Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This is like an anime filler
    I think you mean "anime padding". At least with filler, something's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    and not the good kind
    Good kind of those is rare anyways lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think you mean "anime padding". At least with filler, something's happening.
    Depends, we have filler where the events have essentially nothing happening, even if the story tries to pretend otherwise, like that time in Dragon Ball Z where Ginyu body switched to Bulma.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Good kind of those is rare anyways lol.

Depends, we have filler where the events have essentially nothing happening, even if the story tries to pretend otherwise, like that time in Dragon Ball Z where Ginyu body switched to Bulma.
    At least we hadn't reach "Obito's backstory 3 times" level just yet.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    u sure? cause every issue opens with Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Just finished reading the issue, and I really enjoyed this one!

Finally, we get Sin-eater vs. Morlun after waiting for a couple issues, I did think the fight could have come sooner but it's good it got resolved so we can move forward.

The highlight was the Astral Plane of course and it did something I really liked and did not see coming. Not only did The Order of the Web have to fight against MJ demon, but we had all the players from One More Day. Demon Kingpin, demon hitman who shot Aunt May, and Aunt May zombie herself. and MJ who is just endlessly repeating her words from the deal, LOL.

See... this is what I like, SHOWING the reader and not telling the reader. It could have been simple for Harry to just tell Peter about One More Day, but that would be boring and lazy. Much better way is showing us.... we get to experience not only Peter's dream of the party in the last issue, but now we also get to see the affects of the deal in the Astral Plane... seeing demon's imitate and manifest the actors in that were all tied to One More Day. It was a VERY cool idea and creative approach.

I really like the way Spencer planned this arc to show the affects of the deal in multiple ways on Peter's soul.

I do wonder how things will wrap up in the next issue. The Order of the Web have finally arrived in Kindred's lair and Sin-Eater is waiting for them. I wonder what role they will play in the resolution to the story.

Also, it just hit me... we never saw anything in this one continuing the MJ/Norman subplot. I guess the next LR will focus on that. However, I do wonder if we will see MJ play a big role in issue 55 as well or if it will just play out in the LR issue.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-25-2020 at 07:50 PM.

I honestly have no issue with how this event is going nor do i feel that it is going to just end here because i have the impression that Spencer is setting up for something else like he did with HydraCap. Whether that has to do with OMD or not only time will tell. Besides after everything that went down with Slott i am enjoying this run more than i thought i would but that's just my opinion and accept that not everyone will feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I honestly have no issue with how this event is going nor do i feel that it is going to just end here because i have the impression that Spencer is setting up for something else like he did with HydraCap. Whether that has to do with OMD or not only time will tell. Besides after everything that went down with Slott i am enjoying this run more than i thought i would but that's just my opinion and accept that not everyone will feel the same.
    It clearly is as this issue just showed us more of that.... having demon Kingpin, Kingpin's hitman, Aunt May and MJ... all critical players tied to the deal.

Also I agree with you, this run has been a dream run for me and I couldn't be happier with this arc so far.

Also, having Bagley back on art again in Amazing just makes it feel like home to me. What a fantastic time for Spider-Man comics!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-25-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Feel your pain. I’m desperately trying hard to enjoy this story. I really am. My anticipation for Spider-Man was at a high after ASM 51 and then things just went south quick. Spencer is just dragging this way too long. There’s literally been little to no progression of the story for the past couple of issues. Add to that the “most brutal battle ever” false advertising slogan in for the last two ASM issues and this is just leaving a very sour taste in my mouth.
    I quite enjoyed this issue, nice art, cool fights in Peter’s dreamscape. Strange mentions that Spidey’s soul is at stake. Does this mean he knows about OMD specifically, or just something is going on with his soul?

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Spencer for those phoney solicits, probably out of his hands. I think OMD will be overtly addressed in 55.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

God, this was the storyline Spencer's run has been building up to for 2 years and it feels like filler... I honestly preferred Spencer's filler arcs over this (like the Gog arc). Honestly, I feel like the only reason this arc is getting any discussion at all is due to referencing OMD, because I can't think of a single interesting aspect of this story on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    How many of the other Spider-Heroes have even met (616) MJ?
    Miguel has in Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man from the 90s.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That actually happened? Man the more of Naruto's fillers I hear, the more I'm glad I read the manga, that way I only had to put up with everything post Pain sucking, but not having to watch such fillers on top of that.

And don't bother mentioning Infinite Tsukuyomi doing a year's worth of fillers, already aware of that .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    u sure? cause every issue opens with Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider
    That's just the recap/credits page, not as bad as wasting minutes to show that **** we got sick of the first time it was shown lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Also, it just hit me... we never saw anything in this one continuing the MJ/Norman subplot. I guess the next LR will focus on that. However, I do wonder if we will see MJ play a big role in issue 55 as well or if it will just play out in the LR issue.
    Solicits for the next LR issue has the "what is Mary Jane Watson’s part in “Last Remains”? Don’t miss this chapter that raises her stakes by about a million times!" bit, but, y'know, it's solicits, so maybe they lied again and MJ doesn't even show up there.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    God, this was the storyline Spencer's run has been building up to for 2 years and it feels like filler... I honestly preferred Spencer's filler arcs over this (like the Gog arc). Honestly, I feel like the only reason this arc is getting any discussion at all is due to referencing OMD, because I can't think of a single interesting aspect of this story on its own.
    I never cared about its possible OMD connection, so the references, while cute, aren't doing enough for me to think this is an actually interesting story, kinda funny it went downhill in the issue where Peter met Kindred, and that's when it should've gotten interesting, not worse lol.

Not that before that it didn't have issues, that "Record Strange doing magic somehow allows Peter to go to Astral Plane" was stupid, but at least the pacing wasn't manga slow.

Miguel has in Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man from the 90s.
    Fucking damn it I should make a list of Spider-People, I always forget someone, and Miguel's cool so forgetting him sucks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    I quite enjoyed this issue, nice art, cool fights in Peter’s dreamscape. Strange mentions that Spidey’s soul is at stake. Does this mean he knows about OMD specifically, or just something is going on with his soul?

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Spencer for those phoney solicits, probably out of his hands. I think OMD will be overtly addressed in 55.
    I've actually been wondering about that myself. Because I originally thought the deal was only about the marriage but Strange keeps mentioning how Peter's soul is at stake. I didn't know to take that in a figurative sense or literal sense, but I was looking through OMD and did see this panel in it:

So I'm starting to wonder if Spencer is putting Peter's soul on the line in some way here and if it's tied back to this statement about Mephisto thinking he would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I never cared about its possible OMD connection, so the references, while cute, aren't doing enough for me to think this is an actually interesting story, kinda funny it went downhill in the issue where Peter met Kindred, and that's when it should've gotten interesting, not worse lol.
    Yeah I guess that's a big part of why I'm enjoying this so much. I've waited over a decade for One More Day to be addressed... even mentioned in Spider-Man comics, so each time I see a new reference it's like a dopamine release for me, LOL. I really am eating it up.

BANNED

Yeah I guess that's a big part of why I'm enjoying this so much. I've waited over a decade for One More Day to be addressed... even mentioned in Spider-Man comics, so each time I see a new reference it's like a dopamine release for me, LOL. I really am eating it up.
    ItÂ’s a trick. At this point itÂ’s so obvious they are gonna talk about omd that they clearly will not. He is dragging it out because when that subversion hits and this story turns out to be one long con by mystero or something that these issues lose all narrative value and so he has to milk it as long as he can before the turn. Cause once they show you this was never about omd you will never read this arc again

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    ItÂ’s a trick. At this point itÂ’s so obvious they are gonna talk about omd that they clearly will not. He is dragging it out because when that subversion hits and this story turns out to be one long con by mystero or something that these issues lose all narrative value and so he has to milk it as long as he can before the turn. Cause once they show you this was never about omd you will never read this arc again
    LOL, that's impossible at this point. I knew it was about OMD since issue #51 and every issue since then has had another layer of confirmation. I have absolutely no doubt anymore.

What I think you are missing is Spencer is not trying to hide what it's about. He is taking an opportunity to show the reader OMD's impact on Peter before we are told. Now is the time to really soak in the details like we saw on this issue. After issue 55 it won't have the same impact so it's good we get all the hints and cool references now while we can.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-25-2020 at 09:44 PM.

I've actually been wondering about that myself. Because I originally thought the deal was only about the marriage but Strange keeps mentioning how Peter's soul is at stake. I didn't know to take that in a figurative sense or literal sense, but I was looking through OMD and did see this panel in it:

So I'm starting to wonder if Spencer is putting Peter's soul on the line in some way here and if it's tied back to this statement about Mephisto thinking he would get it.
    Would also tie well with the other times Mephisto showed up, like in Spider-Man/Deadpool, where Peter feels like he's missing something, and Mephisto tormented him over it.

Kinda funny that Spider-Man/Deadpool of all places decided to talk about that lol.

That's fine, story for me just lacks any other substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Which by the way, I still expect something like this to happen lol.

Also, noticed this hours ago:

Don't ask how I noticed this, but yeah, same-ish pose :P.