Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Looks like another story arc where too much happens and no Phantazia cameo. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Looks like another story arc where too much happens and no Phantazia cameo. Next!
    No Thumbelina
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wonder if this means the seemingly inevitable collapse/upheaval of Hickmans endgame will be Fall of X.
    the only thing inevitable is "change" but it doesn't need to be necessarily a bad thing, I'm not sure why some people expect all this development to be thrown away now that we are finally out of that 10 years rut of endless extinction and death.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yes the Resurrection protocols must remain. They are as sacred as the terrigen mist

Astonishing Member

Oh hey i was wrong about expecting nothing really great from the "big announcement later the week", that's nice.

Promo image doesn't contain too much in terms of grand story hints, but a few little hints about smaller developments, nothing which gets me excited yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Dude I lovedddddddd Spurriers run. So under-rated. I'm so glad he's back. Please write Betsy. Please write Betsy.

Who is the guy in the white mask in the back. Is that Peacock Man from X-Force?
    It's certainly nice to have Spurrier back on an X-men story, though i hope he doesn't use Marrow again, as good as many of his X-men stories were, he didn't do her any favors with how he wrote her in X-force.

As for the masked figure, it could also be the guy from Hellions, his face and the masks of his "creatures" resembled those of the Peacock Man and his fellows.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the only thing inevitable is "change" but it doesn't need to be necessarily a bad thing, I'm not sure why some people expect all this development to be thrown away now that we are finally out of that 10 years rut of endless extinction and death.
    Oh I don't think everything will go away. Some elements probably will (the Council) but I think Krakoa (the nation) will probably stick around.

My two expectations of his run:
    Every mutant ever is back on the table (already checked)
    The end of the mutants being on the verge of extinction/ the X-Men now on equal footing with, say, the Avengers

The image says at the bottom it begins in December. Does that mean a new book that hasn't been solicited/revealed yet or more likely a new book in March?

I dunno about a new book unless something's getting cancelled in return, but it's very exciting to have Si Spurrier on board regardless! The roster of writers currently on the x-office just keeps getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Kurt reading a book. That must be what he's been doing this whole time, bless him.
    I think it's his new Bible he's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think it's his new Bible he's writing.
    or he just found a lost volume of Destiny's diaries
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    The image says at the bottom it begins in December. Does that mean a new book that hasn't been solicited/revealed yet or more likely a new book in March?
    No, just all current books are fall out from x of swords and begin reign of x.

Amazing Member

Is that Tarn? I think the Amenth story is just beginning! Or with Arrako and Krakoa rejoining are they all (over a million mutants!!) now all together?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    There is no way of soliciting a book in December very likely a new book in march by Spurrier

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Kurt reading a book. That must be what he's been doing this whole time, bless him.
    Ooh, promoted from crouching uncomfortably on a Council chair to reading a book? By 2025 he might have graduated to be actually in a team again?

mmmh, not particularly intrigued by anything I see (except the return of Synch and Wolverine. Really looking forward to that!!).

the villains for the next phase seem so boring and nostalgic to me. Arcade? Shadow King? Nimrod? It's 80s galore...the entire teaser feels retro x-men to me. are we already taking Hickman's "newness" away?!