Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-man 53.LR Discussion Spoilers

Ok another issue where really not much at all happens. I’m trying hard to enjoy the ride because of how excited I was for this storyline but damn....hard to enjoy a ride when the damn car is barely moving.

Morlun vs Sin eater was cool but there’s little to no story progression happening. I said it before in another thread but this last remains story would work so much better without the Order of the Web, Sin eater and Morlun.

Anyways, decent read but all this constant “alluding” to something with little to no answers has run its course big time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Ok another issue where really not much at all happens. I’m trying hard to enjoy the ride because of how excited I was for this storyline but damn....hard to enjoy a ride when the damn car is barely moving.

Morlun vs Sin eater was cool but there’s little to no story progression happening. I said it before in another thread but this last remains story would work so much better without the Order of the Web, Sin eater and Morlun.

Anyways, decent read but all this constant “alluding” to something with little to no answers has run its course big time.
    The Morlun/Sin Eater stuff I am not sure where that is heading. If I wager, the conclusion is gonna be Sin Eater killing Kindred and taking his power and purging Kindred of his "sins" and then being left in the Astral Plane, and you have some version of Harry Osborn back, with the "good" Norman tending to him.

This issue feels too light for me as well.

The MJ in the Astral Plane saying "the answer is Yes" like a broken record feels a little surreal and I liked that bit. The demonic stuff in the Astral Plane felt pretty scary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    like a broken record
    I hate to be here every Wednesday being cynical but this is how I feel about this whole kindred and Last Remains story. At this point i do not care about Harry Osborn and i do not care for kindred. I just want to know what the hell he wants. That is literally all i want. No more dragging it out.

u can literally skip this issue my only question is did sin eater absorb morluns powers or not
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I hate to be here every Wednesday being cynical but this is how I feel about this whole kindred and Last Remains story.
    Well I am sure the feeling is mutual on the part of the "whole kindred and Last Remains story".

Stories some times feel a certain way about fans too.

I just want to know what the hell he wants. That is literally all i want. No more dragging it out.
    Maybe you could teleport yourself into the future and read it on TPB and then you can judge this for yourself?

Monthly ongoings following an event are generally slow and steady affairs.

I will admit that issue-by-issue Last Remains is weaker than Hunted, but there's no reason to get over-the-top and antsy every week...this isn't the 2020 Election where every day of that week people were losing their s--t about something or another.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well I am sure the feeling is mutual on the part of the "whole kindred and Last Remains story".

Stories some times feel a certain way about fans too.

Maybe you could teleport yourself into the future and read it on TPB and then you can judge this for yourself?

Monthly ongoings following an event are generally slow and steady affairs.

I will admit that issue-by-issue Last Remains is weaker than Hunted, but there's no reason to get over-the-top and antsy every week...this isn't the 2020 Election where every day of that week people were losing their s--t about something or another.
    I can see where this is going so i will bow out now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post

I have no problem with Sin Eater, I can see where he is needed because of the Cleansing of Norman Osborn. Morlun and the Order Of The Web is not only not necessary, but reminds me of The Other and Silk to name two stories I absolutely detested. If Spencer would have focused on Peter, Harry, Norman, Sin Eater and MJ it would have not only have been a more concise story but a better one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I hate to be here every Wednesday being cynical but this is how I feel about this whole kindred and Last Remains story. At this point i do not care about Harry Osborn and i do not care for kindred. I just want to know what the hell he wants. That is literally all i want. No more dragging it out.
    Feel your pain. I’m desperately trying hard to enjoy this story. I really am. My anticipation for Spider-Man was at a high after ASM 51 and then things just went south quick. Spencer is just dragging this way too long. There’s literally been little to no progression of the story for the past couple of issues. Add to that the “most brutal battle ever” false advertising slogan in for the last two ASM issues and this is just leaving a very sour taste in my mouth.

Fantastic Member

Fun issue. I assume Sin-Eater absorbed Morlun's powers based on the blue energy coming from his shotgun/Morlun's back and the fact Morlun wouldn't go down with a single shotgun round, and Morlun'a powers would've let him track down the Order.

I liked the art shift, felt as if I was warped back to 2007. All the phantom demons from OMD were fun. Anya patting herself on the back for two ghostbuster references was cute.

I assume #54 is going to be dedicated to how Harry became Kindred and explain it all, with #54.LR being The Order vs Sin-Eater and Kafka/Norman/MJ traveling to Kindred's domain and #55 revealing OMD stuff to Peter/Norman being restored/Harry retreating for now

While I got most of the demons being related to OMD/Back in Black (Kingpin, Aunt May, and of course MJ), who was that 4-armed guy supposed to be? The sniper who actually shot Aunt May?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    While I got most of the demons being related to OMD/Back in Black (Kingpin, Aunt May, and of course MJ), who was that 4-armed guy supposed to be? The sniper who actually shot Aunt May?
    thats a good question i was hoping the experts here could tell us
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    As soon as I saw the demon shooter’s turtle neck I assumed it was the sniper that shot aunt may.

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

In my opinion of view, it's an decently good issue and I gotta say I love Takeshi Miyazawa's artwork here. Hope he and Maurene Goo have that new Silk series rescheduled soon.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So just a shot in the dark here, but I get the feeling that this side story might be Spencers way of getting rid of/writing out Julia Carpenter as Madame Web. Her conversation with Gwen kind of highlighted that all of her prophesizing kind of amounts to squat when she can't actually anticipate how characters are actually going to act.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So just a shot in the dark here, but I get the feeling that this side story might be Spencers way of getting rid of/writing out Julia Carpenter as Madame Web. Her conversation with Gwen kind of highlighted that all of her prophesizing kind of amounts to squat when she can't actually anticipate how characters are actually going to act.
    Considering how ineffectual her entire time as Madame Web has been, it's not like we'd be missing much .