Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Congrats to nx01a.

And thanks to ed2962 for the vote. I knew an opera adaptation was going to be a hard sell.
    Last edited by foxley; 12-02-2020 at 04:20 AM.

Congratulations to nx01a!

Thank you so much to nx01a and Ravin' Ray for the votes and Iron Maiden for the honorable mention.

The following splendid posters each received two votes:

icctrombone, Kai "the spy", Scott Taylor, Squirrel Man, seismic-2, and WestPhillyPunisher
    Hm... I see how it is. Snubbed in the totals!

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Congratulations to nx01a!

Thank you so much to nx01a and Ravin' Ray for the votes and Iron Maiden for the honorable mention.

Great covers. I didn't quite understand the wrap up. nx01a won outright.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Great covers. I didn't quite understand the wrap up. nx01a won outright.
    Nschornhorst wasn't mentioned as getting two votes. But I made that mistake too for my contest. For what it's worth Nschornhorst I ordered the Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal Blu-Rays in time for Christmas.

Congrats to nx01a.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Good win, nx01a...!

Ty to kjn for the vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Nschornhorst wasn't mentioned as getting two votes. But I made that mistake too for my contest. For what it's worth Nschornhorst I ordered the Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal Blu-Rays in time for Christmas.
    D'oh! He was in my notes, but somehow he disappeared when I made the actual post. Sorry about that!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Congrats to nx01a.
    Awesome! I love those films. I remember reading how upset Jim Henson was that they weren't successful at the time. If they'd been a hit, who knows what other gems we could've gotten?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    D'oh! He was in my notes, but somehow he disappeared when I made the actual post. Sorry about that!
    lol It's fine. Just giving a bit of a hard time.

Congratulations nx10a, now I really regret suggesting you replace your first cover. I regret more that I voted for the new one.
    I am now asking for contributions to form a legal team to get a recount.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congrats nx01a!

Btw I misspoke earlier, I do not have 2 copies of what I posted (Lorna Doone Classics Illustrated comic). I checked and my two copies are actually the earlier Classic Comics edition of this comic, before it rebranded itself as Classics Illustrated. The later CI issue used the same great Baker cover though!

Last edited by Shalla Bal; 12-02-2020 at 07:16 AM. Reason: typo in nx's name

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Congrats nx01a!

Btw I misspoke earlier, I do not have 2 copies of what I posted (Lorna Doone Classics Illustrated comic). I checked and my two copies are actually the earlier Classic Comics edition of this comic, before it rebranded itself as Classics Illustrated. The later CI issue used the same great Baker cover though!

I think the later version cut a few pages from the adaptation though (page counts decreased over the years). I have the one you posted initially, but I might pick up the earlier version at some point to check out what was cut.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I think the later version cut a few pages from the adaptation though (page counts decreased over the years). I have the one you posted initially, but I might pick up the earlier version at some point to check out what was cut.

-M
    Thanks! Fwiw I just checked GCD and there's a note that the CI edition has "pages 5-8, 21-22 cut."

Thanks, my faithful followers!

Work willing, the new contest will be up within the hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Congratulations, nx01a!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Congratulations to nx01a for their marvelous cover taking the top spot this week. I am amazed at the Earl Norem work which provided incredible musculature, yet still look realistic. I regret not having found or read the actual Gladiator novel, but I haven't looked for it in years. Perhaps for my bucket list.

And now, what the captain has learned in this contest's peak of the week! Going back to the Classic Illustrated series, we have many adaptations of books, movies, and TV shows. Most were extensions of work done in other media and those were verboten in this contest, but using a concept in comics to expand a franchise seems to be a very viable tactic.

And I've seen enough Universal horror movies to know that Frankenstein is not dead and that book will rise again.

Thanks go out to Nschornhorst for the honorable mention.