Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So you missed him committing genocide in X-Force and going on a xenophobic witch hunt afterwards...
    Where in my explanation did I mention Beast's tendency to be amoral or immoral as a problem? I don't care that he's not a goody two-shoes. That's the point. If there's going to be an X-Men team that puts their righteousness and values above the wellbeing of their nation, that means the QC needs become the foil to that hero team. Storm, Kurt and Kitty will act as the hearts of the QC, but in general the QC needs to be self-serving in regards to their nation and species. Like Cyke said himself, running a nation and being the bastion of their species is bigger than what he wants. He's got the privilege to act like this because he's not in charge of policy making for their nation.

Of course, everyone has their own agendas as well, which allows for more potential storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    With the exception of not getting her man it is as i always felt in regards to this event, Opal was the ultimate winner of it all.

What the X-men really gained from this? The Council is shattered, relations with Wakanda will not exactly be positive i feel, they got SWORD base but really i see that is just another set of problems in the long run, they lost who knows how many mutants in this, Betsy is missing, really i can't say they won in the long run.

Honestly i felt this event didn't really live up to the hype.

P.S we didn't get the Captain Britain Corp back, we got the Braddock Corp which just feels like a rip off of the Thor Corp from SW.
    They got an import of a million extra ancient mutants and the other half of Arrako which i'm sure Doug will be able to communicate with. Hardly walking away with nothing.

Speaking of which given what Hickman has potrayed of covens and stuff i think when a group of mutants get together in a community they naturally live a very very long time as suppose to a mutant living on their own.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I really do recommend going through the multiverse listing to see from where each new captain britain hails from.

For example, captain baboon comes from the same universe as the marvel apes comics from the mid 2000's, a book I read when i was younger.
    Or even the violet swan is from the same universe as spider-ham and there are a lot of references to older excalibur books, one even to sat-yr-9

Mighty Member

my gripes with the middle aside, i do very much like the conclusion and the build up for this event.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Where in my explanation did I mention Beast's tendency to be amoral or immoral as a problem? I don't care that he's not a goody two-shoes. That's the point. If there's going to be an X-Men team that puts their righteousness and values above the wellbeing of their nation, that means the QC needs become the foil to that hero team. Storm, Kurt and Kitty will act as the hearts of the QC, but in general the QC needs to be self-serving in regards to their nation and species. Like Cyke said himself, running a nation and being the bastion of their species is bigger than what he wants. He's got the privilege to act like this because he's not in charge of policy making for their nation.

Of course, everyone has their own agendas as well, which allows for more potential storytelling.
    I agree completely. The idea of the X-Men having to work outside or against the Council is the most interesting thing in this event, and since DoX, since it's inception. It allows the X-Men to be outsiders without being "the persecuted"

1) As has his family, yet only Apocalypse is allowed to get stronger?
    Well there are multiple answers to this but I think one of the following is most likely. Apocalypse just surpassed them due to his celestial tech and having an inherently higher potential. The other reason is that the time the Arraki spent surrounded by their walls and not actually striving to get better was wasted time that could've made them stronger. The family switched gears when Genesis became one with Annihilation and that seems to have effectively made them weaker as they didn't actually fight they just used endless waves of demons. Even White Sword called them out for this in Stasis.

2) Okay, now prior to Destruction, what has Jean done?
    In X of Swords she raided the S.W.O.R.D. station and helped form the end game plan. She was never teased to be a major player in the event but she still managed to save the day. Pretty good for a non participant imho n

3) Fair enough. I hope they do they do something that gets them very involved in the relevant ongoing plots.
    Agreed I want to see a lot more of these OC's

4) Gorgon is strong. I'm talking story significance tho, something he never had in Dawn of X.
    I don't really have much of an answer for this one. There are only so many pages and there were a ton of characters involved. Gorgon had some good moments with Magik and also X-Men #4 but even prior to HiX-Men he wasn't used much. He shows up occasionally wrecks shop and is then gone for awhile. That's how he's always been used.

5) Apocalypse being gone is interesting in that it sets up his eventual return to villainy, which will eventually force the X-Men to work for humanity and the QC and Krakoa will hit a crossroads. Arrako will only become interesting if their high ranking members, like Isca and White Sword take places on the QC and as a captain respectfully. They need to be properly represented and ACTUALLY DEVELOPED

Anything with Tini is irrelevant, imo, tho yeah...I guess a new CB Corps is kinda important. I guess.
    I don't necessarily agree that Arrako can only be interesting if they become part of the QC. I think there are other avenues that would be unique and entertaining. Personally I would love to see Isca and White Sword be on the council or maybe they form a competing council to balance the QC. It's not a necessity for me though. I've enjoyed Tini on Excalibur for the most part. I will say too much tends to happen off panel in that book but overall I have liked it.

Finally I know this seems like Apocalypse is going to return as a villain but I would find it infinitely better if he returned with his family as saviors for the mutants when we finally get to the main plot of Mutants vs Machines.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I wonder who is going to be leading the Arakki mutants that was very interesting cause oh boy millions of mutants sign me up that means they outnumber the mutants on Krakoa which are only 200,000

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    In X of Swords she raided the S.W.O.R.D. station and helped form the end game plan. She was never teased to be a major player in the event but she still managed to save the day. Pretty good for a non participant imho n
    Who saved the day was Apocalypse. Jean had no consequences to the end of it

I just had a thought. Since Arako is coming she is going to want her friend Redroot back who is stuck in the Crocket market of Jim Jaspers. I'm sure she is going to tell Krakoa to tell the mutants to get her back. I'd hate to be the person who is going to have to negotiate a deal with a Omega level mutant like Jim Jaspers.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Who saved the day was Apocalypse. Jean had no consequences to the end of it
    Her and Cyke showed up with a mutant and alien army that turned the tide of the battle. She helped save the day. Sure she didn't do it solo but she inarguably played a role in ending the conflict. If you don't see that I got nothing for you.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Anyone else notice that it was confirmed that Isca is an Omega-level mutant? Now we know that her means and ability to win are limitless. It's like Darwin, but for keeps and Omega.

I think she has to be on the QC now.

Also, the same page confirmed that White Sword went back to Amenth with Pogg. Shame.

BANNED

Anyone else notice that it was confirmed that Isca is an Omega-level mutant? Now we know that her means and ability to win are limitless. It's like Darwin, but for keeps and Omega.

Her power seems trick, like her side just lost ona tournament and she changed colors.

I prefer QC with mutants already on krakoa and not OCs barey developed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Her and Cyke showed up with a mutant and alien army that turned the tide of the battle. She helped save the day. Sure she didn't do it solo but she inarguably played a role in ending the conflict. If you don't see that I got nothing for you.
    Apocalypse puting the helmet that made the Mutants win the battle. What jean made was help Saturnyne get access to other world throught that Sword Peak portal. And gie some extra times to the mutants fighting there, so no one died. But if Apocalypse lost the last battle, they would all die there

Honestly, I wish we could get an East of West style of book, focusing on all the aftermath in Otherworld by Hickman or Remender. Black Science, East of West and Decorum have shown how well they can handle the weird, and epic, without losing control and track of their characters.

Something Tini can't do and she will continue to squander her opportunities.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Also, the same page confirmed that White Sword went back to Amenth with Pogg. Shame.
    Doesn't this kind of make her a precog? I wonder if Moira is going to have problems with her "turning" maybe she can use Isca as a divining rod basing her actions on if she is going to betray Krakoa or not