Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    A book where he have zero developtment and that main function is setting up stuff to be developted on other books. It's basically a bunch of oneshots, that serves to do the worldbuilding and Cyclops is there just to give some sense of continuity to the whole thing, even when he most of the time take a backseet to some other character.
    Cyclops has had development in those issues though. You don't think him stopping a fight with horde culture isn't development and shows us insight into who scott still is? because that's an important page

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    Cyclops has had development in those issues though. You don't think him stopping a fight with horde culture isn't development and shows us insight into who scott still is? because that's an important page
    I have no faith in anything from this line anymore. I expect them to face nimrod in a dance battle I. The future

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    The same faces.
    Probably shouldn't expect to see Gambit, Rogue or Bishop to shine anytime soon

At least something is planed for Angel. Good.
    Yeah X-Men quickly started to course correct back to the mess they were prior to Hickman. Tracking the same few group ad nausea, the bait and switch of appearing to juggle things by bringing back all these dead mutants.....and barely using any of them.

I mean.... its almost an inevitability at this point. Save for doing another M day, God forbid, some are just going to be left out. Hickman is juggling so many plot threads, maybe the reason he allowed Franklin to be dropped was to just make this all easier? I mean we have a million new mutants, Sinister, Shaw, Mystique being against Krakoa, Alex being against Krakoa, the old ladies, and God knows what else im forgetting. Im here for the ride because its been great so far. But I'm still worried especially if Hickman says he has a way to put the toys back. Not sure how thats possible.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think putting the toys back will mean the Council/it's politics goes away. Along with probably Xavier and obviously Moira

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean.... its almost an inevitability at this point. Save for doing another M day, God forbid, some are just going to be left out. Hickman is juggling so many plot threads, maybe the reason he allowed Franklin to be dropped was to just make this all easier? I mean we have a million new mutants, Sinister, Shaw, Mystique being against Krakoa, Alex being against Krakoa, the old ladies, and God knows what else im forgetting. Im here for the ride because its been great so far. But I'm still worried especially if Hickman says he has a way to put the toys back. Not sure how thats possible.
    After a year of this I now understand why everyone who goes into an x book immediately start thinking of how many characters they can kill. Jesus Christ the bloat on this franchise! I honestly GET house of M a lot more now. I wish it was better done but I get it! The X-men as an IP is too big for its own good. It really explains why every writer immediately begins by culling crap from the last one. It also makes me confident that no matter how krakoa ends the next writer is immediately gonna destroy it cause why the **** would he want to deal with any of this nonsense lol

This idea that you need to kill off mutants just so you don't have to write them is so dumb. Do you know how many super heroes are in the Marvel IP and you don't see all the heroes jumping into everyone else story every time the world needs saving. It's not that hard to just have the mutants you don't want to use relaxing somewhere else. There is no reason to get rid of Krakoa or have another massive mutant mass extinction other than shock value.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    This idea that you need to kill off mutants just so you don't have to write them is so dumb. Do you know how many super heroes are in the Marvel IP and you don't see all the heroes jumping into everyone else story every time the world needs saving. It's not that hard to just have the mutants you don't want to use relaxing somewhere else. There is no reason to get rid of Krakoa or have another massive mutant mass extinction other than shock value.
    Dude every writer does it! EVERY SINGLE ONE!! Morrison did it then bendis and everyone since for 20 years. It’s ingrained in the franchise you can’t escape it. The writers only want to play with their toys. Nobody else’s, Multiple avengers writers said they wanted to kill off more redundant characters but editors vetoed it cause many avengers have solo books so they can’t die. Bendis did a big interview about how was only able to kill the hulk in civil war 2 because they really wanted push cho hulk at the time. Otherwise would never happened. Fact is most X-men exist in the team books alone. They exist to be killed, that’s their purpose in the story. It’s just more obvious now cause they keep killing them and bringing them back to do it again lol

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Dude every writer does it! EVERY SINGLE ONE!! Morrison did it then bendis and everyone since for 20 years. It’s ingrained in the franchise you can’t escape it. The writers only want to play with their toys. Nobody else’s, Multiple avengers writers said they wanted to kill off more redundant characters but editors vetoed it cause many avengers have solo books so they can’t die. Bendis did a big interview about how was only able to kill the hulk in civil war 2 because they really wanted push cho hulk at the time. Otherwise would never happened. Fact is most X-men exist in the team books alone. They exist to be killed, that’s their purpose in the story. It’s just more obvious now cause they keep killing them and bringing them back to do it again lol
    Yeah the toys always get put back in the box; the status quo is always reset.

I mean this is why X-Men introduced the idea of resurrection - the X-Men always die, I mean ALWAYS.

And when did is all said and done it will be reset with Moira's 11th life and none of us will be the wiser

I guess these are Scott and Jean’s new X-Men??

B049E5A7-90E8-472A-A09E-C0E1ECE27474.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I guess these are Scott and Jean’s new X-Men??

B049E5A7-90E8-472A-A09E-C0E1ECE27474.jpg
    Could be the Children of the Atom or...is that Shard on the left?!?

so it is confirmed, Jean will forever look stupid.

Can we at least please get a panel where Jean meets jumbo carnation and getting shaded for this look?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Now that I think about it you are 1000% right. X men doesn't have the luxury of every one of its characters being able to run solos or having movie appearances. A lot of them are simply there to die in order to show stakes so the big guys Cyke/Wolvie/Storm/Magik/Emma/occasionally Jean can do their thing.

Heck up until 2 years ago Cyke was barely on that list either.

Hickman doing this resurrection thing was a bold move because you can't simply kill the character to avoid having to write them.

But what concerns me is the implication that he intends to restore the status quo to what it eas before he hopped on, and I frankly don't see how that is possible. I think we all know Krakoa is doomed to fail but Rssurection protocols, coupled with them forgiving a ton of baddies and sticking a middle finger to the rest of planet Earth is gonna be hard to undo.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post

But what concerns me is the implication that he intends to restore the status quo to what it eas before he hopped on, and I frankly don't see how that is possible. I think we all know Krakoa is doomed to fail but Rssurection protocols, coupled with them forgiving a ton of baddies and sticking a middle finger to the rest of planet Earth is gonna be hard to undo.
    Easy. Have Wanda say, "No more Moira Kinross" or deploy that stupid mist again.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Easy. Have Wanda say, "No more Moira Kinross" or deploy that stupid mist again.
    Lmao I dont think Wanda will be trying any more spells with Mutants any time soon, and I think its for the best

Hickmans probably gonna rely on Moira for the whole thing to be undone and thats fine I guess but I'd rather he did it in a way that still makes the stories feel like they matter.