Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have no problem with Sin Eater, I can see where he is needed because of the Cleansing of Norman Osborn. Morlun and the Order Of The Web is not only not necessary, but reminds me of The Other and Silk to name two stories I absolutely detested. If Spencer would have focused on Peter, Harry, Norman, Sin Eater and MJ it would have not only have been a more concise story but a better one as well.
    Agreed on all the above.

If there is a proper story, addressing OMD in the future (and last remains is just planting seeds for it), it's going to be a long and painful waiting period for many of us...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    LOL, that's impossible at this point. I knew it was about OMD since issue #51 and every issue since then has had another layer of confirmation. I have absolutely no doubt anymore.

What I think you are missing is Spencer is not trying to hide what it's about. He is taking an opportunity to show the reader OMD's impact on Peter before we are told. Now is the time to really soak in the details like we saw on this issue. After issue 55 it won't have the same impact so it's good we get all the hints and cool references now while we can.
    Nah it’s a total trick they are playing us lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    ItÂ’s a trick. At this point itÂ’s so obvious they are gonna talk about omd that they clearly will not. He is dragging it out because when that subversion hits and this story turns out to be one long con by mystero or something that these issues lose all narrative value and so he has to milk it as long as he can before the turn. Cause once they show you this was never about omd you will never read this arc again
    What would a trick be? It would be Jackpot on steroids: One big middle finger to the readers. Throw in the references to The Other and Silk, and it would be like two years of taking bad tasting medicine and curing nothing. By the way, I can think of one other time where Marvel decided to spend a long time tricking the audience and it was the Clone Saga and that turned out rather badly both financially and as a storyline. I said it before and I will say it again: If OMD is not erased now, you can expect to wait until Amazing 1000 ( at best) to see it erased and I will certainly finished following or even commenting on Spider-Man long before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Ok another issue where really not much at all happens. I’m trying hard to enjoy the ride because of how excited I was for this storyline but damn....hard to enjoy a ride when the damn car is barely moving.

Morlun vs Sin eater was cool but there’s little to no story progression happening. I said it before in another thread but this last remains story would work so much better without the Order of the Web, Sin eater and Morlun.

Anyways, decent read but all this constant “alluding” to something with little to no answers has run its course big time.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I hate to be here every Wednesday being cynical but this is how I feel about this whole kindred and Last Remains story. At this point i do not care about Harry Osborn and i do not care for kindred. I just want to know what the hell he wants. That is literally all i want. No more dragging it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    u can literally skip this issue my only question is did sin eater absorb morluns powers or not

Ha, reading through this thread I have a feeling a lot of people would have been much happier if they skipped the .LR issues and just read 50-55. I mean, Last Remains was stated to be able to be read with just the core issues, and .LR are side stories on tertiary characters only, like MJ/Norman, the order of the Web, and Sin-Eater. You get in the .LR exactly what was promised.

I never picked up a .LR issue expecting any progression with Kindred or Spider-Man, that's not what it is there for. So commenting on a Wednesday after a .LR issue release that your tired of Kindred being dragged out is a bit disingenuous, nothing in the .LR books are dragging it out because they are not meant to progress that story. You could just skip it and pick up a bi-monthly released book. This arc is done in 3 months which most books only have 3 issues for. So in the time span of a normal book of 3 issues, you have 6, with 5 supplemnetal books you were told you could skip and you know they don't deal with Peter or Kindred.

I'm not sure what people were expecting from an .LR release...LOL.

Incredible Member

Ha, reading through this thread I have a feeling a lot of people would have been much happier if they skipped the .LR issues and just read 50-55. I mean, Last Remains was stated to be able to be read with just the core issues, and .LR are side stories on tertiary characters only, like MJ/Norman, the order of the Web, and Sin-Eater. You get in the .LR exactly what was promised.

I never picked up a .LR issue expecting any progression with Kindred or Spider-Man, that's not what it is there for. So commenting on a Wednesday after a .LR issue release that your tired of Kindred being dragged out is a bit disingenuous, nothing in the .LR books are dragging it out because they are not meant to progress that story. You could just skip it and pick up a bi-monthly released book. This arc is done in 3 months which most books only have 3 issues for. So in the time span of a normal book of 3 issues, you have 6, with 5 supplemnetal books you were told you could skip and you know they don't deal with Peter or Kindred.

I'm not sure what people were expecting from an .LR release...LOL.
    Okay but how are we supposed to know that? It’s been so long since Hunter happened but if I recall corrected, the .HU issues actually furthered the story and seemed important. Right now these LR issues are pointless. And honestly it’s all a waste of 4 dollars every week for a story that moves slowly. That’s a factor people don’t seem to understand; if these issues cost 1.99 or even 2.50 I wouldn’t complain. But these issues are 3.99 a pop and it’s practically a weekly event. On Spider-Man comics alone I’ve spent around 20 dollars a month since sins rising. That might seem like peanuts to many but when I can say “man I have to use the bathroom, let me take today’s issue to read while I do my business” and I finish the comic before even a tingle of an attempt at a bowl movement... there’s a problem.

Okay but how are we supposed to know that?
    Um, because it was literally explained at the end of issue 50 and further explained at the end of 50.LR so you knew what they were about?

It’s been so long since Hunter happened but if I recall corrected, the .HU issues actually furthered the story and seemed important. Right now these LR issues are pointless. And honestly it’s all a waste of 4 dollars every week for a story that moves slowly. That’s a factor people don’t seem to understand; if these issues cost 1.99 or even 2.50 I wouldn’t complain. But these issues are 3.99 a pop and it’s practically a weekly event. On Spider-Man comics alone I’ve spent around 20 dollars a month since sins rising. That might seem like peanuts to many but when I can say “man I have to use the bathroom, let me take today’s issue to read while I do my business” and I finish the comic before even a tingle of an attempt at a bowl movement... there’s a problem.
    The .HU issues didn't further the story at all, they were complete side plots and skippable. The .LR issues are named such because they are also supplemental / background plots. You can read the story without them and many would be more happy if they did, clearly. No one is holding a gun to your head to get the tie-ins, they are completely optional and just for those who want and/or are enjoying them, someone like me for example. Maybe it's because I knew what they were for so all my expectations have been met going into them. I think maybe people really didn't know what they were about.

I think you could have saved some money and been much happier with this story if you skipped the .LRs.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-26-2020 at 05:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Um, because it was literally explained at the end of issue 50 and further explained at the end of 50.LR so you knew what they were about?

The .HU issues didn't further the story at all, they were complete side plots and skippable. The .LR issues are named such because they are also supplemental / background plots. You can read the story without them and many would be more happy if they did, clearly. No one is holding a gun to your head to get the tie-ins, they are completely optional and just for those who want and/or are enjoying them, someone like me for example. Maybe it's because I knew what they were for so all my expectations have been met going into them. I think maybe people really didn't know what they were about.

I think you could have saved some money and been much happier with this story if you skipped the .LRs.
    Got it. Thank you.

Got it. Thank you.
    You're welcome!

I have no problem with Sin Eater, I can see where he is needed because of the Cleansing of Norman Osborn. Morlun and the Order Of The Web is not only not necessary, but reminds me of The Other and Silk to name two stories I absolutely detested. If Spencer would have focused on Peter, Harry, Norman, Sin Eater and MJ it would have not only have been a more concise story but a better one as well.
    Again, part of the reason .LR issues are referred to as "bonus issues", if you want your more concise story, it's there, just skip the .LRs.

Astonishing Member

You're welcome!

Again, part of the reason .LR issues are referred to as "bonus issues", if you want your more concise story, it's there, just skip the .LRs.
    Spencer even said the LR issues are important.

Spencer even said the LR issues are important.
    Well, they were his idea and honestly, if I were a writer, and I had all these behind the scenes plots in my head and knew the whole story, I would also think it would be important too... because that would be my vision of all that the story entailed. However, not everyone will feel the writer's full vision of the story / full scope is all interesting to them. So I think they made a good choice to put it as bonus content into tie-ins and not the main book, as it would have been too bogged down with all this side plots to feel like a good/focused story.

I really do like the option of going back and reading just the core issues if I want to get to the point and focus on just Peter and Kindred, or if I'm in the mood I may go to the .LRs to get something that feels bigger in scale.

I may be one of the few people who like the .HU / .LR system for this reason. As someone who has enjoyed the .LR issues, I appreciate the full vision and I'm glad Spencer decided to put it out there. For me, it would have been a shame to never see some of the MJ/Norman conversation, and the Astral Plane stuff, both extra details I really liked. Other people may not care and that's fine too.

Mighty Member

One big difference between the HU and LR issues are, the HU off-shoots where all one-shots which told their own story. One issue would be about the Gibbon while the next would feature The Lizard. They serve to expand on the action.
    The LR issues however tell their own story. It's a parallel story detailing events that occur in the main book. But rather than expand the action, they tell a different story which is kind of like the right hand to Last Remain's left hand.
    There's balance there.

Otherwise, I need to read the last few issues, I should be getting them tomorrow so I can finally give my thoughts on what's been happening.

One thing I preferred about the HU issues was the more in-depth character work and focus with Spider-Man in the background. Meanwhile we have the LR issues with the relevant MJ and Norman stuff and the Order of the Web who are basically window dressing who could've probably been scaled down or replaced by characters more relevant to Peter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One thing I preferred about the HU issues was the more in-depth character work and focus with Spider-Man in the background. Meanwhile we have the LR issues with the relevant MJ and Norman stuff and the Order of the Web who are basically window dressing who could've probably been scaled down or replaced by characters more relevant to Peter.
    Yeah the ".HU" stories definitely are better than the ".LR".

The ".HU" are a great case of something being extraneous and standalone but also essential to getting the full emotional impact of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah the ".HU" stories definitely are better than the ".LR".

The ".HU" are a great case of something being extraneous and standalone but also essential to getting the full emotional impact of the story.
    I actually only really thought the Gibbon one was worthwhile for the Hunted storyline. The Vulture one was really pointless/boring in my opinion. We could have had that issue explained in a few panels. The Black Cat one was meh. I actually like LR more than HU overall so far, though I think the Gibbon was the best single issue overall.