Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 364
  1. #91
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're missing the fact that Moira is not too happy about how Xavier and Magneto are doing things and pushing her aside.
    It's not pushing her aside, it's just not acquiescing to whatever she says or wants. Doing that would just make them her puppets, besides it's her decision to remain hidden and work in the shadows.The three of them are working in concert to potentially save mutantkind and have been for well over a decade, I don't see her turning on Xavier and Magneto because she feels slighted or ignored. That would be beyond petty and disrupt long term plans they've made.

  2. #92
    Mighty Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    It's not pushing her aside, it's just not acquiescing to whatever she says or wants. Doing that would just make them her puppets, besides it's her decision to remain hidden and work in the shadows.The three of them are working in concert to potentially save mutantkind and have been for well over a decade, I don't see her turning on Xavier and Magneto because she feels slighted or ignored. That would be beyond petty and disrupt long term plans they've made.
    Charles & Mags are acting a little to big for their britches and an every other life and however many years it's been 616 they & their dreams have been failures but that also applies to Moira aswell truthfully from a historic standpoint those 3 are the most inadequate to be in charge of this operation but hey that's politics! *shrugs*

  3. #93
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,509

    Default

    The same faces.
    Probably shouldn't expect to see Gambit, Rogue or Bishop to shine anytime soon

    At least something is planed for Angel. Good.

  4. #94
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    It's not pushing her aside, it's just not acquiescing to whatever she says or wants. Doing that would just make them her puppets, besides it's her decision to remain hidden and work in the shadows.The three of them are working in concert to potentially save mutantkind and have been for well over a decade, I don't see her turning on Xavier and Magneto because she feels slighted or ignored. That would be beyond petty and disrupt long term plans they've made.
    It's not just about pettiness. Xavier and Magneto think they've figured it all out and they don't need her insight anymore. Moira is clearly worried that they'll fuck it up. I'm not saying they pushed her aside by making her stay hidden, but by going against her advice and not letting her make the big decisions with them. They literally told her on HOX/POX that her part was done.

  5. #95
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Charles & Mags are acting a little to big for their britches and an every other life and however many years it's been 616 they & their dreams have been failures but that also applies to Moira aswell truthfully from a historic standpoint those 3 are the most inadequate to be in charge of this operation but hey that's politics! *shrugs*
    Thse two are really full of theirselves. their arrogncy might be how krakoa gonna have some serious problems.

    It was Moira idea and not theirs. She will have some surprise to them, th elives teach her that she can't trust men methods.
    I'm not saying that men are all wrong, but the ones that she associate herselve through timelines had really big exploitable flaws

  6. #96
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    I love this style of story telling having "seasons" or "arcs" is a great way to keep things tight and easy to follow

  7. #97
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    12,288

    Default

    After 'Reign of X' there must be 'Fall of X'.

    Things I'm most looking forward to...
    >Progress on the actual mutant vs machine war with the introduction of Nimrod, and hopefully Nimrod the Lesser as their first model. <3 his murderous cuteness!
    >Jean and Scott possibly not drinking the Krakoan Kool Aid anymore and forming their own X-Men... and hopefully with a relaunch of Uncanny X-Men!
    >Archangel and PeMance! The new transforming X-power couple and business people?
    >More Locus Vile!
    >Jim Jaspers and Legion? Insane reality warping adventures ensue!
    >Kurt writes the Mutant Bible!
    >Laura and Synch are back!
    >Shadow King goodness? Er... Evilness?! Wonderful.
    >Die, Quire! Die!!!!
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-25-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  8. #98
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I love this style of story telling having "seasons" or "arcs" is a great way to keep things tight and easy to follow
    Its really not all that different from what we've had before with the X-line getting a new status quo every 1-2 years. The SF era, especially did this when they went from deciMation to Messiah Complex/Manifest Destiny to Utopia/Nation X to Second Coming/Heroic Age to Schism/Regenisis to AvX to Bendis. The X-line was told in "season" like chunks with the big crossovers serving as season finales to usher in the next status quo
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-25-2020 at 03:53 PM.

  9. #99
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    I think Fall might be a while to come yet.

  10. #100
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its really not all that different from what we've had before with the X-line getting a new status quo every 1-2 years. The SF era, especially did this when they went from deciMation to Messiah Complex/Manifest Destiny to Utopia/Nation X to Second Coming/Heroic Age to Schism/Regenisis to AvX to Bendis. The X-line was told in "season" like chunks with the big crossovers serving as season finales to usher in the next status quo
    I guess now it's a bit more official, with editorial actually naming the eras and defining where they start and end.

  11. #101
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess now it's a bit more official, with editorial actually naming the eras and defining where they start and end.
    it doesn't make much difference on these eras, as each book do their own thing. It is just a marketing device to call atention

  12. #102
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    it doesn't make much difference on these eras, as each book do their own thing. It is just a marketing device to call atention
    You really dont know how things will shape out with ROX. All the books in DOX existed to build out the world of Krakoa and/or expand upon plot elements Hickman had introduced. The "Dawn" in DOX literally referred to the dawn aka start of that new mutant era. The books werent randomly doing their own thing with no sense of theme. Fallen Angels was really the only book that didnt add to the narrative but all of the others did

  13. #103
    Fantastic Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Remind me: what's the actual function of the Patch disguise? Does Logan really think people can't tell it's him?

  14. #104
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You really dont know how things will shape out with ROX. All the books in DOX existed to build out the world of Krakoa and/or expand upon plot elements Hickman had introduced. The "Dawn" in DOX literally referred to the dawn aka start of that new mutant era. The books werent randomly doing their own thing with no sense of theme. Fallen Angels was really the only book that didnt add to the narrative but all of the others did
    This is my thinking as well, it's official naming of seasons

  15. #105
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Remind me: what's the actual function of the Patch disguise? Does Logan really think people can't tell it's him?
    He's pulling a Clark Kent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •