Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Where is Genesis going? If Arrakko has joined Krakoa shouldn't she stick around?

Also, who is officially "dead"?

Anyone else off the council besides Jean?

Her spell made it Betsy? Which Betsy? Is 616 Betsy back? Or is a just a non-616 Betsy?

Thank you!
    Did you read it?

We don't know where Apoc and his family are going and we don't definitively know if Krakoa and Arroko are rejoined yet. It'll probably be picked up in X-Men by Hickman. (Maybe Amenth going by the other posts)

No just Jean because she chose to go help Scott. The other 3 are still on the council because Scott and Jean told them to stay. The consequences of Scotts actions is also an upcoming story beat going by the solits.

616 Betsy is missing. And going by solits for the next 3 months. We will find out what happened to her there.

Shaw is around because the writer is going to deal with him in Maraurders. You know because the solits told us that.
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-25-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Mighty Member

The Peak was used as I thought. To unleash those aliens which was cool as it got ready for the upcoming SWORD book. Still disappointed we didn’t actually get Betsy back. Hopefully, that won’t drag out too long. Saturnyne got beat by her own spell. I’m guessing Bei’s sword “Seducer” was why Doug and Warlock fell in love with her. I wonder who will now sit on the Quiet Council instead of Jean and Apocalypse. Hopefully two from Arakko.

This means the Locus Vile characters from Hellions will be on Krakoa now. Sinister’s secret won’t stay secret for too long

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I think Genesis, Apocalypse and the remaining horsemen are going to Amenth. They still have to keep them in check.
    Thank you! So I guess that's a future Marvel event Ala King in Black when Amenth officially returns? Amenth=Knull basically. And this event was like the SpiderMen/Carnage event that set up Knull.

And no CGAR, I didn't read today's issues nor have I read the future Marauders solicits.Only future solicit I remember is Cyclops facing consequences for his actions in the finale. Yet, it was Jean who is facing consequences.

And Emma and Kitty keeping quiet for revenge and allowing Shaw to influence Krakoa is such a big way makes them look bad, or makes the writers look bad. It makes Kitty look like a hypocrite and Emma look messy.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 11-25-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    YESSSS. Thanks for putting them all together.

No. Apocalypse is going with Genesis.

Cyclops is still a captain. Jean is no longer on the QC.

She wanted Brian back as the leader of the Britain Corps. But her spell made it Betsy.

Question: Who was Isca holding?
    I think it was Pyro. Just because of the tanks on the back. Maybe? That’s the only person I thought of when you asked. I tried to figure it out at 4am and my brain was too tired. Haha

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    YESSSS. Thanks for putting them all together.

No. Apocalypse is going with Genesis.

Cyclops is still a captain. Jean is no longer on the QC.

She wanted Brian back as the leader of the Britain Corps. But her spell made it Betsy.

Question: Who was Isca holding?
    She also wanted to sleep with him too. Not just have him as leader of the CBC.

Extraordinary Member

Ah true, but why'd he still keep his job if Jean lost hers? Seems she was the only one facing consequences. Do we know who is replacing Jean?

Also, why is Shaw around? He got away with murdering Kitty? You'd think her or Emma would do something?
    Shaw's point was that the council, as the government, should not be going off to war as individuals and risk getting themselves killed and causing political chaos. Scott on the other hand is someone who is expected to go off to war. Plus, as this is a time of war he doesn't actually need the council's permission to go himself. He has the authority in this situation which is why the council doesn't stop him.

Thank you! So I guess that's a future Marvel event Ala King in Black when Amenth officially returns? Amenth=Knull basically. And this event was like the SpiderMen/Carnage event that set up Knull.
    Amenth is the name of the dimension Annihilation ruled. We don't know how it currently is now the helmet has been changed by Saturnyne and the demon armies were defeated, but I guess it's a little more amicable?

BANNED

Loved this event. I don't even think it dragged long at all, what happened was everyone's expectations (10 issues of fighting to represent each duel) got turned on their heads. Will read so good in collected form. Think I'm gonna go back through each issue actually. I genuinely feel each issue was important. That's not to say each of them were exciting.

I loved all of the different Betsys. Especially The Violet Swan, dinosaur, dragon, and frog! So fun.

Excited to see what happens with Betsy now that she has been cemented as Captain Britain Prime.

BANNED

Cyclops basically saying "I know the Council made a decision. But given that it was a stupid ass decision, I decided to ignore it" was pretty freaking good. In the end it wasn't much of an elaborate plan, it was just pure bravery and willingness to fight.

All three issues were a delight. Excalibur is just a bit beneath X-Men and Destruction, but it was an extremely solid ending. 10/10. Might elaborate on it later.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

This event really didn't need to be 22 chapter's. The art was gorgeous for these last 3 issues though, I'll give them that.

On Twitter they said Isca was holding Explodey Boy.

Also Jean did face consequences immediately because the vote happened there and then and she lost her position.

They didn't know what Scott had planned so his consequences will come later.

Also like what happened for Betsy but now kind of bummed it wasnt LED BY 616 Betsy.

Man if only the whole event was on the level of these last issues, fantastic.

I think this event has actually raised some really good concerns or at least some thoughts about Krako’s leadership. Xavier is its founder and father figure, Magneto might be their folklore like figure if you believe exodus, but Cyclops is a leader.

Against the will and express orders of their entire government he just lead a literal large army of mutants who all had to understand that if they die they will die permanently this time, but they followed with no hesitation. If I was the quite council right now I’d be a bit afraid of Scott Summers and the authority he holds.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Amenth is the name of the dimension Annihilation ruled. We don't know how it currently is now the helmet has been changed by Saturnyne and the demon armies were defeated, but I guess it's a little more amicable?
    This reminded me of the recent SpiderMan/Carnage event, where Spidey stops Carnage from summoning Knull to Earth, and he only succeeds at stalling, and it even showed a dark future of what would happen if Knull came to Earth.

They showed us Amenth's forces destroying Earth cause it will basically eventually happen, IMO.

So, I'm guessing since Amenth is a dimension, than it will be Apocalypse who returns as the big bad from Amenth? I'd love that actually, I like him as a "hero" recently but only because I want them to make him dark and convince us. Seems they might be on that path.

So we lose two council seats: Jean and Apocalypse. And now Cyclops will be at odds with the council moving forward.

So is the gate now closed between the worlds? Will Apocalypse stay in Amenth? (And please be out if Excalubur for a long while)

Tell me more about the X-Men being ... Disbanded? Dissolved? Removed? So they aren't on the Quiet Counsel anymore? Who is leaving? Storm, Nightcrawler, Kate, and Jean? What about Emma?