Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm glad this finished strong! Like others have mentioned the event didn't need to be so long, but there were enough gems in the first half that I'm not really mad about it.

I kinda wish that we had gotten a tease of Moira and what she thinks of all these changes. It would have been a nice way to show that this was the end of the first phase of DoX.
    Strong? that would not be the word I would use. people predicted almost everythng and some crappy writing

Haven't read any of it yet but looks lackluster, especially being the next event after HoX. I am enjoying the Event followed by Dawn/Reign of X to keep continuity a bit tighter.

Why did Jean leave the QC?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Predicting something will happen doesn't negate the emotion of the moment if it's delivered correctly, and Destruction got the emotion right from the first to the last page (Pepe Larraz being one of the best artists working atm def helps)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Predicting something will happen doesn't negate the emotion of the moment if it's delivered correctly, and Destruction got the emotion right from the first to the last page (Pepe Larraz being one of the best artists working atm def helps)
    What emotion? Apocalypse being mary sued?

Extraordinary Member

X-Men #15 was amazing, glad Hickman finally put some humanity back into the mutants.

And Destruction? Absolutely the ending this event needed. It probably helps I did not read Marauders, X-Factor, X-Force, Wolverine, New Mutants or Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    What emotion? Apocalypse being mary sued?
    What definition of "Mary Sue" are you using here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    What definition of "Mary Sue" are you using here?
    Just refuse the helm and he defeated Annihilation, but his wife that is stronger couldn't

All in all, a satisfactory ending. It's crazy the lengths Saturnyne went to get Brian as her lover. Just... wow. There's also interesting developments going forward. The X-Men being something distinct from an official body of the nation of Krakoa could lead them to taking actions that make the Council's job harder. Arrako being reunited with Krakoa with MILLIONS of mutant-demon prisoners, and the two vacant seats are going to lead to fun times. The MAJOR one is that the helmet was reformed but still kept its corrupting nature, and Apocalypse is reunited with his family in Amenth. Please remember that he mentioned he's doing all this to "save his people." Now he's going to a world whose only population is mutants and demons, but still knows his people are on Earth.

What better way to "save" his people left on Earth than taking it over? In his eyes killing or enslaving the humans would keep mutants safe, and it would also sate the annihilation of that demon object (it looks like a spear now).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

A better ending than the rest of the event. Loved the Cyclops and Jean moments. Especially talking the other members of the QC out of it. I’m excited for “Reign”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    All in all, a satisfactory ending. It's crazy the lengths Saturnyne went to get Brian as her lover. Just... wow. There's also interesting developments going forward. The X-Men being something distinct from an official body of the nation of Krakoa could lead them to taking actions that make the Council's job harder. Arrako being reunited with Krakoa with MILLIONS of mutant-demon prisoners, and the two vacant seats are going to lead to fun times. The MAJOR one is that the helmet was reformed but still kept its corrupting nature, and Apocalypse is reunited with his family in Amenth. Please remember that he mentioned he's doing all this to "save his people." Now he's going to a world whose only population is mutants and demons, but still knows his people are on Earth.

What better way to "save" his people left on Earth than taking it over? In his eyes killing or enslaving the humans would keep mutants safe, and it would also sate the annihilation of that demon object (it looks like a spear now).
    The writing of Saturnyne really left a bad taste on the mouth. Makes no sense, but it is on pair on how Hickman write women

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Personally, I don't think Hickman is trying to redeem him, but give him actual motivation to eventually make him an even more formidable villain (Ala old school Magneto). I think Apocalypse will eventually return tainted from his time in Amenth with Genesis and his Trump children. His return to villainy will be more natural an even a bit tragic making him more deadly and unpredictable.
    Calling the first Black mutant family the “Trump children”? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There are black people that voted for Trump.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    being "black" doesn't make them good people, we saw they are bad news

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Strong? that would not be the word I would use. people predicted almost everythng and some crappy writing
    Based on how the middle of this event went, the ending could have been a LOT worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Based on how the middle of this event went, the ending could have been a LOT worse.
    Now you are talking haha

But it was what I expected, more action and some closure that the event was avoiding while doing random things