Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I can't wait to see what mythology is created and emphasized for Storm since the X-office went well out of the way to dump on Wakanda. I'm not even a super fan of the Storm/BP pair, but that seemed a bit petty and spiteful, more than anything else.

So whatever is planned for Ro coming out of this should be obviously better.

She is due for something fantastic. Let's hope Hickman is interested in her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I can't wait to see what mythology is created and emphasized for Storm since the X-office went well out of the way to dump on Wakanda. I'm not even a super fan of the Storm/BP pair, but that seemed a bit petty and spiteful, more than anything else.

my only hope that they will continue with anything from Coates book is that today Hickman still referred to Ororo as a goddess. I hope he is interested in her too time will tell beloved!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

In Destruction (Jean's "To me, My X-Men!" line), who was the mutant next to Quire? The pink one with a sword? I don't think I've seen her before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my only hope that they will continue with anything from Coates book is that today Hickman still referred to Ororo as a goddess. I hope he is interested in her too time will tell beloved!
    Storm had a story in this event?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    In Destruction (Jean's "To me, My X-Men!" line), who was the mutant next to Quire? The pink one with a sword? I don't think I've seen her before.
    Gwenpool the human broke the 4th wall and always appears where it’s narratively important

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Gwenpool the human broke the 4th wall and always appears where it’s narratively important
    She ain't human, in her miniseries we found out she's a mutant (she walked through a Krakoan gate)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

We've been hearing about big plans for Storm for a year now. Its never happened. Best guess is she's going to be the mother hen of SWORD or Children of the Atom, if that ever exists. And given that we just got dozens of OCs with the personality of sandpaper dropped on the island every character is going to have to fight for screentime even harder. Seriously, this is the second time they've suddenly acquired an army.

I don't see how the portion with Jean isn't horrendous writing. Two characters who played no part in the event outside of being tiny bit in the Cable issue decide on their own to upend the entire thing in the last couple issues. They have no connection narratively, thematically, or anything. Just a short foreshadow bit at the absolute tail end of last week. Its almost a deus ex machina. Same with all the Quiet Council shakeups. That wasn't even a suggestion until this week and now its the biggest takeaway from the whole event.

I guess the entire thing lives and dies based on how you feel about the Apocalypse stuff. Most here seem to find it refreshing and a great way to add depth to him. I find it dull as paste, and a whole mythology that is nonsensical. Attempting to rehabilitate a monster like him with 'oh, he loves his family and its all for them!' is kind of disgusting, and reeks of the kind of moral myopia that's plagues the X-men for years. And given that none of it has played a part in any of Moira's lives, it doesn't feel important. Nothing really does until Moira gets dealt with.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I guess the entire thing lives and dies based on how you feel about the Apocalypse stuff. Most here seem to find it refreshing and a great way to add depth to him. I find it dull as paste, and a whole mythology that is nonsensical. Attempting to rehabilitate a monster like him with 'oh, he loves his family and its all for them!' is kind of disgusting, and reeks of the kind of moral myopia that's plagues the X-men for years. And given that none of it has played a part in any of Moira's lives, it doesn't feel important. Nothing really does until Moira gets dealt with.
    As someone who didn't care a whit about Apocalypse before, I think it does add a great deal of depth to someone who has always been a flat character coasting along on a cool name and design. I also think it's a bit premature to say this will rehabilitate him. He's still a monster, just not a one-note one anymore.

Also, the Apocalypse stuff played a part in Moira's 9th life. They freed the original Horsemen and she became his new wife. The depiction of her 9th Life in HoX/PoX was our first cameo appearance for Apocalypse's children

BANNED

We've been hearing about big plans for Storm for a year now. Its never happened. Best guess is she's going to be the mother hen of SWORD or Children of the Atom, if that ever exists. And given that we just got dozens of OCs with the personality of sandpaper dropped on the island every character is going to have to fight for screentime even harder. Seriously, this is the second time they've suddenly acquired an army.

I don't see how the portion with Jean isn't horrendous writing. Two characters who played no part in the event outside of being tiny bit in the Cable issue decide on their own to upend the entire thing in the last couple issues. They have no connection narratively, thematically, or anything. Just a short foreshadow bit at the absolute tail end of last week. Its almost a deus ex machina. Same with all the Quiet Council shakeups. That wasn't even a suggestion until this week and now its the biggest takeaway from the whole event.

The basic Apocalypse premise is about the only thing I care for out of this story, really. Not saying the execution was perfect, but "culling the weak to build a strong nation to save my family" is more interesting than "hahahahaha f*%k weaklings grind them to dust just cuz".

Besides Apocalypse, and the work of the artists, it's all pretty bad. Idk what they were on when putting this story together.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

have i told you how much I like you?? facts baby nothing but facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Storm had a story in this event?

good question. I'm going with no, for my final answer.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

This was just so good!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What was the extra dimensional being that they freed in the FCBD ISSUE? Did we ever learn that
    I think that was Annihilation. When she reformed the grouchy mask into the grumpy staff it was a similar scene.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Her and Cyke showed up with a mutant and alien army that turned the tide of the battle. She helped save the day. Sure she didn't do it solo but she inarguably played a role in ending the conflict. If you don't see that I got nothing for you.
    This one right here.

I just had a thought. Since Arako is coming she is going to want her friend Redroot back who is stuck in the Crocket market of Jim Jaspers. I'm sure she is going to tell Krakoa to tell the mutants to get her back. I'd hate to be the person who is going to have to negotiate a deal with a Omega level mutant like Jim Jaspers.
    Monet is waving at you.

I'm happy for Krakoa and Arakko. Maybe there will be a wedding!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    I think that was Annihilation. When she reformed the grouchy mask into the grumpy staff it was a similar scene.
    This is what I was thinking, but does this match up with the timeline?

Because Krakoa and Arrako was split thousands of years ago and Genesis was left behind with the helm of Amenth back then.

I wish it was a little clearer what the point was of the FCBD and the repetition with different dialogue in X of Swords Creation I feel like everyone forgot about that