Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Calling the first Black mutant family the “Trump children”? Really?
    It's not all that inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    The writing of Saturnyne really left a bad taste on the mouth. Makes no sense, but it is on pair on how Hickman write women
    On one hand, I can understand it. The stories of rulers and wealthy people with EVERYTHING they need and so many wants to fulfilled... but still the pine for more. But man, as wily, cunning and entertaining as she was written it sucks that her motivation is Brian. We needed more. Does she want to start a family with him? Is it part of a scheme we've yet to see?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    On one hand, I can understand it. The stories of rulers and wealthy people with EVERYTHING they need and so many wants to fulfilled... but still the pine for more. But man, as wily, cunning and entertaining as she was written it sucks that her motivation is Brian. We needed more. Does she want to start a family with him? Is it part of a scheme we've yet to see?
    Well usually men get over that, like Doom isn't pining forever for Sue. It's been decades that she is pining. Well the only reason is love, so she probably want to have a family.
    On th einfinite multiverse she can't find a Brian that likes her?

I just realized.

Bei and Cypher are Tarzan and Jane reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    I practically had no prior experience with the character so I was pretty confused, but I thought it was just me. Based off this event alone it seemed like she was just thirsty and decided that was a good excuse to play with everybody's lives.

The writing of Saturnyne really left a bad taste on the mouth. Makes no sense, but it is on pair on how Hickman write women
    Toni Howard co-created this entire event with Hickman, and Saturnyne is more "her" character than his. Plus, the ending is more empathic to her than anything else

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Toni Howard co-created this entire event with Hickman, and Saturnyne is more "her" character than his. Plus, the ending is more empathic to her than anything else
    it fits very well Hickman way of writing women, having a woman co-writing it doesn't make it better

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It let basically whole thing be solved on last issue
    Kind of like every event ever written.

Some of you are really oversimplifying Saturnyne's goals if you think Brian was her only motivation. It was spelled out pretty plainly in the last few pages her goals were to avoid a demonic invasion of the multiverse, bring some of the rowdier Otherworld kingdoms under control, and reform the Captain Britain Corps as the multiversal protectors, all of which she was successful at. She had hoped to reform the Corps with Brian, and has canonically always cared for him, but that was hardly her only, or primary, motivation.

One small technicality too, if Isca was on team Arrako and then switched sides so she didn't lose doesn't that mean technically she should be on Krakoa side now or because technically oddworld won (which i didn't even know they were in the competition) Isca works for Saturyne now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

it fits very well Hickman way of writing women, having a woman co-writing it doesn't make it better
    Tini has been writing Saturnyne consistently through her title and this event.
    Last edited by nandes; 11-25-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    There are black people that voted for Trump.
    And plenty of wealthy black families where the members are toxic, arrogant, and care little for others. Most African dictators have families not too different from Trump’s and Apocalypse’s family is pretty much that in a superhero setting.

Cyclops said the greatest truth that will never change.

It is true that governments must act to protect the whole, always observing the logic and the best for their people and nation. Since the lives of a few cannot compare to an entire nation and the future of mutants, this is what rulers exist for.

But as Cyclops said if the Council are the rulers of the mutant nation then the X-men are its heroes. The X-men are and will always be the heroes who will fight for what is right and for the mutants no matter who is commanding Krakoa. If the government takes the wrong path, the X-men will be there to save the day or die trying as they always have .

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Cyclops said the greatest truth that will never change.

It is true that governments must act to protect the whole, always observing the logic and the best for their people and nation. Since the lives of a few cannot compare to an entire nation and the future of mutants, this is what rulers exist for.

But as Cyclops said if the Council are the rulers of the mutant nation then the X-men are its heroes. The X-men are and will always be the heroes who will fight for what is right and for the mutants no matter who is commanding Krakoa. If the government takes the wrong path, the X-men will be there to save the day or die trying as they always have .
    Bingo! And it was no slight the way Xavier worded it in the Data pages in fact it was an honor because only the elite among mutants would risk their lives to help those who fear and hate them just as easily as those they love when they could be chilling in paradise. It's an honor to be considered an X-men among mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

The last issues did a lot for the event, the competition between the two teams, the tournament, was a slump, but in the end it was a very good event
    the tournament may have been a bad idea, comics cant write battles like manga

I freaking loved the ending. A lot of it was predicted here on the boards but the execution was amazing! Apocalypse was such a boss in the last few issues and I'm super bummed he and his family are on the shelf for now but I understand why. Professor X was clearly proud of Cyke for doing the right thing even if he couldn't condone it due to politics. The horde battle was LOTR levels of visual bad assery. Finale gets a 10/10.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.