Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's not extinction stories, it's Krakoa being gone they want.
    I like Krakoa but I still feel the inevitable fall or war plotline coming
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    This isn't any different when he had free reign on FF and Avengers. Marvel universe was reset beacause of his storyline
    But other writers had control of their perspective characters: Thor became Unworthy, Spidey became SpOck, Cap became old, Tony became evil; Hickman didn't have story control of that.

The Marvel Universe was "reset" but not really old stories just continued.

Fantastic Four was only two books that he wrote.

But with the X-Men he controls where the stories should go

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    But other writers had control of their perspective characters: Thor became Unworthy, Spidey became SpOck, Cap became old, Tony became evil; Hickman didn't have story control of that.

The Marvel Universe was "reset" but not really old stories just continued.

Fantastic Four was only two books that he wrote.

But with the X-Men he controls where the stories should go
    Avengers books are different because there is the solos, but they aren't all avengers books. If a character didn't had a solo, he had full control.

having only two books doesn't make it different from x-men, if anything made his job easier

X-men has all the characters on same office, so it turns he can oversee it all. That i sprobably the reason I see Krakoa weighting down the entire line

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Never been officially named or announced. People are just that eager to get back to the extinction stories.
    Hickman's premise is the ultimate extinction story. He has beaten us over the head with it, Moira has proclaimed it: "Mutants always lose!". Those are the stakes he has set in order to give some reason and significance to Krakoa and all of whatever he is actually going to do with this run.

I mean, it sure isn't about getting back to being superheroes or adventurers or just soap opera drama junk.

I thought yesterday shortly after this promo that more news would be released today, possibly about a new title. Or did I read it wrong?

I truly don't think Krakoa is going anywhere (or at least I don't want it to) you guys seem to think that it's a one or the other. You can have mass extinction , mutants dying , etc but Krakoa still goes on.

I have every belief that Krakoa will go on as a nation maybe not as strong as it is now but still. You will have mutants who will call themselves Krakoan speak the language and such. While others will go back to the mansion.( after they find out about Moria)

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I truly don't think Krakoa is going anywhere (or at least I don't want it to) you guys seem to think that it's a one or the other. You can have mass extinction , mutants dying , etc but Krakoa still goes on.

I have every belief that Krakoa will go on as a nation maybe not as strong as it is now but still. You will have mutants who will call themselves Krakoan speak the language and such. While others will go back to the mansion.( after they find out about Moria)
    Nah, I'm sure it'll be something like that. If anything, I'd expect MORE mutant countries that compete with one another to start forming.

(Remember Magneto's line about "there has never been a mutant war" in the beginning? That's what we call foreshadowing.)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

What kind of war though: mutant civil war or World War X?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Nah, I'm sure it'll be something like that. If anything, I'd expect MORE mutant countries that compete with one another to start forming.

(Remember Magneto's line about "there has never been a mutant war" in the beginning? That's what we call foreshadowing.)
    yeah I can see that happening right after the Human vs mutant war. The Arakko mutants will be pretty much in exterminate all humans mode while the krakoa mutants will just want to beat the humans not kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    This isn't any different when he had free reign on FF and Avengers. Marvel universe was reset beacause of his storyline
    He did put all the toys back in the box to use his own terms.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Hickman's premise is the ultimate extinction story. He has beaten us over the head with it, Moira has proclaimed it: "Mutants always lose!". Those are the stakes he has set in order to give some reason and significance to Krakoa and all of whatever he is actually going to do with this run.

I mean, it sure isn't about getting back to being superheroes or adventurers or just soap opera drama junk.
    Yeah but that’s his “everything dies” line from avengers by the run is over it’s gonna be reversed to “mutants always win” probably showing that everything Moira is doing is totally unnecessary and things will always work out for the mutants in the end. Just not her. Like life 9 yeah nimrod conquered earth but mutants had their own planet in shiar space with 500k people and growing. They survived, “they won” it’s just a victory for Moira

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Have you read Ultimate X-Men post Ultimatum? Might be right up your alley.
    You are aware that run was written by Hickman?

BANNED

Have you read Ultimate X-Men post Ultimatum? Might be right up your alley.
    I would also say that post ultimatum X-men is highly underrated. They threw out the racial metaphor and embraced the medical disaster that mutants would be if a lab just released a super power plague on the earth. It allowed for new dynamics and showed that the X-men did not need the classic characters to work. If ultimatum had been better I think it could have survived

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    You are aware that run was written by Hickman?
    It was written by Jeff Loeb, (Ultimate X), Nick Spencer and Brian Wood (Ultimate Comics: X-Men). Hickman wrote Ultimate Thor and Ultimates. They were the Avengers of 1610.

Did you ever check it out? I really do think you would like it. All the traditional big names are dead besides Iceman, Jean and Kitty. Colossus and Storm are around but they aren’t featured too heavily minus an arc or two. Kitty is definitely the star of Wood’s run. Seriously I think if you want to read X-Men that moves past the core team you would enjoy it. I personally don’t want the core team to go away but I must admit the stories were really good. If I’m being honest I think you would enjoy Wood’s run more than Spencer’s but really to appreciate it all it would help to read the book hole run. It’s not too many issues in the grand scheme of things.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

It was written by Jeff Loeb, (Ultimate X), Nick Spencer and Brian Wood (Ultimate Comics: X-Men). Hickman wrote Ultimate Thor and Ultimates. They were the Avengers of 1610.

Did you ever check it out? I really do think you would like it. All the traditional big names are dead besides Iceman, Jean and Kitty. Colossus and Storm are around but they aren’t featured too heavily minus an arc or two. Kitty is definitely the star of Wood’s run. Seriously I think if you want to read X-Men that moves past the core team you would enjoy it. I personally don’t want the core team to go away but I must admit the stories were really good. If I’m being honest I think you would enjoy Wood’s run more than Spencer’s but really to appreciate it all it would help to read the book hole run. It’s not too many issues in the grand scheme of things.
    I did in fact read it and I fell krakoa would benefit from being focused on characters outside the classic era