Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
See the Outlawed one-shot and the Champions series, both by Eve Ewing, for more details, but the short version is that Kamala was injured and ended up in a coma while in civilian guise as a result of a fight between the Champions and a dragon captured and enslaved by Roxxon, so politicians used the public outrage over that to push a law --- that they named after her, no less --- banning anyone under the age of 21 from engaging in costumed vigilantism.
Oh, good, it's not what I imagined... I thought she became a polititian, or was magically given authorization to make laws, and she decided to **** over other heroes with it for whatever reason.

As Gwen/Ghost-Spider is at most 20 years old, that law would apply to her, too, and the argument she got into with Peter in her last solo was whether or not that law was a good idea or not. Peter's answer was ambivalent, but a strong enough "maybe" that she reacted . . . not well, to say the least.
I can see why she'd react like that, 'cause anything that isn't a "no" makes it sound like he agrees, or at least considers, that she and other young heroes aren't old enough to be a hero, specially considering he started as a teenager too.

Of course, if we use real life standards then they aren't old enough and the law is actually correct, but that's besides the point .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
No punching, thankfully. And yeah, I'm waiting to see how all this comes together and whether the Order of the Web actually contributes anything. I mean, I love all those Spider-characters and I'm glad the ones that don't currently have titles aren't just drifting away into comic book limbo, though I agree there does have to be some payoff, sooner or later.
Wouldn't count of that, because like I said before, the way the story is structured, it seems that Sin Eater is .LR's protagonist, so I doubt Spider-People will get much focus since they're being used to continue his story, doesn't help that Morlum rather blatantly was only around for that, so not far fetched for the Spider-People to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think I remember her threatening to use the pheromones' to get Peter to leave New York to her or something problematic in the first issue of Spider-Verse.
Wasn't like that:

https://i.imgur.com/WHJvknX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yQG4w2E.jpg

(ASM#9 vol 3)

It's more accurate to say that she was telling him to leave to actually solve the pheromone problem, not a "Leave or Imma rape you".

Not to say she wasn't being a total creep here, or shitty to have that as a serious suggestion, but, nothing on the level of threatening to rape him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
Speaking of that creepy side effect i still remember this:

"Spider, spiders everywhere"
Why did that make me think of a bunch of spiders attracted to the pheronomones? .