Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 364
  1. #136
    Spectacular Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    But what concerns me is the implication that he intends to restore the status quo to what it eas before he hopped on, and I frankly don't see how that is possible. I think we all know Krakoa is doomed to fail but Rssurection protocols, coupled with them forgiving a ton of baddies and sticking a middle finger to the rest of planet Earth is gonna be hard to undo.
    I think it is still really easy to return to the status quo. Krakoa is not really that different from Genosha or Utopia before that. You can easily create another schism between core members of the X-Men ("we want to live in coexistence with humanity") and Krakoa's council and let them restart a school in the U.S. while Krakoa remains as a sovereign mutant nation led by some villains and former X-Men. It's Genosha 2.0.

  2. #137
    Amazing Member Toonstrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think it is still really easy to return to the status quo. Krakoa is not really that different from Genosha or Utopia before that. You can easily create another schism between core members of the X-Men ("we want to live in coexistence with humanity") and Krakoa's council and let them restart a school in the U.S. while Krakoa remains as a sovereign mutant nation led by some villains and former X-Men. It's Genosha 2.0.

    Even after they already know the U.S. and several other governments are plotting against them? Like.... their departure was depicted more like a secession than a "were gonna F off for a little while, be back later" sort of thing. Not to mention their output of a life enhancing drug that they used to effectively extort all major countries of the world. Theres gotta be some bad blood there.

  3. #138
    Spectacular Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Even after they already know the U.S. and several other governments are plotting against them? Like.... their departure was depicted more like a secession than a "were gonna F off for a little while, be back later" sort of thing. Not to mention their output of a life enhancing drug that they used to effectively extort all major countries of the world. Theres gotta be some bad blood there.
    it is not new that governments hate mutants and try to destroy Xavier's dream. The U.S. government always created Sentinels, mutant camps, trying to push for a mutant cure, or new mutant registration act. At the same time there are probably also political oppositions who are more supportive to the "mutant question".

    And different nation states plotting against each other is really how the world works. isn't it?

  4. #139
    Fantastic Member rhaenylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    483

    Default

    I really hope Spurrier's book is about Legion

  5. #140
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Looks like Cable’s solo is cancelled, now that he’s over in SWORD. Just as well.
    I don't know why you think that when Cable is still solicited up to February, two months after SWORD starts.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #141
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I really hope Spurrier's book is about Legion
    Me too. His Legacy was one of my favorite books ever.

  7. #142
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,518

    Default

    I am sure Cable is planned to end soon too. Probably
    with issue 12 on June and then New Summer event starts on July that will lead to new books for Fall 2021.

    I think NM, X-Factor, Hellions, Marauders and hopefully Excalibur will end before July too.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 11-26-2020 at 04:04 AM.

  8. #143
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am sure Cable is planned to end soon too. Probably
    with issue 12 on June and then New Summer event starts on July that will lead to new books for Fall 2021.

    I think NM, X-Factor, Hellions, Marauders and hopefully Excalibur will end before July too.
    Great, look forward to only having Wolverine and The Increasingly Morally Dubious Adventures Of Beast And His Incompetent Mutant CIA to read then.

  9. #144
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Great, look forward to only having Wolverine and The Increasingly Morally Dubious Adventures Of Beast And His Incompetent Mutant CIA to read then.
    You will have also Sword and new relaunched teams.
    Lol, it is just my prediction.

  10. #145
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    You will have also Sword and new relaunched teams.
    Lol, it is just my prediction.
    I will fight any man who tries to take Hellions and Marauders away from me, with teeth.

  11. #146
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    I'm just glad X23 and Synch didn't get out of the vault without a reckoning.But you have to be worried Darwin isn't with them.I think guy has evolved into an omega and probably not down with krakoa as he has more in common with the children than mutants.That is the story I'm most eagerly anticipating hope Gomez or Silva or even Larraz get to handle its artwork

  12. #147
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm just glad X23 and Synch didn't get out of the vault without a reckoning.But you have to be worried Darwin isn't with them.I think guy has evolved into an omega and probably not down with krakoa as he has more in common with the children than mutants.That is the story I'm most eagerly anticipating hope Gomez or Silva or even Larraz get to handle its artwork
    Darwin is on the cover to X-men 18. This teaser cant include every character thats involved in the associated storylines. Asrar has already been tapped to draw it

  13. #148
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,353

    Default

    I just really need that X-Corps book (hopefully with the rich X-Men like Archangel, Sunspot and Monet and finally have the Moira series with 'her' X-Men (aka the 1.5 team) with Petra, Darwin, Vulcan and Sway.
    "I have been dancing with you my entire life "

  14. #149
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Darwin is on the cover to X-men 18. This teaser cant include every character thats involved in the associated storylines. Asrar has already been tapped to draw it
    Just seen the cover,thanks.I can't wait for the story and my fave Xmen villains to cross paths with Krakoa.

  15. #150
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I just really need that X-Corps book (hopefully with the rich X-Men like Archangel, Sunspot and Monet and finally have the Moira series with 'her' X-Men (aka the 1.5 team) with Petra, Darwin, Vulcan and Sway.
    This! Both of these books are musts.
    I also wanted a World of X book where Jean and Storm lead a group of Krakoan ambassadors to gather more political allies. Basically a new international X-team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •