Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Even being a teased character doesn't matter that much. Bishop get teased every once and a while, however pay attention to how much he's used. The book he's in with a team has done almost nothing except expound upon Kitty's sexual liberation and then Shaw kills her that's all I know about Bishop in Marauders.
    It may be that old white dude writing Marauders is more interested in his white power fantasy stories than writing good comics. Which would also explain why he is writing Conan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Even being a teased character doesn't matter that much. Bishop get teased every once and a while, however pay attention to how much he's used. The book he's in with a team has done almost nothing except expound upon Kitty's sexual liberation and then Shaw kills her that's all I know about Bishop in Marauders.
    Are we just gonna ignore when he was investigating about that missing chinese mutant? And he still takes part in some of the action..

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    Are we just gonna ignore when he was investigating about that missing chinese mutant? And he still takes part in some of the action..
    Don't scrape the barrel, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    DC and Marvel tended to leave Kirby alone to whatever he wanted in the 70s (Fourth World, etc), but the titles always got canceled pretty quickly.
    I appreciate how you erased Bendis' X-Men run from your mind. I wish I had that ability.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Don't scrape the barrel, please.
    Well it is something, compare it to another captain like Gorgon who's only thing to show was that issue of dismembering a bunch of humans before the event where he finally did something significant but also died. Also the point is proving the guy wrong in his view that Bishop's role there was just reading Kate's emails.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    Well it is something, compare it to another captain like Gorgon who's only thing to show was that issue of dismembering a bunch of humans before the event where he finally did something significant but also died. Also the point is proving the guy wrong in his view that Bishop's role there was just reading Kate's emails.
    Well reading those emails is probably the most fun he's had this whole time.

I don't get why Bishop and Gorgon were made Captains, when they're less relevant than Shogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Never been officially named or announced. People are just that eager to get back to the extinction stories.
    Right like damn what was so awesome in the past that wouldn't potentially be more awesome in s setting like KraKoa
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Have you read Ultimate X-Men post Ultimatum? Might be right up your alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Honestly I do agree with the idea that reviving literally every old character does mean there's almost no incentive to create new characters. Especially when almost all of them are white. The lack of a Ms Marvel created the space that Kamala filled and flourished in
    Eh it was a compelling story and complicated character
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd agree too if this era didn't revive old POC characters too and gave more relevance to underused ones like Monet. There's still A LOT of room for improvement, but when was the last time we saw a teaser with such a high percentage of POC characters front and center like in the Reign of X one? We'd usually only have Storm in situations like these, unless the teaser featured all active members from all teams.
    Zup
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So seeing as this teaser points towards bigger things for Jean, can we please get her out of that dated Marvel Girl outfit and into something that actually feels like a costume? And if they can't do that, can we at least get some explanation on why she's reverted back to that of all outfits especially when she had a perfectly good one in X-Men Red.
    How is it dated as opposed to classic/iconic

I don't get why Bishop and Gorgon were made Captains, when they're less relevant than Shogo.
    soooo Shogo would be your choice?
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah, because people actually remember that Shogo exists.

Also, I do think you'd like post-Ultimatum Ultimate X-Men. It's probably the exact inspiration of this concept of Krakoa. Honestly, regardless of how you feel about him, Brian Wood did the X-Nation thing better than Hickman has thus far. Also, his Kate Pride is amazing. Far better than Pirates of the Caribbean over here, and the trash character we had prior Hickman.

Oh. Okay.

In what ways has he 'done it better'?

Gah his Kitty was the stalest
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah, because people actually remember that Shogo exists.

Also, I do think you'd like post-Ultimatum Ultimate X-Men. It's probably the exact inspiration of this concept of Krakoa. Honestly, regardless of how you feel about him, Brian Wood did the X-Nation thing better than Hickman has thus far. Also, his Kate Pride is amazing. Far better than Pirates of the Caribbean over here, and the trash character we had prior Hickman.
    I full-heartedly have to agree. Brian Wood's x nation was really well done and fun to read. Still not sure what was evil Jean Grey's motivation though. But the entire reservation x concept was amazing (in particular in relation to Kitty Pryde's development of becoming a revolutionary leader). That's how you write a mutant revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Oh. Okay.

In what ways has he 'done it better'?

Gah his Kitty was the stalest
    How? She was active far more than reactive, learned to use her powers in cool ways and we saw her struggle to become an actual leader. Her relationship with Jimmy was also pretty interesting., in that she had deal with sating his hunger for fighting when the whole point of the fighting was for peace. We also got a lot of personal stories from other characters, too. If only Wood hadn't screwed his career...maybe he'd be writing X-Factor or Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I full-heartedly have to agree. Brian Wood's x nation was really well done and fun to read. Still not sure what was evil Jean Grey's motivation though. But the entire reservation x concept was amazing (in particular in relation to Kitty Pryde's development of becoming a revolutionary leader). That's how you write a mutant revolution.
    I more so appreciated us getting into the mindset of people that suddenly had to learn how to create their own society, and seeing that process in real-time. It made that comic far more personal, while Hickman's run is so scattered. I didn't even care for 99% of the characters used, but I still loved that run. Great character work.

Which is why I felt that Dawn of X should've been 2-3 books, for a year, to ground the and solidify the different objectives of the QC and Moira, and then expand. If Hickman had given us Wood's Ultimate X-Men, and then expanded the line for Reign of X, but with a clear focus....the hype would've never died.

It's easy to be proactive in mutant affairs when there's 13 mutants left.
    Kitty Prydes storyline was always about her boyfriend.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It's easy to be proactive in mutant affairs when there's 13 mutants left.
    Kitty Prydes storyline was always about her boyfriend.
    Except it literally wasn't always about Jimmy and there was more than 13 mutants.

BANNED

Welp, Hickman uses him a lot so...