Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

The sniper's name is Jake Martino. He is depicted at this link

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jake_Martino_(Earth-616)

The clothes between him and four-armed demon are quite similar

I thought Demon-MJ would play a bigger role in this issue after being last issue's cliffhanger.

(Dr. Strange did all the heavy lifting in this issue. Why are the other Spider-Heroes even here?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I thought Demon-MJ would play a bigger role in this issue after being last issue's cliffhanger.

(Dr. Strange did all the heavy lifting in this issue. Why are the other Spider-Heroes even here?)
    This.

There’s absolutely no point to having them in this story. I too thought that the demon MJ would serve a bigger role in this issue. Spencer should have MJ playing a role and using up those panels that are being given to “The Order of the Web” instead.

I suppose that at this point, Strange knows that Peter made a questionable deal with a questionable individual. Too bad, that we still get only references to OMD. The issue isn't really acknowledging the deal, it just teases us.

I was really hyped up for Kindred and all of this stuff, but I'm getting tired. I feel like Spencer is waving an OMD carrot in front of me, and I just can't reach it.

How much longer? At this point I doubt we are getting any acknowledgement of the deal.

Also, the story would be much, much better if the order of the web and Sin eater got written out. Why do we need all of the spiders? They don't add anything to the story (beside Gwen). Why do we need Morlun? Strange and Black Cat would have been enough, fighting the "echoes" in Peter's Astral plane...

I'll stick to the end, but I'm not having high hopes for this story anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I suppose that at this point, Strange knows that Peter made a questionable deal with a questionable individual. Too bad, that we still get only references to OMD. The issue isn't really acknowledging the deal, it just teases us.

I was really hyped up for Kindred and all of this stuff, but I'm getting tired. I feel like Spencer is waving an OMD carrot in front of me, and I just can't reach it.

How much longer? At this point I doubt we are getting any acknowledgement of the deal.

Also, the story would be much, much better if the order of the web and Sin eater got written out. Why do we need all of the spiders? They don't add anything to the story (beside Gwen). Why do we need Morlun? Strange and Black Cat would have been enough, fighting the "echoes" in Peter's Astral plane...

I'll stick to the end, but I'm not having high hopes for this story anymore.
    I lhad to read your post twice and make sure I didn’t write it without knowing or something lol.

Literally the same exact way I feel. I was excited and now I’m just tired and exhausted. The constant teasing towards OMD is starting to feel like some sick joke that just constantly tugging at the heart strings. The story has essentially come to a stand still with little to no progression issue after issue ...

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I hate to be here every Wednesday being cynical but this is how I feel about this whole kindred and Last Remains story. At this point i do not care about Harry Osborn and i do not care for kindred. I just want to know what the hell he wants. That is literally all i want. No more dragging it out.
    For someone who said twice "It's not who I am, it's what I want", he surely only foccused in his identity and not his objective so far... So yeah, very fair complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Maybe you could teleport yourself into the future and read it on TPB and then you can judge this for yourself?

Monthly ongoings following an event are generally slow and steady affairs.

I will admit that issue-by-issue Last Remains is weaker than Hunted, but there's no reason to get over-the-top and antsy every week...this isn't the 2020 Election where every day of that week people were losing their s--t about something or another.
    Problem is that the story is using this "Oh something cool will happen later" method of writing, while not having a lot of cool **** to see now, and while that works for trade, it's pretty boring with this kind of release since not much is going on, and I'm not saying we should have twists and turns at every issue, but how about something interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    While I got most of the demons being related to OMD/Back in Black (Kingpin, Aunt May, and of course MJ), who was that 4-armed guy supposed to be? The sniper who actually shot Aunt May?
    Yeah it might've been the that sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So just a shot in the dark here, but I get the feeling that this side story might be Spencers way of getting rid of/writing out Julia Carpenter as Madame Web. Her conversation with Gwen kind of highlighted that all of her prophesizing kind of amounts to squat when she can't actually anticipate how characters are actually going to act.
    While she's mostly useless as a Madame Web, making her lose that role would be a disservice to her, 'cause without the Madame Web powers, she's just another redundant Spider-Person, and I'm pretty sure she's the least popular one from that group too, so she'd go to limbo right away, and sure, she's mostly in limbo anyways, but removing the one thing that makes her stand out would only make sure she won't leave it so soon, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Why do we need all of the spiders? They don't add anything to the story (beside Gwen). Why do we need Morlun? Strange and Black Cat would have been enough, fighting the "echoes" in Peter's Astral plane...
    Gwen isn't even useful in this story, last time she did anything to stand out was making that cool speech about Peter in ASM#850, then reminding Norman about 616 Gwen to piss off Peter (Meaning she was a plot device even by then), now she's just as redundant as the rest of the Spider-People in this story, with the only difference that she... Talks more than the rest sometimes? Yeah...

Either way, I'm reading the issue, and wondering what the hell's going on with Miles' costume, it's like he painted it black over a red costume, and now it's discoloring.

Was surprised when Sin Eater said he wasn't sure if he still had his powers, would be smarter to, well, confirm it, but I guess he has this much faith on the guy who backstabbed him, also good thing that Morlum's and Sin Eater's scuffle conveniently put them in the perfect position for the trap to work.

Pretty dumb Strange stayed behind to stop that demon, he could always follow them after stalling for a bit, but like I said, they had to get rid of him lol.

https://i.imgur.com/oNy1KoT.jpg

"You seemed to know what was coming pretty clearly back there. We should probably have a talk about that."

Is Gwen going to mention how Julia was saying that they should let Sin Eater shoot Norman, and once he actually did that, she said they were fucked once it happened? 'Cause that really needs an explanation, otherwise Julia is just a contradictory dumbass.

It's also weird that in this page Julia says "That will have to wait" in the panel a sniper is aiming at her, while Gwen sounds confused, seemed like Julia was aware of the sniper and was talking about dealing with him first then talk later, and then the next page has Gwen saving her, while Julia wasn't aware of the sniper, made me confused for a bit...

That "The answer is yes" Astral Plane MJ reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/UBpmoBLvIko?t=240

Also the more this story advances, the more it looks like Sin Eater is the real protagonist of the LR issues, he's the only narrator, Morlum only came back to power him up, and the other Spider-People are being used as his motivation, and looking at it like that, then the plot with MJ and Norman being in the LR issues is weird, since it's not really connected with Sin Eater, but with Kindred, and should've been in the ASM issues...

Oh well, mediocre issue, other Spider-People are just plot devices for Sin Eater, Morlum got jobbed so Sin Eater can stand a chance against Spider-People, Strange did all the heavy lifting then was just left behind just because they had to get rid of him, and the astral plane MJ cliffhanger was just, this. Meh...
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-25-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I lhad to read your post twice and make sure I didn’t write it without knowing or something lol.

Literally the same exact way I feel. I was excited and now I’m just tired and exhausted. The constant teasing towards OMD is starting to feel like some sick joke that just constantly tugging at the heart strings. The story has essentially come to a stand still with little to no progression issue after issue ...
    I suppose there are more people that feel like us :P

But yeah, the story is not moving at all. We have how many? 2 more standard and LR issues to go? I can't see there being a satisfying conclusion. Hope I'm wrong.

And yeah, I agree with Lukmendes (see, I've got Your nick right this time . Or maybe it's the Mandela effect or something). It feels like Sin Eater is even more important than Petey and Harry. Wonder if he stays alive at the end of the story.

I wonder if the original intent pre-Covid was to set up other books with the other Spider-Heroes but that got side-tracked...although the actual writing and their overall superfluous role in the story doesn't seem to support that.

As it is they feel corporately/editorially thrown in there and it shows.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

This still could be a LOT worse, guys. It might not be what we originally expecting and maybe we want to be seeing something else, but it’s not like this is a bad story.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    This still could be a LOT worse, guys. It might not be what we originally expecting and maybe we want to be seeing something else, but it’s not like this is a bad story.
    Still, it could have been better. At least it's not Slott levels of crazy town banana pants.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    That’s the thing though....

It could have been much better. So much potential wasted issue after issue. I’m not really sure what Spencer’s intent with this story is at this point. Seems like it still doesn’t have a clear direction with a lot of parts that just aren’t necessary.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    While I got most of the demons being related to OMD/Back in Black (Kingpin, Aunt May, and of course MJ), who was that 4-armed guy supposed to be? The sniper who actually shot Aunt May?
    That was my thought while reading the issue. The 4 arm dude was the sniper from BiB. I'm separated from those issues (at my parent's house) but going to look tomorrow to see if there's a clue in how he's dressed. Can anyone pull up the BiB issue where Peter finds him at Grand Central station?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    That’s the thing though....

It could have been much better. So much potential wasted issue after issue. I’m not really sure what Spencer’s intent with this story is at this point. Seems like it still doesn’t have a clear direction with a lot of parts that just aren’t necessary.
    There’s definitely a direction. I admit that these issues have been abit badly paced. I think it was in an attempt to create a more tense and scary atmosphere involving Kindred.

We’ll know more when we hit 55. I think all of us were expecting a lot more from this, but it does pretty much seem to be the first meeting between Kindred and Spider-Man.

I’m still enjoying the title and can’t wait for the next one. I’m just happy to sit back and watch it all unfold.

Amazing Member

Has to be Martino, Aunt May's Sniper. You have the scene of Julia Carpenter being targeted by a literal demonic sniper scope. lol

There are really cool elements to this story. I just don't get the intent and the execution. Regarding intent, if you're going to address OMD and potentially have Peter remember the deal, why would you half ass it like Spencer and co are doing right now? It makes me think that this story isn't going to resolve OMD. Instead, it's setting up the bigger story down the line. The story Marvel bills as the true sequel to OMD and OMIT.

Regarding execution, you've all pointed out this story is all over the place. I agree with RD155. Why is the order in this issue? I love Morlun but what is he doing here? Sin Eater "has his powers"??? Huh? So he's cleansed? WTF? What was the doiuble Harry reveal about? What does Spencer have? 2 issues left? 3? I hope he can tie this altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So just a shot in the dark here, but I get the feeling that this side story might be Spencers way of getting rid of/writing out Julia Carpenter as Madame Web. Her conversation with Gwen kind of highlighted that all of her prophesizing kind of amounts to squat when she can't actually anticipate how characters are actually going to act.
    I like Julia, but I got that vibe as well. I was more concerned she might be killed off by Sin Eater which would suck.