Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I like Julia, but I got that vibe as well. I was more concerned she might be killed off by Sin Eater which would suck.
    The thing is, I'm just wondering what's going to happen to her daughter Rachel (who should be in her early teens by this point) if something really bad happens to her. After all, Julia was a single mother Spider-Woman long before Jessica Drew, and while we're quite aware of Jessica's family situation thanks to her current title, we sadly don't get as much for Julia and Rachel.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Has to be Martino, Aunt May's Sniper. You have the scene of Julia Carpenter being targeted by a literal demonic sniper scope. lol

There are really cool elements to this story. I just don't get the intent and the execution. Regarding intent, if you're going to address OMD and potentially have Peter remember the deal, why would you half ass it like Spencer and co are doing right now? It makes me think that this story isn't going to resolve OMD. Instead, it's setting up the bigger story down the line. The story Marvel bills as the true sequel to OMD and OMIT.

Regarding execution, you've all pointed out this story is all over the place. I agree with RD155. Why is the order in this issue? I love Morlun but what is he doing here? Sin Eater "has his powers"??? Huh? So he's cleansed? WTF? What was the doiuble Harry reveal about? What does Spencer have? 2 issues left? 3? I hope he can tie this altogether.
    I could very much see marvel hyping up a Spidey event that involved OMD. I hope not - as the fun is not knowing (I mean, the buzz we got when we saw the OMD page revisited in the previews was cool to say we weren’t really expecting it)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The thing is, I'm just wondering what's going to happen to her daughter Rachel (who should be in her early teens by this point) if something really bad happens to her. After all, Julia was a single mother Spider-Woman long before Jessica Drew, and while we're quite aware of Jessica's family situation thanks to her current title, we sadly don't get as much for Julia and Rachel.
    And Jessica doesn't have a Roger to take care of her daughter...unless she and her parents are on speaking terms again.

why does the madame web role matter anyway?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Jessica doesn't have a Roger to take care of her daughter...unless she and her parents are on speaking terms again.
    You mean Julia, but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Someone has to watch over the Web of Life and Destiny and interpret its visions. Could have just stuck a penitent Charlotte Witter in that role to take up where her grandmother left off, and let Julia be Arachne again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    And yeah, I agree with Lukmendes (see, I've got Your nick right this time .
    Good, "Lukemendes" always looked so ugly, too many "e" .

Or maybe it's the Mandela effect or something).
    You and a bunch of people thought I was dead? .

It feels like Sin Eater is even more important than Petey and Harry. Wonder if he stays alive at the end of the story.
    It'd honestly be weird if he dies by the end of the LR issues, 'cause he could have died in ASM#50 when Kindred removed the sins from him to possess the Spider-People, and if he dies while battling the Spiders, then all he did was briefly be a protagonist of his story, but only have that much for the other Spider-People to have an excuse to not be helping out Peter, which would only make it more obvious how much the LR issues are just padding.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    This still could be a LOT worse, guys. It might not be what we originally expecting and maybe we want to be seeing something else, but it’s not like this is a bad story.
    "It could be worse" is a bad mentality since it can make you start to accept mediocrity.

Hell, you can say "It could be worse" to fucking OMD.

And yeah, it's not a bad story, but this story is so far on the level of quality the 2099 arc had, and to look worse, Sins Rising, the story that's essentially a prologue for Last Remains, was more interesting, and when Sin Eater was resurrected before Sins Rising, my reaction was basically "What the ****", so I wasn't expecting interesting **** to come out of that.

Plus, this is also the story Spencer should've planned well since the beginning, 'cause Kindred has been around since the the first issue of this run (Well, not counting the Free Comic Book Day one), and he was clearly supposed to be a big deal, and while a lot of the times he showed up only had him doing boring, repetitive, vague threats, that doesn't mean his own damn story should be like, this... And maybe the ending will improve, it can be good, or even great, but if that's the case, wouldn't it be better if the journer to that ending was on a similar level of quality? It certainly would have a lot less people bitching here.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I like Julia, but I got that vibe as well. I was more concerned she might be killed off by Sin Eater which would suck.
    Her being killed by him would be weird at this point, I have this theory that the only reason she survived Grim Hunt is because Grim Hunt was supposed to make sure there's only one Spider-Woman, and one Spider-Girl, so Mattie got killed for Anya to be Spider-Girl (Mattie called herself Spider-Woman, but was a teenager and about the same age as Anya), and Julia, didn't die but became Madame Web, so that essentially removed her as Spider-Woman, so going out of their way to kill her now would be weird when Marvel is rather clearly okay with more Spider-People around, would be odd to suddenly think "Okay, let's kill this one in particular"...

Not saying it can't happen, Marvel certainly can make some decisions that can leave you wondering "But why? Why", but it'd suck if it does happen.

Rachel could always go live with her grandparents, I think that's what happened back when Julia was working with the government in her first appearances, either that or she was living with her father, but guy's dead now, but Rachel was definitely living with her grandparents when Julia was a fugitive during the Civil War in Carol's Ms. Marvel comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    In theory she's supposed to help to protect the Web of Life with her visions, in practice, she's in limbo too much, so it's essentially an Informed Attribute, she wasn't even involved in Spider-Geddon, and was in a coma in Spider-Verse.

It's honestly funny that Spencer's ASM introduced that Clairvoyant device, and it's as effectice as Julia could be with the visions, and then when she shows up in ASM, she sucks once again, so yeah... Poor Julia lol.

Someone has to watch over the Web of Life and Destiny and interpret its visions. Could have just stuck a penitent Charlotte Witter in that role to take up where her grandmother left off, and let Julia be Arachne again.
    Charlotte would first need to stop villain a villain before being stuck in a role like that, unless Marvel were to make an evil Madame Web lol.

But honestly, just let Julia have this role, even if she ends up doing nothing with the huge potential she has, it's the writers who don't bother with her, maybe someday they'll actually do something with her, if she loses the Madame Web powers, she might as well be the most redundant Spider-Person, 'cause the only thing she had over all the others is that she's a mother, now Jessica is a mother too, and she's way more known, so there would be no reason to bother with Julia.

How many of the other Spider-Heroes have even met (616) MJ?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m gunna bow out on discussing this issue, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    How many of the other Spider-Heroes have even met (616) MJ?
    On-screen? Jessica probably did when Peter was living with the Avengers, Miles at the latest he met her in Tom Taylor's Friendly Neighbor, Kaine and Ben both met her during clone saga (Though Kaine couldn't be considered a "hero" back then, but that's besides the point) that's all I know, maybe Cindy met her in some comic? I doubt that though... Julia and Anya have no screen time so I doubt that happened too, Mattie was aware of her and once she thought MJ was dead, she made out with Peter, which, doesn't count as meeting MJ, I just randomly remembered this weird ass detail .

Edit: Forgot about the old folks, Ezekiel met her during JMS' run in ASM#506, Cassandra at the latest met her in Sensational#38
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-25-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    On-screen? Jessica probably did when Peter was living with the Avengers, Miles at the latest he met her in Tom Taylor's Friendly Neighbor, Kaine and Ben both met her during clone saga (Though Kaine couldn't be considered a "hero" back then, but that's besides the point) that's all I know, maybe Cindy met her in some comic? I doubt that though... Julia and Anya have no screen time so I doubt that happened too, Mattie was aware of her and once she thought MJ was dead, she made out with Peter, which, doesn't count as meeting MJ, I just randomly remembered this weird ass detail .
    Wasn't that Veranke? I remember she punched out an Inheritor-servant MJ during Spider-Verse (man, that was terrible).

I don't think MJ and Earth-65 Gwen have ever interacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't that Veranke?
    Riiight, forgot Veranke was a thing and the real Jessica only came back after Civil War, by then Peter had moved out of the Avengers tower, so yeah, if they met it wasn't during that, close enough though .

I remember she punched out an Inheritor-servant MJ during Spider-Verse (man, that was terrible).
    Wasn't the Jessica from that world a pirate who dated one of the Morlums too?

I don't think MJ and Earth-65 Gwen have ever interacted.
    Fucking damn it, I had listed Gwen there but removed without noticing when I was first posting, even when I remember everyone I find a way to exclude them lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Fun issue. I assume Sin-Eater absorbed Morlun's powers based on the blue energy coming from his shotgun/Morlun's back and the fact Morlun wouldn't go down with a single shotgun round, and Morlun'a powers would've let him track down the Order.

I liked the art shift, felt as if I was warped back to 2007. All the phantom demons from OMD were fun. Anya patting herself on the back for two ghostbuster references was cute.

I assume #54 is going to be dedicated to how Harry became Kindred and explain it all, with #54.LR being The Order vs Sin-Eater and Kafka/Norman/MJ traveling to Kindred's domain and #55 revealing OMD stuff to Peter/Norman being restored/Harry retreating for now
    yea i think 54 is going to tell how harry got to this point

This is like an anime filler

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    yea i think 54 is going to tell how harry got to this point
    i expect harry to tell peter how this happen in 54. 54.lr will be the fight between the order and sin eater with sin eater dominating. 55 Peter and Harry probably have some kind of agreement

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This is like an anime filler
    and not the good kind