Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

There's millions of Captains now, they only listed a few.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Yeah, X-Men #15 and Destruction were great reads, on their own, but don't help fix the rest of the inconsistencies. The swords and tournament shouldn't have been the focus, but rather the development and interaction with these characters. I'd love to have seen a flashback to the OG Horsemen as children, and hear how they truly feel about their fates. War had a husband, so we know she's got wants that are separate from that of Annihilation. Death is clearly a curious and thoughtful soul. Show us why we should care about the Arrakii side, beyond Apocalypse caring so we should.

Cypher not understanding Bei, despite understanding everything prior, should be a bigger deal. Why Bei would put her life on the line for a stranger needs to be explored. Could it be emotional longing to be understood that makes Doug fascinating, because he can't understand her? Give us something.

Gorgon vs White Sword should've had a similar feel to this:

They should've pressed into us the magnitude of a man, who's fought everyday of his life for several millenia, yet has never been defeated. In fact, besides Genesis, Apocalypse, maybe Storm and maybe Wolverine, WS could likely easily wear the Helm of Annihilation. This should've had that Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, Berserk or Shigurui feel!
    Nice video and ideas re Gorgon vs White Sword
    I kind of wish their battle was Round 1....and it goes on so long (we only see snippets in every chapter) that the other rounds fly by. Until finally...we have an issue where Gorgon meets his end.

Ill keep mentioning it because I’m so...gutted that he went out like that.

Fantastic Member

Overall I enjoyed the event,

and its been quite a while since ive enjoyed an X-Men crossover. (Necrosha probably)

I loved that we took a C list X-Men Character in Saturyne and really elevated her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
    Overall I enjoyed the event,

and its been quite a while since ive enjoyed an X-Men crossover. (Necrosha probably)

I loved that we took a C list X-Men Character in Saturyne and really elevated her.

???

Saturnyne isn't a X-men character.

I'm thinking of something ...

What kind of flowers will Arakko produce? We know it can make portals like Krakoa but it raises an interesting question.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Was that Captain Britain always alt versions of 616 CB or was it like Spider-verse where there's random people with the same powers of the 616 guy?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Was that Captain Britain always alt versions of 616 CB or was it like Spider-verse where there's random people with the same powers of the 616 guy?
    A vast majority of CBs were versions of Brian Braddock, just as most Spider-men in the multiverse were versions of Peter Parker. Not all but the most common. There is a data page that comments on it, that each reality always tries Brian as the first option and if he was not available then another option was sought.

The change I suppose is that now Betsy is the first option.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    A vast majority of CBs were versions of Brian Braddock, just as most Spider-men in the multiverse were versions of Peter Parker. Not all but the most common. There is a data page that comments on it, that each reality always tries Brian as the first option and if he was not available then another option was sought.

The change I suppose is that now Betsy is the first option.
    I was ok with it and the more I thought about it, it doesn’t make sense. I know the CBC was wiped out before Secret Wars, but why would Franklin not recreate the other Brians? In that panel where Saturnyne was hoping for Brain to be the CB in the mosaic instead Betsy, she called for the Corp and they were already CB. So if they were already Captains then why didn’t she just call them earlier? If they weren’t, then there was no choice between the amulet or sword and they were just forced to take the role because they were alt Betsy’s.

I thought it was good and finally Tini had a great issue, but the more I think about it, it’s lame and not a good choice on how the Corp was rebuilt. Another miss to do something amazing. While the reveal of the spell that Betsy is supposed to be the CB is fine, Betsy herself did absolutely nothing during this event and let’s face it, it’s an Excalibur based event and Shogo did more in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I was ok with it and the more I thought about it, it doesn’t make sense. I know the CBC was wiped out before Secret Wars, but why would Franklin not recreate the other Brians? In that panel where Saturnyne was hoping for Brain to be the CB in the mosaic instead Betsy, she called for the Corp and they were already CB. So if they were already Captains then why didn’t she just call them earlier? If they weren’t, then there was no choice between the amulet or sword and they were just forced to take the role because they were alt Betsy’s.

I thought it was good and finally Tini had a great issue, but the more I think about it, it’s lame and not a good choice on how the Corp was rebuilt. Another miss to do something amazing. While the reveal of the spell that Betsy is supposed to be the CB is fine, Betsy herself did absolutely nothing during this event and let’s face it, it’s an Excalibur based event and Shogo did more in this event.

The only time i could say that Betsy did anything at all was when they stole the sword from Opal, of course that got CB Jubilee killed by Crazy Jamie and the other CB's (Gambit and Rogue) imprisoned in some dark hole where we will most likely never see or hear from them again.

And i think that is one of the things that displease me the most about this event, the consequences just didn't feel like they measured up to the actions that led to them.

All the effort into getting the damn swords and they really just set pieces that hardly see any use despite the lore built around them.

Sinister basically played everyone for chumps and got the Arakko DNA ( which to me seems pointless now because they now have Arakko and some of its inhabitants on Krakoa) got half the team killed in Otherworld so they are dead for all intents and purposes and the other half he personally murdered and since there is no recent back up he gets a pass!

Then there is Apocalypse and Krakoa, well he gets his f'ed family regardless of how gung ho they were to kill him before and Krakoa gets its other half back even though it came at the cost of how many mutants?

I am sorry, but this all just feels like it was pointless, i know some like this event or feel the ending saves it which is OK because everyone has their own unique tastes and shouldn't be begrudge for them, but i personally just can't give it a pass.

Does it make me want to drop X-men? No, because i am committed to see where Hickman takes this to the very end, however i just hope the next X-event isn't like this or doesn't have this many pitfalls (and praying to god it isn't AvX 3, 1 & 2 were bad enough).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    ???

Saturnyne isn't a X-men character.
    I believe Saturnye first appeared in the original Excalibur series by Alan Davis. She is not an X-Man but she is part of the X-world.

Finally read the last issues. It was exactly like I thought. Creation, Stasis, Destruction, and all the X-Men and X Force issues are super enjoyable!!! The rest not so much! It is not a matter of subverting expectations but bad writing!!

Very weak or mediocre issues by the authors of Marauders, Excalibur, and Cable between really great ones.

My takeaway from this: don't read what Marvel tries to force onto you with a crossover if you know already that the comicbook series are quite horrible...or let's put it into more polite terms: not exactly your taste.....Unfortunately, I thought it would be different with Hickman overseeing the quality of the crossover. No, it was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

My interpretation is that Saturnyne's love spell created all those new Captain Britain retroactively. Like, once the spell is finished, they begin to exist but it is as if they had existed before.

Why didn't Franklin recreate the Captain Britain? Who knows. The Starlight Citadel is omniversal and Franklin's powers are limited to multiversal. Maybe he couldn't.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I believe Saturnye first appeared in the original Excalibur series by Alan Davis. She is not an X-Man but she is part of the X-world.
    She pre-dates Excalibur, she’s a Captain Britain character from Marvel UK. Alan Davis/Alan Moore, early 80’s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    She pre-dates Excalibur, she’s a Captain Britain character from Marvel UK. Alan Davis/Alan Moore, early 80’s.
    Well, Courtney Ross is the Earth-616 alternate reality counterpart of both Opal Luna Saturnyne (Earth-9) and Opul Lun Sat-Yr-Nin (Earth-794) (other counterparts are Sa'tneen, Anjulie and Satyr-Nun and the Queen Mother). Apparently, all appearances of Courtney Ross after Excalibur #5 are in fact appearances of her murderer, Opul Lun Sat-Yr-Nin.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-30-2020 at 05:00 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm surprised there's no connection to General and Betty Ross.
    "Cable was right!"