Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The only thing I know about Korngold is the Love Theme Suite from the Adventures of Robin Hood. That was a fantastic piece of music. I will have to look up the score for Obsession on YouTube. Thanks for the recommendation. Hermann did a lot of great work with Hitchcock. It's funny that you mention Jerry Goldsmith. He's the dude who sort of got me interested more in movie music. He scored for the somewhat forgotten film A Patch of Blue, and after watching that great movie I started to pay WAY more attention to the music in movies. I liked how he used electric guitars and harmonicas in that film. But my favorite score of all-time has to be Ennio Morricone's PERFECT Cinema Paradiso soundtrack. It's so romantic, nostalgic and bittersweet. It's flawless. Unfortunately, that kind of music would never work for Doom. He's just not that kind of fella. I like the fact that Doom, Magneto and Ultron don't really have much time for love interests. Particularly, I like the fact that Doom is a little bit like author Jack Kerouac. Kerouac was extremely devoted to his mother and claimed that she was the only woman he ever truly loved. I think Victor would understand that sentiment perfectly. I hope they show that relationship in the MCU movies/shows. There are WAY too many characters with "daddy issues" in the MCU. I would LOVE to have an A-List character like Doom have a strong MATERNAL influence on him. Again, I'm gonna listen to your Obsession recommendation. It sounds so good! Look, the MCU is doing just fine without standout musical soundtracks, but I will be somewhat disappointed if Victor doesn't get his own amazing theme. And I don't mean using popular and/or classical music already available in the public domain. It has to belong to him alone. Just like the Imperial March belongs to Darth Vader alone.
    It sure does....it just summons up menace and power. I hope that we do get Doom in the MCU but I fear it may be many years away now. This pandemic has me feeling down about the possibility.

Korngold's score from The Adventures of Robin Hood is one of my all time favorites and would you believe I bought that love theme on I-Tunes earlier this year for my I-Pod. It is conducted by John Williams back when he was with the Boston Pops. Boy, I need the find those episodes on PBS. Another track on that same album is "Stella By Starlight" (Victor Young) from my favorite ghost movie "The Uninvited". Both these have Itzhak Perlman on the violin. Another Herrmann/Hitchcock soundtrack I like is from "Marnie" and of course "Vertigo"
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-25-2020 at 08:06 PM.