Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Some beast that Saturnyne needed to make the ritual that allowed her to see the future in the cards, I think
    Hmm.. I thought the way she transformed the helm of annihilation the same way that maybe they were related

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Why could Apocalypse control the Helm of Annihilation? How was he able to fight Genesis....at all, let alone beat her twice? It's sad how even good comic book artists can't communicate the nuances of a fight. Not everyone can be Samnee or Shavley or Harren or Opeña.

Also....it seems like one could skip this event, not not really miss much of significance. Unless someone considers anything in Hellion or Excalibur as significant.

I bust out laughing when Doug started talking to Apocalypse about marriage and telling other people that they don't understand Bei like he does.

What mediocre waste of time. Can things please built up and properly paid off? You know, like an actual story?
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 11-25-2020 at 03:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Why could Apocalypse control the Helm of Annihilation?

Also....it seems like one could skip this event, not not really miss much of significance. Unless someone considers anything in Hellion or Excalibur as significant.
    For me the most important is that Arrako and Krakoa are one now.

To be fair reading the last pages of the last issues are more informatie than reading it all. All developments are on last pages

The Quiet Council wants to phase out the use of the term 'X-Men' because it engenders divisions in the Krakoan society? Sounds like it's time for Scott, Jean, Logan, and Ororo to have... a schism!
    #bringbackuncanny
    xmnomore.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Why could Apocalypse control the Helm of Annihilation? How was he able to fight Genesis....at all, let alone beat her twice? ?
    Because he's stronger than she is.

You mean, apart from Apocalypse reuniting with his family after thousands of years and leaving Krakoa, it reuniting with Arakko, an island with one million mutant prisoners who are now on Earth, Jean leaving the council, the X-men effectively claiming independence from the Council and Krakoa itself, Gorgon dying, Solem running around Earth doing God knows what, the Captain Britain Corps reforming, Betsy going missing, possibly returning very differently, and that's just from the top of my head ? Yeah, apart from that, nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So if Jean quit X-Force and is off the Counsel, is she headed to a new purpose or new book?

And who should take her seat? I would personally vote Rogue, but agree the Krakoan's should decide. And who is left that would adequately fill Apocalypse's seat?
    They should add Isca to Apocalypse's seat, and Beast to Jean's seat. If only to add more moral complexity to the QC decisions. Also, replace Gorgon with White Sword.

Honestly, we need a book about the QC so we can get more of the politics and foreign policy/relations side of this who Krakoa thing. Especially now that it just got 2x bigger.

Also can he X-Men function on the island? In X-Men #15, Cyclops straight up worked against the wishes of Krakoa (the island itself and the QC). Will this be something that causes actual friction, with ramifications? Like, if Isca is put on the QC, and she says something must be done for victory, and the QC agrees, what happens if the X-Men disapprove and disagree?

Spectacular Member

Excellent finish to the crossover. Was afraid that the ending would either be rushed or finish flat but this was perfect. The first chapter of Krakoa is closed and a second one is open. Can't wait to see the direction the books go now that they are free of moving toward the crossover.

Favorite moment was the conversation between Cyclops and Magik where he has her open a portal and bring down the "true" tenth sword. Shows their mutual respect and comradery.

Wonder when and how Arakko will traverse the Otherworld and join with Krakoa on Earth. That will be quiet the site when a whole island and a million new mutants arrive on Earth.

For the vacant seats of the council I think they should leave some for the Arakko representatives or plan to expanded their seatings. Would Arakko and Krakoa share one voice in the council meeting or each would they each get their own. After all wihout Redroot Doug will need to translate for both.

Really looking forward to getting to meet the Arakkoa mutants that have recently been freed. Can't wait to see how they integrate with out Earthen mutants and the world around them. Think it is only fair that a few of them get to be on the council.

Would love to see Bei as a captain. I think her battle experience could be of great use to the X-men. Communication wouldn't be a problem as her mutant power allows her to be understood by everyone except for Cypher and that won't be an issue much longer either. as once she walks through the gate to Earth the Krakoan language would be automatically downloaded into her brain.

Hopefully Apocalypse and his family won't just be left on the wayside until some later crisis. Maybe a future comic series or a mini series about their survival in Amenth.

Now I just need to wait for all the books to start up with their new storylines and see where we are taken next

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Because he's stronger than she is.

You mean, apart from Apocalypse reuniting with his family after thousands of years and leaving Krakoa, it reuniting with Arakko, an island with one million mutant prisoners who are now on Earth, Jean leaving the council, the X-men effectively claiming independence from the Council and Krakoa itself, Gorgon dying, Solem running around Earth doing God knows what, the Captain Britain Corps reforming, Betsy going missing, possibly returning very differently, and that's just from the top of my head ? Yeah, apart from that, nothing changed.
    Even though he was weaker before, and everything prior to their fights, including himself, indicated that he paled in comparison? But then he just won, because the plot dictated that he had to.

We've spent very little time on Arrako and barely know anything about the Arrakii mutants. Nobody really cares, yet.

One million mutant prisoners? You mean more wallpaper fodder characters?

Jean, like Nightcrawler, barely did anything while on the council, and has barely mattered at all. Her breaking off the council, again, means little.

The X-Men claiming independence is interesting only if they eventually begin acting in ways that legitimately makes life difficult for Krakoa, and vice versa. We'll see if Hickman is willing to do that, like how he did with Avengers and the Illuminati.

Solem running around is important to who? What's significant about him? Same with Gorgon dying? Until literally just Cable #6, what did he do to solidify himself as a character readers should remember existed, let alone care about?

Betsy has been poorly written for over a year...most people don't care, and only want her back if she's written by someone else.

So yeah, nothing of any significance to most readers has changed.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 11-25-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Moira gonna be like "Hold up, all i want to know is if any of those prisoners of Arrako is... a Precog?!"
    I wonder if she'll want Isca...."sent away".

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Predicting something will happen doesn't negate the emotion of the moment if it's delivered correctly, and Destruction got the emotion right from the first to the last page (Pepe Larraz being one of the best artists working atm def helps)
    He can't draw action, tho. So I felt no rush, while reading.

Also, what emotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I just realized.

Bei and Cypher are Tarzan and Jane reversed.
    Definitely. Only without the chemistry and character development.

Really enjoyed the ending of this. Agree with others that it was bloated at 22 chapters and many of those unnecessary filler, but overall it was an enjoyable ride that stuck the landing IMO and now sets up the next chapter.

Spectacular Member

They definitely would have mutants with such power. After all it was high prophet Idyll who first warned the Arakkoa's that the towers were going to fall thousands of years ago. Not much of a stretch to believe that either Idyll is still alive or that some descendant of his would have received his same power.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Bingo! And it was no slight the way Xavier worded it in the Data pages in fact it was an honor because only the elite among mutants would risk their lives to help those who fear and hate them just as easily as those they love when they could be chilling in paradise. It's an honor to be considered an X-men among mutants.
    What happens if they put Krakoa in trouble with other nations, tho? What if it could've been avoided if they followed the QC?

I would assume that Cyke, and Magik, should also be removed from their positions, if they've made it clear that that the QC, and Krakoa itself, holds no power over them.

Even though he was weaker before, and everything prior to their fights, including himself, indicated that he paled in comparison? But then he just won, because the plot dictated that he had to.

We've spent very little time on Arrako and barely know anything about the Arrakii mutants. Nobody really cares.

One million mutant prisoners? You mean more wallpaper fodder characters?

Jean, like Nightcrawler, barely did anything while on the council, and has barely mattered at all. Her breaking off the council, again, means little.

The X-Men claiming independence is interesting only if they eventually begin acting in ways that legitimately makes life difficult for Krakoa, and vice versa. We'll see if Hickman is willing to do that, like how he did with Avengers and the Illuminati.

Solem running around is important to who? What's significant about him? Same with Gorgon dying? Until literally just Cable #6, what did he do to solidify himself as a character readers should remember existed, let alone care about?

Betsy has been poorly written for over a year...most people don't care, and only want her back if she's written by someone else.

So yeah, nothing of any significance to the reader has changed.
    Apocalypse has spent his entire life becoming stronger so he would be fit when he returned to his wife. He wasn't in a neutral state for all this time he was actively trying to be the strongest and most fit being on earth. Him preparing all these years paid off clearly.

Jean led a huge team of mutants into battle and basically saved the day so I'd say that matters a bit.

Solem is going to appear in Wolverine so a little patience is all that is needed on him, as for the other Arraki I hope we see more but they could've used more development especially how long the event was. Still I really love the designs and what we've seen so far.

Gorgon has been an insanely strong character every time we've seen him, no reason to expect less from him or not care.

I don't really agree with your over simplification of the result of the event declaring nothing of significance has changed, Apocalypse is gone, Arrako with all its insane people is merging with Krakoa on earth, there is potential division between the QC and Captain Commander as well as the QC being down a few major players and there is a new Captain Britain Corps All of that seems fairly significant to me.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.