Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I hope if she does have a cartoon, it's not necessarily part of the DC Universe. I feel like relying too much on Greater Universe characters is a bit of a crutch.

Characters like Batman and Spider-Man were able to get to the level they're at because they were able to really establish their own settings.

Wonder Woman has more than enough material that she really shouldn't have to rely on any other Franchises.
    Yeah, I wouldn't need to see any greater DCU appearances until well into the series' run, aside from maybe a one-off team-up spotlighting a B or C-list female hero for Diana to bounce off of.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I hope if she does have a cartoon, it's not necessarily part of the DC Universe. I feel like relying too much on Greater Universe characters is a bit of a crutch.

Characters like Batman and Spider-Man were able to get to the level they're at because they were able to really establish their own settings.

Wonder Woman has more than enough material that she really shouldn't have to rely on any other Franchises.
    I think it’s unavoidable any DC animated project wouldn’t have other DC characters at least guest star in it. B:TAS and S:TAS both had that in the heyday of the DCAU, I’d just hope it wouldn’t be situation like whenever Batman guest starred in S:TAS it became really clear who the creator’s preferred.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They'd probably have guest stars, but honestly Wonder Woman has more than enough stuff in her mythos that she wouldn't need to spend screen time on guest stars. Neither did Batman or Superman, even though I guess lesser known fringe characters like Etrigan and Dr. Fate benefited from the exposure. Ideally though, I don't think Superman would have crossed over with anybody save Batman for World's Finest homages (preferably with less blatant favoritism) and the Legion of Superheroes who are actually strongly tied to him anyway. Even the Fourth World stuff, as good as it ended up being, kind of came the expense of his own mythos. WW's world is considered even less viable for stories than Superman's, I'd hate to see something similar ever happen to her on the off chance we get a show.

Along the same lines, Spectacular Spider-Man benefited immensely from no guest stars. His world had plenty to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's wrong with her depiction here?
    She was a little " Hulk smash"- y here.... butbit wasn't bad

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So close and yet still so far.
    This depiction is perfection to me. A fun mix of old and new. I'd prefer a more traditionsl looking Steve, i think. But generally this is what i would want.

Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor trolling the Monument grounds of Washington, in their Navy uniforms, waiting for a Kraken to climb out of the Smithsonian...just stop it, right there, and let me off! That would be SO boring, for an animated series! Ye gods, don't suffer us with an cartoon of the same dated, yawn-inducing drivel, we're choking through in the comics.

I imagine a new era of WW starting in the American Southwest, in some town full of sorcerers, aliens, time-travelers and quirky secret agents. I don't think DC Comics has any Southwestern-based superheroes, ..and I can't shake my curiosity about how that might play out. Take Texas cowgirl Etta Candy, the ONLY fun, organic thing in the WW comic to make it out of World War II, and build a new stage for telling Wonder Woman's stories, around what Golden Age Etta represents, ..because that's the pure spirit of the comic, and that's what a successful animated series should probably spring from.

For me, that means changing Steve and Diana's relationship into something more playful and spontaneous, with challenging revelations and game-changing surprises. It means replacing the monuments and urban landscape of Washington, with the mountains, rivers wild, open spaces of the natural world, from which WW could be organically launched into adventures in faraway places, ..full of gods, magic, weirdness and ancient mysteries! Again, Etta and the American Southwest should just be the launching pad for thinking of Wonder Woman in a context, closer to the wild, free spirit of Marston's creation, ..in the same fashion that the Batman and Superman animated series did, with their star heroes.

What would happen, if you put Wonder Woman and Etta Candy, a classical Amazon and a bumpkinish cowgirl, on horses, and send them around the world on adventures, in exotic places? What would you have? That could never work, right?

I think an animated series could be an opportunity to turn the comic around, but, only, if it's an innovation.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-03-2020 at 07:19 AM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Amazing Member

Of corse it’s time for make a full-fledged animated series about Wonder Woman. On HBO Max. Primary, with 3 seasons. It should be with a moderately serious, moderately fabulous, and with moderate pleasant humour. And such moderation should be in the image of Diana. Which should be the perfect mix between Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot. And it must harmoniously combine in her wisdom, war-likeness, charm and sincere joy for life. Diana, being a heroine, must necessarily be a responsible and serious girl, but in calm moments she likes to fool around cutely, and when she defeats this or that enemy, she can afford a joke. That should bring her closer to the audience, make her sincerely human. Diana initially has the character of an androgynous girl, like Alita from «Alita: Battle Angel», and Leeloo from «The Fifth Element». But gradually she must grow up morally, and discard the features of a child. And nevertheless, to preserve the soul of a child in themselves, which helps people to preserve more kindness in themselves. Basically, Diana’s personality should be closer to the current cinematic image, and even the actress Gal Gadot herself. I even have an idea to promote the series over time, after the first episodes, to launch the animated Diana's Instagram page into activity, where her entries will be similar to those of Gadot. Drawing should be in classic 2D, Diana herself should look 25-27 years old, in the prime of life. Therefore, her face should look like in "Year One". You can even pick up a model with a similar face that Diana was copied from her.
    The story (which happened in present time) should begin with an adaptation of Year One. Therefore, Diana will not have a secret of her personality. She is open to the public, which can also lead to a temporary career as a photo model, the money (probably, from Maxwell Lord) from which should self-fix in the world and develop. By the way, about development. In addition to moral development, Diana should have a heroic and power experience development. At first, she should be stripped of half of her abilities, to the level of Linda Carter’s WW. Therefore, her main opponents in the first season must be of the appropriate level. And therefore, in the first season, she often acts against opponents along with Steve, who periodically saves her at the very last moment, for example, from Cheetah. Talking about Steve. He can go into battle with Diana not only for duty, but also because - during the accident after which he got to Themiskiria, he lost his entire team, which consisted of a girl with whom Steve had a strong romance, and he was going propose to her to marry him. But, she also died, and only Steve survived. And so, during the time he spends with Diana, he becomes more and more attached to her, and while she is in this state in terms of abilities, he protects her so as not to lose her. Also, for the first time Diana lives with Steve in his house, and Etta Candy, who is his aunt, who is responsible for some of his humour. The tone of the first season should be light fairy-tale-fantasy, which, however, by the end, will begin to show the first steps towards a more adult tone that will develop in the next two seasons. But still, ending for season 1 should be positive
    Since this series should not only tell a fascinating story, but also sell toys, there should also be material for merchandise. For example, in the early stages, Diana needs to have a high-speed motorcycle to move quickly. Speaking of stages - Since there are 3 seasons, and every year completely new main figures of the main character are needed, there should be three stages, the opening of which will give Diana new abilities and change the costume. It should be her regular, similar to modern comic books and movies. The first stage for season 1 should be red and metallic (close to bronze), and the hair length should be short, like this. Second stage for season 2, which she could get in season 1 finale/beginning of season 2, should be crimson red and silver, hair size middle, and tiara should looking like here. In this stage, Diana level of powers should be on level from first solo movie. And final stage, which she could get in beginning of season 3, probably, after wearing a Golden Eagle Armour, should be shining red and gold (with red stars for bracelets and tiara), hair very long and tiara have this looking. There she have a levels of powers from modern comic books, including, flying. Naturally, there should be Diana figures in various alternative costumes (like Golden Eagle Armour) and various civilian clothes.
    The second season should have a similar tone, but the stakes are gradually raised and drama erupts. Diana reveals some secrets of her people and about herself, and also, gradually begins to think about the meaning of her work and fears because of her eternal youth to outlive those who are dear to her. And Steve feels more and more love for Diana, begins to feel like a betrayal in relation to her dead ex. In addition to this, the more Diana gets stronger and the enemies are more dangerous, he increasingly feels like a useless abuse. Also, it will be possible to arrange episodes with the participation of other DC heroes. For example, with Mera, and with Batman against Maxi Zeus. The season itself ends ambiguously. Diana in the final, although she managed to stop the threat, she almost lost Steve, and the enemies took advantage of her fear. After that, Diana and Steve, understanding each other and their torments, peacefully and without reproach break up.
    The final third season takes place a couple of years later. Diana hasn't aged a day, but her face has a more adult look. While Steve grew a beard (another toy idea). With the money she received for her image, she bought herself a spacious house on the Prairie, where she lives in solitude next to the horses, and from here continues to fight threats. This season I would introduce Artemis, with whom Diana gradually grows feelings that exceed her friendships. She had found such a wandering soul like her. Yes, there will be a portion of LGBT. But in the end, she should decide who she should be with. With Steve, or Artemis. It will even be possible to release two versions of the final episode, and after watching both versions, viewers will decide which version to be canon.
    There is my vision of worthy Wonder Woman Animated Series. How do you like it?

Incredible Member

For the animated series, I actually think I would like a mixture of Wonder Woman 1984 and Year One with just a sprinkling of Legend of Wonder Woman.

1. The show should definitely be set in present times.
    2. The main cast should be: Diana Prince (Wonder Woman), Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Barbara Minerva)
    3. Setting: Washington D.C. Like the film Diana and Barbara work in the same department of the Smithsonian. Etta works in Media Relations for the Smithsonian. And Steve is the liaison to Argus and local police authorities for the Smithsonian. (I know some people may get upset with that decision, but I think it's important for Steve to be able to interact with all the main characters naturally in a variety of emotional and physical settings, and working for the Smithsonian does that. It also allows him to still have an action focus and keep Argus in the mythos). Darnell or Sasha Bourdeaux can be his Argus contact.
    4. The season starts with Diana already having been in Man's World for a little time this way we can skip the origin. Diana also doesn't have a secret identity; however, she does her best to not publicize who she is - think 1984.
    5. The main villain for the first season is the Duke of Deception. An agent of Ares sent to man's world to cause chaos and help start World War III. He is a reality warper and he enlists Dr. Poison, Warmaster and Team Sear, Giganta, and Major Disaster (his episode can set up Vanessa and the Silver Swan.)to help him spread chaos. Maxwell Lord also helps as the CEO of a weapons manufacturing company. This can then set up season II where Ares is the big bad.

That's what I was thinking. With the new influx of Wonder Woman media, it becomes easier to imagine a Wonder Woman Animated Series being a success every day.

Amazing Member

Here's another idea: throughout all three seasons, a line with Diana's knowledge of being human. Since Diana is a demigoddess and raised to be a perfect warrior, she doesn't know what it means to be human. Which also distinguishes her from Superman, who is also not human, but grew up as a human being raised by earthly farmers. At first, Diana, being in the first stage of her abilities and having enough vulnerabilities in the first season, she learns with a strong enthusiasm the genial nature. She must be a naive, but violent and daring warrior. And gradually, living in our world and learning from mistakes, she develops this very humanity in herself. She increasingly likes to feel and be morally human. However, becoming more and more powerful, and facing increasingly strong threats that a person cannot cope with, and almost losing Steve at the end of the second season, she decides that love and humanity makes her weaker, and therefore she left Steve. And in the final third season, she seeks to find the answer to the question - Who should she be? A human girl who has the right to happiness, or a warlike goddess with no attachment to people? And the introduction of Artemis should kindle these reflections in her. But at the very end of the series, she finds an answer for herself - she is more than a warrior goddess, she has the right to happiness and humanity.

I think Year One laid the perfect footing for a Wonder Woman animated series to build off on. Rucka once again proved that Wonder Woman needs a supporting cast in her stories for her character to bounce off of and learn from. The movies proved this as well. My chose would be Steven, Etta, Barbara, Julia and Venessa.

I would like if Wonder Woman stayed with the Kapatelis like in Perez' run. It would make sense that Barbara would know Julia since they are archeologist who study Amazon culture. I like how Diana, who has always been the child on Themyscira, now gets the chance to adopt a more "big sister" roll with Venessa.

Also have Diana's personality start out like Year One or her first movie, naïve but NOT stupid.

Also actually flesh out her villains, even WW84 got that part right. Wonder Woman's actually got a good rouges gallery now and it's time to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor trolling the Monument grounds of Washington, in their Navy uniforms, waiting for a Kraken to climb out of the Smithsonian...just stop it, right there, and let me off! That would be SO boring, for an animated series! Ye gods, don't suffer us with an cartoon of the same dated, yawn-inducing drivel, we're choking through in the comics.

I imagine a new era of WW starting in the American Southwest, in some town full of sorcerers, aliens, time-travelers and quirky secret agents. I don't think DC Comics has any Southwestern-based superheroes, ..and I can't shake my curiosity about how that might play out. Take Texas cowgirl Etta Candy, the ONLY fun, organic thing in the WW comic to make it out of World War II, and build a new stage for telling Wonder Woman's stories, around what Golden Age Etta represents, ..because that's the pure spirit of the comic, and that's what a successful animated series should probably spring from.

For me, that means changing Steve and Diana's relationship into something more playful and spontaneous, with challenging revelations and game-changing surprises. It means replacing the monuments and urban landscape of Washington, with the mountains, rivers wild, open spaces of the natural world, from which WW could be organically launched into adventures in faraway places, ..full of gods, magic, weirdness and ancient mysteries! Again, Etta and the American Southwest should just be the launching pad for thinking of Wonder Woman in a context, closer to the wild, free spirit of Marston's creation, ..in the same fashion that the Batman and Superman animated series did, with their star heroes.

What would happen, if you put Wonder Woman and Etta Candy, a classical Amazon and a bumpkinish cowgirl, on horses, and send them around the world on adventures, in exotic places? What would you have? That could never work, right?

I think an animated series could be an opportunity to turn the comic around, but, only, if it's an innovation.
    The more I think about what you wrote the more I like it. I'm not saying it should be the status quo, but it's certainly a fun and interesting idea I would like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So close and yet still so far.
    This was kind of that perfect blending of old and new...

And while traditionally, there has been that " this must sell toys" mentallity, there are many an example of cartoons that were successful, then merchandized with specialty market things. Adventure Time, Steven Universe... things can be popular without the burden of selling crap.

Fantastic Member

Yes, but I would like it more for adults. There's already many kids version.

About WW, the Amazons and the gods, but also wonder out in the modern world (changes per season), of course. Or WW has her adventures in the modern world and the amazons within the PI, Olympian realm. Something like this but less bloody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwIDQmP3IVM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XHNsxDSrMo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMTlY6l-nA

Marvel, now with Disney, I have noticed, is upping up the quality of their animation, so DC's only edge with marvel right now is their kick ass animation; so they need to step up their game, seriously. The animation above can be better, but we learn from past, future and present.

Incredible Member

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r-anime-series

Tomb Raider is getting an anime series on Netflix. With Tomb Raider, Harley Quinn, and She-Ra all having animated series, the excuse for why Diana doesn't have one gets thinner and thinner every day.

I hope this pushes WB into creating one for HBO Max. With WonderGirl for CW and Amazons as a spinoff film, a Wonder Woman animated series seems the best bet to get Wonder Woman content on HBO Max.