Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I did in fact read it and I fell krakoa would benefit from being focused on characters outside the classic era
    This will be the last I say so we don’t derail the thread but there are a lot of similarities in the Wood run with the united mutant nation and sentient seed and the trade aspect the seed offered from mutants to humans. It really was a great story, I personally prefer the classic characters so I’m digging seeing a similarly great story being told with them.

If you want to talk about Ultimate X-Men feel free to pm me!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Wait a minute. So is The X-Cellent series still happening or not?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Honestly I do agree with the idea that reviving literally every old character does mean there's almost no incentive to create new characters. Especially when almost all of them are white. The lack of a Ms Marvel created the space that Kamala filled and flourished in
    I'd agree too if this era didn't revive old POC characters too and gave more relevance to underused ones like Monet. There's still A LOT of room for improvement, but when was the last time we saw a teaser with such a high percentage of POC characters front and center like in the Reign of X one? We'd usually only have Storm in situations like these, unless the teaser featured all active members from all teams.

So seeing as this teaser points towards bigger things for Jean, can we please get her out of that dated Marvel Girl outfit and into something that actually feels like a costume? And if they can't do that, can we at least get some explanation on why she's reverted back to that of all outfits especially when she had a perfectly good one in X-Men Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So seeing as this teaser points towards bigger things for Jean, can we please get her out of that dated Marvel Girl outfit and into something that actually feels like a costume? And if they can't do that, can we at least get some explanation on why she's reverted back to that of all outfits especially when she had a perfectly good one in X-Men Red.
    No way, that is her iconic costume. If anything they should just improve upon that. Nothing else was ever better except for the Phoenix costume and unfortunately that has too much history that should never be revisited.

Perhaps she should take Rachel's Marvel Girl costume with the glasses.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They can keep the general design and still update the costume, like they've done with literally every X-Man in history

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    No way, that is her iconic costume. If anything they should just improve upon that. Nothing else was ever better except for the Phoenix costume and unfortunately that has too much history that should never be revisited.

that's not funny. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

If that’s what passes for the iconic costume for Jean, it really shows how little they ever really cared about her. The Marvel Girl outfit is easily her most plain and boring. It’s just a green dress with an odd shaped mask and gloves, looking like the prototype costume that a new hero just threw together rather than the costume of someone part of a team. Her X-Factor, 90’s, Phoenix and X-Men Red outfits easily blow it out of the water. Hell, I’d say even Jeen’s costumes were better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    that's not funny. :-(
    Just accept Hickman needs to fap to 60s jean and move on. One day a new writer will come and give her back her hard earned pants lol

[[[redacted]]]
    Last edited by danielsan52; 11-27-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

So seeing as this teaser points towards bigger things for Jean
    Does it, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Does it, though?
    I’d say it does since it points towards her and Scott leading some kind of team.

Yeah, it really feels out-of-place next to Cyclops in a modern costume.

I mean, I have nothing against it as an outfit per se or for retro appeal, but it just doesn't have quite the impact as a modern Superhero costume...or, like, other female Superhero costumes with skirts.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Probably Year 3, so 2022 or 2023.

Hickman's usual run lasts around 3 - 4 years; however, this is different because he is the actual head of the entire franchise which is pretty wild.

Does anybody know if this was ever done before where a writer had control of an entire franchise family of books?
    DC and Marvel tended to leave Kirby alone to whatever he wanted in the 70s (Fourth World, etc), but the titles always got canceled pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd agree too if this era didn't revive old POC characters too and gave more relevance to underused ones like Monet. There's still A LOT of room for improvement, but when was the last time we saw a teaser with such a high percentage of POC characters front and center like in the Reign of X one? We'd usually only have Storm in situations like these, unless the teaser featured all active members from all teams.
    Even being a teased character doesn't matter that much. Bishop get teased every once and a while, however pay attention to how much he's used. The book he's in with a team has done almost nothing except expound upon Kitty's sexual liberation and then Shaw kills her that's all I know about Bishop in Marauders.