Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Krakoa itself is the ultimate authority and can override any decision the council makes. They wanted the gate closed and Krakoa said no, there was nothing they could do about it. Hell if Krakoa decides it no longer wants to be colonized and wants everyone to get off it then that's what will happen. Unless of course the council finds some way to enslave Krakoa to do their bidding. And honestly I wouldn't it past them to try and do it.
    It's almost as it is a bad idea base your country on a sentient being tht can override decisions to their own selfish gain.
    Last edited by baxer; 11-30-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Incredible Member

What about that owl. Reminds me of cassandra nova from the future that showed up in that cringey Ron Garney run

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    What about that owl. Reminds me of cassandra nova from the future that showed up in that cringey Ron Garney run
    Owl? Do you mean Tarn behind Angel and M?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Not sure what year Moira was born, but I’d guess she was at least in her late thirties by the Phoenix Saga in 1976. So we’re pretty much looking at all of Marvel history back to about 1950 just burned off?
    The rest of the MU is not beholden to this run's completely ridiculous premise of Moira being the center of the universe. He'll just scrap all this Arrako/Krakoa nonsense and leave things as they were before they started. Just like Secret War, or AoA, or that time Nimrod found a necklace in the subway that turned NYC into a renaissance fair for two issues. "Put the toys back on the table where you found them after you're done playing."
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The rest of the MU is not beholden to this run's completely ridiculous premise of Moira being the center of the universe. He'll just scrap all this Arrako/Krakoa nonsense and leave things as they were before they started. Just like Secret War, or AoA, or that time Nimrod found a necklace in the subway that turned NYC into a renaissance fair for two issues. "Put the toys back on the table where you found them after you're done playing."
    I swear if we just go back to the mansion crap after all this greatness I'm going to rage so hard

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I don't think he'll quite do that. For instance I'm confident that all of the revivals of dead mutants is going to stick. Idk if they'll get rid of the resurrection engine, but I do think it'll end with everyone alive.

Except Moira. She gon get it

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Krakoa itself is the ultimate authority and can override any decision the council makes. They wanted the gate closed and Krakoa said no, there was nothing they could do about it. Hell if Krakoa decides it no longer wants to be colonized and wants everyone to get off it then that's what will happen. Unless of course the council finds some way to enslave Krakoa to do their bidding. And honestly I wouldn't it past them to try and do it.
    Now I’m picturing this run ending by Krakoa just telling everybody to gtfo.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So then the next step of the mutant metaphor is being refugees?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I swear if we just go back to the mansion crap after all this greatness I'm going to rage so hard
    Haha. That's exactly what will happen if we trust history.

Rise of X> Reign of X> Climax of X> Oversaturation of X>Decline of X> Failed Rise of X Reboot> Successful Reboot

I still don't understand anything about Krakoa itself. Back in '75 it was said to have gained sentience as a result of nuclear testing a few decades before trying to eat the X-Men, who promptly threw it into space. Now, it's back somehow(still unexplained), and it actually used to have a whole civilization of super-mutants on it until it was split apart by something(still fuzzy) and half of it teleported to another dimension?

WTF?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I still don't understand anything about Krakoa itself. Back in '75 it was said to have gained sentience as a result of nuclear testing a few decades before trying to eat the X-Men, who promptly threw it into space. Now, it's back somehow(still unexplained), and it actually used to have a whole civilization of super-mutants on it until it was split apart by something(still fuzzy) and half of it teleported to another dimension?

WTF?
    Welcome to comics.
    "Cable was right!"

WTF?
    There's been multiple Krakoas. The problem is the word has been used interchangeably for all of them including the country of Krakoa which itself is similar yet a different context than the sentient being known as Krakoa

I've been reading comics for decades. Hickman's audacity is certainly something to behold, but after all this XoS nonsense, Krakoa still is too much of an inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's been multiple Krakoas. The problem is the word has been used interchangeably for all of them including the country of Krakoa which itself is similar yet a different context than the sentient being known as Krakoa
    If Polaris hadn't talked to Krakoa in reference to the Giant Size incident I might could hand wave this, but she did, so I can't. Same with Vulcan and his crew. This isn't 'baby Krakoa' or whatever that was back in WatXM. If you are going to base the whole run on top of Krakoa that we know from '75, you have to explain it.

Mighty Member

If Polaris hadn't talked to Krakoa in reference to the Giant Size incident I might could hand wave this, but she did, so I can't. Same with Vulcan and his crew. This isn't 'baby Krakoa' or whatever that was back in WatXM. If you are going to base the whole run on top of Krakoa that we know from '75, you have to explain it.
    It’s explained in the handbook from XOS.