Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So I read it and all it shows is that the Stranger had the son of Ego and Krakoa in a terrarium a million lights years from earth. Ego's son and some others flew out of their pods while Quasar and his allies were fighting the bad guys, but Krakoa is not shown among them.

So much for explaining how Krakoa got back to earth, stopped eating mutants, or developed teleportation flowers, let alone the vast inconsistency in origin stories.
    It’s really not that difficult to understand.

If Polaris hadn't talked to Krakoa in reference to the Giant Size incident I might could hand wave this, but she did, so I can't. Same with Vulcan and his crew. This isn't 'baby Krakoa' or whatever that was back in WatXM. If you are going to base the whole run on top of Krakoa that we know from '75, you have to explain it.
    How do we know it's not baby Krakoa? Did they say that somewhere? Also maybe in this life the X-Men didn't shoot Krakoa off into space?

Edit: Nevermind, did some research and found out it's not baby Krakoa . I dug out the XoS handbook and it did sorta explain how Krakoa came back. The Quasar thing is right. "Somehow" Krakoa escaped and found its way back.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

It’s a retcon that works with its current history. I don’t get what’s so far fetched. Maybe it’s not a story you enjoy, but it works for the most part. We can’t believe this but we believe Gambit was there for the Mutant Massacre. Kwannon and Betsy got body swapped instead. Wolverine and Mystique knew each other years and years ago. If there’s a place where it can fit and not really destroy anything, then it can work

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. Krakoa could probably survive without feasting on mutants like its offspring does but it probably needs the mutant to unlock its full facilities and the portals and the flowers are just part of those facilities.

At least with this retcon, Moira is partially to blame for the Second Genesis and Giant-Size fiasco.
    "Cable was right!"

I wonder if something happened to Darwin? We See Synch and Wolverine in the teaser. I can't wait to see the resolution of COTV. Also need to know in what way, if any have they changed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I wonder if something happened to Darwin? We See Synch and Wolverine in the teaser. I can't wait to see the resolution of COTV. Also need to know in what way, if any have they changed.
    As long as they don't **** up will be find. But I'm preaty sure they fucked up.

Also don't the xmen have a tone of mutants who can see the past of objects by touching them ? Why didn't one of them just touch the vault?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Its a teaser. They cant include every character involved in the stories teased. Darwin shows up on the cover to the book that deals with this for what its worth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its a teaser. They cant include every character involved in the stories teased. Darwin shows up on the cover to the book that deals with this for what its worth
    While I can't argue with that, the cover could be them entering as the teaser shows them in rougher shape than the cover. I would imagine Darwin being in the Vault for a long time could lead to a Darwin that would not be quite the same as the Darwin that entered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While I can't argue with that, the cover could be them entering as the teaser shows them in rougher shape than the cover. I would imagine Darwin being in the Vault for a long time could lead to a Darwin that would not be quite the same as the Darwin that entered.
    I think it is valid for the 3, it is a long time by theirselves

If Polaris hadn't talked to Krakoa in reference to the Giant Size incident I might could hand wave this, but she did, so I can't. Same with Vulcan and his crew. This isn't 'baby Krakoa' or whatever that was back in WatXM. If you are going to base the whole run on top of Krakoa that we know from '75, you have to explain it.
    I'm pretty sure Krakoa's talking was retconned way back in Deadly Genesis, when it turned out to be Xavier making everyone think it was talking.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Cool, you picked up on that too! Yes a teaser can mean anything, but I thought it was an interesting point to make with the imagery.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So can someone kindly explain what the point of the drugs are and why they are in circulation on Krakoa? Is this a Sinister thing to eventually warp everyone's minds or is this something different that I'm not completely getting? Has it been brought up at all since it's first showing up?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So can someone kindly explain what the point of the drugs are and why they are in circulation on Krakoa? Is this a Sinister thing to eventually warp everyone's minds or is this something different that I'm not completely getting? Has it been brought up at all since it's first showing up?
    There's nothing about warping people's minds, it's just a way of buying humans out so they are content enough to not begin mass producing Sentinels and eventually Nimrod.

Krakoa talks to Cypher all the time, so I don't think DG's version is quite right either.

In any case, I meant the scene in X-Factor where Lorna builds their HQ from the ore Krakoa sets her up with. She alludes to the time she and Ororo threw it into space.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    They are a resource that only mutants can produce that serves as a bargaining chip for humans.

They have no more mystery that we know.