction but if you subscribed to his logic, there were clear reasons for why he did those things and he did believe it would be the best direction for the company.

He would also champion the monthly books. He loves those. Listen to any of his personal interviews post-DC. He adores the medium.

People whining about diversity would probably not like him at Marvel. While we meme on him bringing back the silver age, he did seem invested in trying to get more diversity in the main line. Granted, if the most iconic interpretation of those characters was white, that didn't slow his roll in a lot of cases (Batgirl is an example), but we did get a lot of diverse Lanterns, speedsters (Wallace, Avery and Augustus), Jaime, Batwoman and many others on his watch. So while I don't think his Marvel would have swapped all their main heroes for new iterations as they did, it wouldn't exactly be Marvel's Good Ol' Boys Club. I imagine many would call it a half measure as they did DC. YMMV.

He would clash with strongly opinionated creators and Waid would have left the company based on accounts I've heard over the years.

Cosmic/mythic characters like Thor would probably get misunderstood but the street level city dwellers (Marvel's bread and butter, frankly) would likely get good talent allocated to their books. This always seemed more his speed so perhaps Marvel was a better fit for him all along.

You may get some pet projects pushed through (he LOVED the Metal Men so that's why we saw them so often, which I appreciated) that have no reason to exist but consist of fan favorites. Silver lining for my boys and girls in the D-List.

It would be a mixed bag, and ultimately if he would benefit or hurt the company depends on what you personally value creatively. I don't think he would ever write under an Asian pseudonym to mislead people, though, so there's at least that. Probably something punny like "Justin Tyme" but nothing to the "Akira Yoshida" levels of are you kidding me?

Peter Parker has been stuck at college age, not allowed to grow up for the past decade (at least written that way). So there isn’t much difference with that point.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I wouldn’t want to wish that on them.
    I’ve already seen a lot of my fave characters go through a rough time at DC.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

It would be a nightmare of 90s happens again. The Heroes Reborn. The Heroes Return. Waaaaa! Horror!!!!