Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

All those wasted issues of gathering Swords is just pitiful kinda happy this is over ready to get back to the main plots.

Extraordinary Member

In times of war the captains have supreme authority, so Scott had every right under their laws to do what he did and even his consulting the council was just a courtesy. That's why they only voted on destroying the gate and what should happen to council members who join Scott and not on his plan, because the council doesn't have the power to override him under those circumstances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    In times of war the captains have supreme authority, so Scott had every right under their laws to do what he did and even his consulting the council was just a courtesy. That's why they only voted on destroying the gate and what should happen to council members who join Scott and not on his plan, because the council doesn't have the power to override him under those circumstances.
    captain commander only have full authority if the council can't meet

so with Apoc and Jean leaving the quiet council this week and next week shaw seemingly getting killed by Emma and Kate in the next issue of Marauders Mags and X are going to have to hold a large audition to see who fills these seats.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

That was pretty fun, but they could have made those sword fights cooler, oh well

The two final issues were really well drawn and written but I still feel a little "meh"with this event due to the "super funny" middle issues.... they lost me there.

I give it overall a 6,5 out of 10.

Do we have the December solicitations? I want to know what comes next. I mainly am going back to X-Men, to follow the overall arch, Hellions because it's the best and Excalibur just to see what happens to Betsy (but may drop soon because of Tini).
    A picture would last longer darling...

So am i reading this right or wrong. All other blade locations have implications of the mutant who holds them outright named them.

So is Isca an Omega Mutant and her powers are way more than we suspect or did the blade once belong to some other omega mutant. I'm thinking Isca.

mercy.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    so with Apoc and Jean leaving the quiet council this week and next week shaw seemingly getting killed by Emma and Kate in the next issue of Marauders Mags and X are going to have to hold a large audition to see who fills these seats.
    If Shaw is killed, he just need to be ressurrected. I don't think get rid of him will be too easy

Mighty Member

So is Jean going to be the mystery telepath for SWORD? I mean it would make sense for her since Cable is in the book and they do love on the moon. I feel like I liked the X of Swords single issues. Maybe because they felt more grand to me because of the art? I really wish Betsy had an actual part of the reforming of the CBC and in the final battle itself. This spell just cements her role as the chosen Captain Britain much to Saturnyne’s dismay. Interested in seeing some of the other captains, but not interested in seeing a swan or frog Captain (insert eye roll).

Wish the White Sword would have went to Arakko instead of Amenth. I want to see more.

Are the Apocalypse clan going to Amenth Proper or will they be heading to Dryador which is now part of Amenth? I’d be interested in seeing them in Otherworld and ruling their own kingdom.

Overall, the ending was better than the middle part. I think we spent too much time in the beginning to set up the swords for Krakoa and swords weren’t the actual point of the event. I think an 6-8 issue event with one or two tie-ins would have been fine.

Fantastic Member

That was a solid finish. I enjoyed reading each issue. This issue of X-men gets filed under badass-cyclops. I was so pumped they were putting together a team. Scott, Jean, nightcrawler! Kate! And then they shot it down. Oh well. Fight was predictable.

I know Saturnyne was busy with her side project, but the whole issue of Excalibur i was wondering why she was letting the attack go on, especially as her forces were fighting back. Good horde battle, I liked the idea of each side bringing in more and more troops. Jubilee and the elves! Captain Britain Corp! Army of x-men! Army of vescondi!

Some questions about how it was all cleaned up, but excited to see where it goes. Council shakeup is fun. Interesting that they are planning to go ahead with a Gorgon resurrection.

Odd that Cyclops led a team of every mutant pretty much except the council. Even with the stakes of death. Perhaps the council isn't as 'for the people' as they seem. Though Gambit and Rogue being there felt odd with no explanation. Last we saw they were abandoned at the citadel.

BANNED

Scott and Jean were awesome on X-men #15, but Hickman did save the coolest moment for Magik

I'm glad this finished strong! Like others have mentioned the event didn't need to be so long, but there were enough gems in the first half that I'm not really mad about it.

I kinda wish that we had gotten a tease of Moira and what she thinks of all these changes. It would have been a nice way to show that this was the end of the first phase of DoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm glad this finished strong! Like others have mentioned the event didn't need to be so long, but there were enough gems in the first half that I'm not really mad about it.

I kinda wish that we had gotten a tease of Moira and what she thinks of all these changes. It would have been a nice way to show that this was the end of the first phase of DoX.
    Moira gonna be like "Hold up, all i want to know is if any of those prisoners of Arrako is... a Precog?!"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's an interesting development, that.

Since HoX/PoX I've personally viewed (and read) this Krakoa era as Mutant-centric first and foremost, simply because from a nation building perspective they weren't "operating" as THE X-Men in the understood and established, global superheroes way.
    Being Mutant/Krakoan superseded being X-Men...up until this point.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

They probably should have given us some sort of Epilogue issue.