Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    As much as I'd love a series, I don't think they'd get her right.

Idk, I'd say her most recent animated outing, Bloodlines, got her pretty right. It's not much but I'd rank higher in comparison to her more notable non-comics appearances like the DCAU or most stuff Timm was involved with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the other hand:

true that
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's always been the time, DC just has less of an excuse now that there's a successful movie.
    Wrap it up. Thread's done.

There's always room for an animated series for a member of the Trinity. They're popular for a reason.

That said, if any of the concept art has her with a sword and shield, I'm out. Tired of turning her into discount Xena. The lasso is cooler, damnit.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-25-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's time for more Wonder Woman everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wrap it up. Thread's done.

There's always room for an animated series for a member of the Trinity. They're popular for a reason.

That said, if any of the concept art has her with a sword and shield, I'm out. Tired of turning her into discount Xena. The lasso is cooler, damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    As much as I'd love a series, I don't think they'd get her right.

What's wrong with her depiction here?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

In a perfect world, this exact thing would have been made ages ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    This is my opinion.
    But I think sadly the cartoon market is stuck in "old school" mentality. The only way to make money from cartoons is from merchandise sales, primarily toys.

In comparison to anime, which is geared towards adults, but I'm not sure where their revenue stream is from though. Anyone else know? Advertising dollars if on TV?

But I think there is where transparency would be more important from TV studios. Green Lantern was liked, and watched, and yet was cancelled. As an adult fan, what can I do? Go buy toys I don't want? Or maybe KFC (For example) should be a sponsor and promote during the show, and the implication becomes, "if KFC sales go up, they will continue to promote the show."
    The anime depends on merchandise sales too. Its sponsors also want to sell merchandise.

If a product is directed to adults or teens, it will have anime merchandise for this audience (not toys).

That said, there is still a good amount of anime for children. We don't heard a lot about these in the West, but these exists.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-25-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think no matter how successful WW is, the people at WB/DC are afraid of the character for some odd reason. There's no excuse that she's only had 2 animated movies and only gets to be in ensemble animated shows. Green Lantern, Harley Quinn, Legion of Superheroes have all gotten their own animated series yet WW hasnt? HBO Max should have greenlit one a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In a perfect world, this exact thing would have been made ages ago.
    So close and yet still so far.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Why can't we have nice things?

Yes, but I’d like a new aesthetic and, possibly, tone that’s different from what’s come before from WB and DC animation.

I want something as special and groundbreaking as BTAS when it premiered. (I know that’s hard to order up on a whim.)

Astonishing Member

I hope if she does have a cartoon, it's not necessarily part of the DC Universe. I feel like relying too much on Greater Universe characters is a bit of a crutch.

Characters like Batman and Spider-Man were able to get to the level they're at because they were able to really establish their own settings.

Wonder Woman has more than enough material that she really shouldn't have to rely on any other Franchises.

Incredible Member

I'll much rather a present-day setting with the current DCEU costume. I think HBO Max is the best chance we have. When it was first announced, reps said HBO Max was targetting a female audience, and Wonder Woman is the perfect animated series for that audience.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd be overjoyed with either a retro-ish series (not firmly set in the 1940s, but kind of ambiguous like BTAS) influenced by the Golden Age stories or something like Bloodlines set in the modern day based off of Perez/Rucka (albeit with much more room to breath than that movie).