Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Anyone else notice that it was confirmed that Isca is an Omega-level mutant? Now we know that her means and ability to win are limitless. It's like Darwin, but for keeps and Omega.

I think she has to be on the QC now.
    And before she can take that position Callisto appears and challenges her to a game of snakes and ladders together with Leech, because she had always beaten him at it back during the Morlock days, but Leech also wants Artie to play along, so Isca humors them, plays the game and loses because Leech blocked her powers, only Callisto loses too because Artie wins, who now becomes part of the Quite Council, while Isca declares Leech her "eternal rival" and constantly challenges him to games in order to become unbeaten again.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-25-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Her power seems trick, like her side just lost ona tournament and she changed colors.

I prefer QC with mutants already on krakoa and not OCs barey developed
    That's why they put her on the QC to represent Arrako, but also give her a chance to be developed.

Like I said already, the X-Men will not follow the whims of their nation. Thus they need a foil, to prove to them that their righteousness and good nature aren't always the "right" thing to do. Isca being on the QC, and dedicating herself to the future of mutantkind, means that we'd have a character that cannot be questioned, if she deems the X-Men's heroics to be on the path to failure.

There's so much there. Now imagine that she finds out what Moira X is doing, and determines that she's going to lose as well.

Isca being an Omega-level mutant, whose power is literally absolute victory, creates so many stories and character opportunities.

Incredible Member

Did Ilyanna actually open a portal from Earth into Otherworld ?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    so with Apoc and Jean leaving the quiet council this week and next week shaw seemingly getting killed by Emma and Kate in the next issue of Marauders Mags and X are going to have to hold a large audition to see who fills these seats.
    They should have a tournament involving swords and jigsaw puzzles.

BANNED

Just wow what a trainwreck. 22 issues and the biggest plot point is apocalypse being written out of the story for probably a year. Just cmon! Somebody called the all Betsy core back a dozen issues ago and I argued that would be crazy cause saturnine would hate that. So turns out we were both correct lol but Jesus Christ! 22 issues to do what? Set up a 3 issue arc in Excalibur and to say there are now millions of mutants (who we will never see) living on a part of the island that we will never go to. I hope Knull eats the whole damn island I am so done

The writing of Saturnyne really left a bad taste on the mouth. Makes no sense, but it is on pair on how Hickman write women
    It's hard to say if it was Hickman or Howard, but that rings true. Between Genesis, Opal, War, and Pestilence, there really was some toxic femininity on display. Notable.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Larraz and Gracia are the best. Destruction is visually the most beautiful comics I have ever read.
    Truly gorgeous. Very cinematic. Could be the basis of Feige's LotR if he wants and epic fantasy arc for the MCU mutants way down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    this is very true, sometimes we the readers gets so fixated on the current story line that we kind of lose sight of the bigger picture, the truth is that when it comes to krakoa Xavier, Moira and Magneto hold all the cards, it's their endgame and theirs only.
    They really need to hone in on this. I don't know how long Hickman intends to drag this out, but these three have some 'splaining to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Wonderful finish to an overly drawn out event that started out epic then got derailed by farce. Skipping the actual tournament actually makes this read so much better..... Humour was the wrong way to go with the middle section of this event. Imagine how wonderful this would have been as a high octane LotR saga? I'm bummed we got Wolverine modelling in a dress instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Really enjoyed the ending of this. Agree with others that it was bloated at 22 chapters and many of those unnecessary filler, but overall it was an enjoyable ride that stuck the landing IMO and now sets up the next chapter.
    The fact that the tournament stage was so off is a glaring stain on an otherwise great event. If you just look at Creation, Stasis, and Destruction, it is truly epic. With a bit better pacing, and a few slight adjustments, it would compare favorably among the best x-overs.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the skybreaker was one of the silly aspects of this story that was solely written to make conflict where there was none and decouple her from wakanda. everything about was inconsequential to her part and could have been replaced with any other durable weapon and we would have gotten the same effect.
    I know you love T'Challa but that Marauders issue was my favorite of the side issues. Moving her story forward[away from Wakanda] and ultimately giving her a great personal adversary in Death are great developments for her overall. Considering our girl was drunk and basically soloing a demon army for like, the whole day, I did like that page of her incinerating demons with Skybreaker, even if it wasn't that central to the plot. Girl was getting tired and it was an excellent conductor.

This is by far the best Apocalypse story in print, though(still love TAS Poccy...)! I'm glad he finally showed his strength, not only with his sword, but his heart and mind as well. In one move he reunited his family and Okkara(and quintupled Earth's mutant population). Masterful. I want a book all about him getting to know them all again as they take control of Amenth and go save Death from the vampires!

Definitely not perfect, but a fantastic story, Hickman and company!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

That's why they put her on the QC to represent Arrako, but also give her a chance to be developed.

Like I said already, the X-Men will not follow the whims of their nation. Thus they need a foil, to prove to them that their righteousness and good nature aren't always the "right" thing to do. Isca being on the QC, and dedicating herself to the future of mutantkind, means that we'd have a character that cannot be questioned, if she deems the X-Men's heroics to be on the path to failure.

There's so much there. Now imagine that she finds out what Moira X is doing, and determines that she's going to lose as well.

Isca being an Omega-level mutant, whose power is literally absolute victory, creates so many stories and character

opportunities.
    Maybe Isca doesn't care about future of mutant kind, she didn't even knew these people

And arrako aso had their own council, so they might just continue being governated separated from Krakoa while

I don't really care much, so maybe a conflict between Isca and the x-men woud be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Just wow what a trainwreck. 22 issues and the biggest plot point is apocalypse being written out of the story for probably a year. Just cmon! Somebody called the all Betsy core back a dozen issues ago and I argued that would be crazy cause saturnine would hate that. So turns out we were both correct lol but Jesus Christ! 22 issues to do what? Set up a 3 issue arc in Excalibur and to say there are now millions of mutants (who we will never see) living on a part of the island that we will never go to. I hope Knull eats the whole damn island I am so done
    Knull eating the island would be cool

22 + 2 issues of prelude. It's impressive how everyone predicte the hell out of this event
    Last edited by baxer; 11-25-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yo I just thought of something with Grandpa Pocs heading off with Wifey, who's running the Crucible now? Who has the balls to take Poc's place?
    New Mutants # 15 mentions the word 'crucible' in the solicit, but I doubt they mean that:

Solicit Synopsis
    ONCE MORE INTO THE CRUCIBLE!

As KARMA and DANI delve deeper into their nightmares, a spider sets his eyes on the most vulnerable of the NEW MUTANTS...Meanwhile, in the Wild Hunt, children play at being adults and prepare for the fight of their lives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    New Mutants # 15 mentions the word 'crucible' in the solicit, but I doubt they mean that:

Solicit Synopsis
    ONCE MORE INTO THE CRUCIBLE!

As KARMA and DANI delve deeper into their nightmares, a spider sets his eyes on the most vulnerable of the NEW MUTANTS...Meanwhile, in the Wild Hunt, children play at being adults and prepare for the fight of their lives.
    It’s just them fighting that stupid bear total pass

BANNED

Maybe Isca doesn't care about future of mutant kind, she didn't even knew these people

And arrako aso had their own council, so they might just continue being governated separated from Krakoa while

I don't really care much, so maybe a conflict between Isca and the x-men woud be cool

Knull eating the island would be cool

22 + 2 issues of prelude. It's impressive how everyone predicte the hell out of this event
    The poor trees that died for this!

I rarely follow events and this is one of the first times I've actually went ahead and gotten every issue of it. I do not regret it, and while the event was way too long and a bit bloated, that ending was spectacular and made it all worth it. That splash of "To me, my X-MEN" is probably going on my year end list.

Saturnyne needs to not appear for a while. Very unlikable even if she's intentionally so. I wanted her to lose something, so Im glad she was denied the one thing she desired.

Theres a whole lot they can do for the fallout of this event, so Im interested to see where it all goes after this. Apoc did some great stuff this arc even if he was a bit of a simp. But am I behind on something or is he even still considered a human mutant or is he just a straight up God now?

I wish we actually got to see Jubilee fight more. Does any artist know how to show her fight?

This whole thing wouldve been better with Nightcrawler but I'm biased.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I rarely follow events and this is one of the first times I've actually went ahead and gotten every issue of it. I do not regret it, and while the event was way too long and a bit bloated, that ending was spectacular and made it all worth it. That splash of "To me, my X-MEN" is probably going on my year end list.

Saturnyne needs to not appear for a while. Very unlikable even if she's intentionally so. I wanted her to lose something, so Im glad she was denied the one thing she desired.

Theres a whole lot they can do for the fallout of this event, so Im interested to see where it all goes after this. Apoc did some great stuff this arc even if he was a bit of a simp. But am I behind on something or is he even still considered a human mutant or is he just a straight up God now?

I wish we actually got to see Jubilee fight more. Does any artist know how to show her fight?

This whole thing wouldve been better with Nightcrawler but I'm biased.
    I don’t feel anything from that splash page because they say they will be consequences but there won’t be it’s a lie. Magneto and Xavier were happy he went and he was still just doing his job of being a soldier in the army of god so I don’t think this was a big moment or a character change it was pure navel gazing like this entire run has been

They should add Isca to Apocalypse's seat, and Beast to Jean's seat. If only to add more moral complexity to the QC decisions. Also, replace Gorgon with White Sword.

Honestly, we need a book about the QC so we can get more of the politics and foreign policy/relations side of this who Krakoa thing. Especially now that it just got 2x bigger.

Also can he X-Men function on the island? In X-Men #15, Cyclops straight up worked against the wishes of Krakoa (the island itself and the QC). Will this be something that causes actual friction, with ramifications? Like, if Isca is put on the QC, and she says something must be done for victory, and the QC agrees, what happens if the X-Men disapprove and disagree?
    Can't White Sword bring Gorgon back, since he was the one who killed him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Can't White Sword bring Gorgon back, since he was the one who killed him?
    He probably did off panel already

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

I know you love T'Challa but that Marauders issue was my favorite of the side issues. Moving her story forward[away from Wakanda] and ultimately giving her a great personal adversary in Death are great developments for her overall. Considering our girl was drunk and basically soloing a demon army for like, the whole day, I did like that page of her incinerating demons with Skybreaker, even if it wasn't that central to the plot. Girl was getting tired and it was an excellent conductor.

This is by far the best Apocalypse story in print, though(still love TAS Poccy...)! I'm glad he finally showed his strength, not only with his sword, but his heart and mind as well. In one move he reunited his family and Okkara(and quintupled Earth's mutant population). Masterful. I want a book all about him getting to know them all again as they take control of Amenth and go save Death from the vampires!

Definitely not perfect, but a fantastic story, Hickman and company!
    How does removing her ties and connections beyond the xmen move her forward? It seems actually pretty regressive for the character. Logan doesn't need to have his many connections to aspects of the MU severed to move him forward. In fact these are the very things that make him a strong solo character. Nevertheless if you found being shady, impatient, short-sighted untrustworthy and deceitful a great way to move the character forward be my guest but the story was absolute abominable for those reasons.

I would definitely like a book about Apocalypse and his journey with his family! sign me up!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!