Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No. There obviously is not.

The situation you are trying to say will be governed by The Crucible has nothing to do with it.

"Apple..."/"Orange..."
    Right this is pointless I’m not changing my mind about this and you are being argumentative so I’m out

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Right this is pointless I’m not changing my mind about this and you are being argumentative so I’m out
    There is nothing argumentative about pointing out that it is a completely different situation.

The requirement of the crucible implies a penalty against suicide. Otherwise why would anyone do the crucible over a painless suicide. Just because they did not directly state the rule, it’s clear there must have been some edict saying you can’t use suicide. Apocalypse even says a person who kills himself is not worthy to be reborn. You can’t make system like the crucible and then also say “but instead of being beaten to death you can choose euthanasia. That doesn’t make sense.
    I think its not quite a plot hole because we haven't really established those repercussions yet. It's quite possible that suicide puts you at the bottom of the queue, meaning you'll be in the queue for years as opposed to someone like Melody who got to live her life, fight in the Crucible, and be resurrected that day/week or someone like Aurora who was murdered and brought back as soon as she was recovered.

Oh my heart! Seeing Sofia is squeezing it, like ringing a dish towel. Omg. There MUST be more to this. Sofia's motivation hasn't been revealed yet. There may be blackmail. There may be duress. Whatever's convinced her this is necessary, I hope the Five manage to restore her and bring her home to Krakoa.

The twins’ hair color is all wrong.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Mighty Member

This doesn't look interesting and the art is terrible and sketchy. I'll skip this until they get a better artist and writer.

Without Apocalypse, who'll be doing the Crucible? Exodus? One of the mutants who needs to feed on other mutants/people: Selene, Emplate, or Krakoa itself? I hope that barbarity gets scrapped in favour of whatever faith Nightcrawler is pulling out of his blue furred butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Sofia is terrible, bury her next to Wallflower and be done. The two would be better off as Spiderman villains, Non-Purple Girl and Octowoman
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-26-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Without Apocalypse, who'll be doing the Crucible? Exodus? One of the mutants who needs to feed on other mutants/people: Selene, Emplate, or Krakoa itself? I hope that barbarity gets scrapped in favour of whatever faith Nightcrawler is pulling out of his blue furred butt.
    It would be interesting to see if depowered mutants could feed Krakoa still. If the answer is yes I can see Kurt possibly allowing that type of sacrifice in his religion.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It would be interesting to see if depowered mutants could feed Krakoa still. If the answer is yes I can see Kurt possibly allowing that type of sacrifice in his religion.
    I keep wondering if there is a massive pile of rotting bodies somewhere under Krakoa to feed it and what they did with Kitties' bodies being an exception done by Emma, Storm and co. for emotional reasons (since she didn't came back as far as they understood it), while otherwise they don't care about the bodies of their fellows anymore.

The way they otherwise treat their deaths, suggest having a rather disconnected relation to their mortal coils now. So it wouldn't be too out there to think they just throw them on a compost heap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh my heart! Seeing Sofia is squeezing it, like ringing a dish towel. Omg. There MUST be more to this. Sofia's motivation hasn't been revealed yet. There may be blackmail. There may be duress. Whatever's convinced her this is necessary, I hope the Five manage to restore her and bring her home to Krakoa.
    Ever since the replication process and the crucible had been established, i feel there should be a lot more opinions and thought among the mutants, powered or depowered, about it instead of the large scale acceptance, agreement and even the casual perspective on dying that has been displayed so far.

Which makes me think about depowered mutants who wish to be repowered but unwilling to die for it, because they can't know if the version of them that will crawl out of the golden egg, will actualy be them and not just a copy. That's an existencial fear that should be widspread among these kind of characters and no amount of crowd cheering and hype from Storm shouting "Mutant!" should be able to convince everyone.

These depowered mutants in turn might try to play it safe by feigning their deaths, so a repowered version can take their place, while they go into hiding. It would be a win/win situation. If they are wrong, they will eventualy die by natural or unnatural causes, leaving a powered happier version of them behind. If they were right not trusting the system they will still be around to have a better chance at getting their powers back via a better method after everything has imploded.

Perhaps that's why Sofia did this. Feign her death and then go somewhere in the multiverse to make space for her repowered version.

On a similar note. I wonder if mutants who regret their life choices, might ask to be replicated into a younger version of themself, once they die, so they can start new with a blank slate. Those too might be willing to feign their deaths to make space for a "better" version.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-26-2020 at 05:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I keep wondering if there is a massive pile of rotting bodies somewhere under Krakoa to feed it and what they did with Kitties' bodies being an exception done by Emma, Storm and co. for emotional reasons (since she didn't came back as far as they understood it), while otherwise they don't care about the bodies of their fellows anymore.

The way they otherwise treat their deaths, suggest having a rather disconnected relation to their mortal coils now. So it wouldn't be too out there to think they just throw them on a compost heap.

Ever since the replication process and the crucible had been established, i feel there should be a lot more opinions and thought among the mutants, powered or depowered, about it instead of the large scale acceptance, agreement and even the casual perspective on dying that has been displayed so far.

Which makes me think about depowered mutants who wish to be repowered but unwilling to die for it, because they can't know if the version of them that will crawl out of the golden egg, will actualy be them and not just a copy. That's an existencial fear that should be widspread among these kind of characters and no amount of crowd cheering and hype from Storm shouting "Mutant!" should be able to convince everyone.

These depowered mutants in turn might try to play it safe by feigning their deaths, so a repowered version can take their place, while they go into hiding. It would be a win/win situation. If they are wrong, they will eventualy die by natural or unnatural causes, leaving a powered happier version of them behind. If they were right not trusting the system they will still be around to have a better chance at getting their powers back via a better method after everything has imploded.

Perhaps that's why Sofia did this. Feign her death and then go somewhere in the multiverse to make space for her repowered version.

On a similar note. I wonder if mutants who regret their life choices, might ask to be replicated into a younger version of themself, once they die, so they can start new with a blank slate. Those too might be willing to feign their deaths to make space for a "better" version.
    In X-men 7 they said estates was an issue because people were requesting upgrades in their wills. Another reason they had to make the crucible was they had to slow down these requests or they were gonna be sued lol

Spectacular Member

I also took it that if its suicide they just put you in the last queue, since the goal is to bring back every mutant anyway, and the Crucible is just a way for people to get priority in resurrection.

And there are ways to queue hop regardless of manner of death, like if a mutant is considered immediately vital to Krakoa's interests or if someone in a high enough position puts in a request (like Emma asking to bring Jumbo Carnation back as a priority).

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    buuuut her name
    What about her name? Mantega is an Italian surname, just like Ritcher is a German one. I don't know why people think that latinos only have Spanish last names, is not like Americans only have English ones.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

The requirement of the crucible implies a penalty against suicide. Otherwise why would anyone do the crucible over a painless suicide. Just because they did not directly state the rule, it’s clear there must have been some edict saying you can’t use suicide. Apocalypse even says a person who kills himself is not worthy to be reborn. You can’t make system like the crucible and then also say “but instead of being beaten to death you can choose euthanasia. That doesn’t make sense.
    Exactly. Why people just gloss over those details...ridiculous.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The Crucible is basically just a queued suicide by Apocalypse. The only penalties for committing suicide to regain powers via resurrection implied by the text are that it is culturally frowned upon.
    Why put emphasis on the Crucible, then? If it can be ignored, and the penalty is a side eye from Apocalypse, who cares?