Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default X of Swords *Spoilers* Council Situation

So theirs like a couple open spots on the council and more are likely to be opening up soon considering Sinister's little murder relapse, and Shaw's likely going down soon if Marauders pulls through. So I was just wondering do y'all think one now is the time to dissolve the council completely I mean Dawn of X implied this was a temporary situation or is it time to start bringing in new bodies?

Now for me if we're bringing in new people I think Bobby AKA Iceman should be an obvious choice founding member, more mature theses days, and of the 05 he's the only one who really has his **** together Hank & Warren are dumpster fires, just saying Jean's off so Bobby should be in easy choice. Next one I say Selene that broad is shifty so they need t keep an eye on her with Papa Pocalypse off the table she's the only villain that has enough to clout to feel that void IDK what y'all think?

There is zero reprensentative of the sextant on the Council. That's ridiculous and must be fixed.
    (Cypher doesn't count, as he acts as the voice of Krakoa.)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Can we stop pretending that the Quiet Council actually represents mutants and is a hypocritical aristocratic oligarchy that protects the elite in spite of their crimes (Hello, Sebastian Shaw)?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Bei can take Apocalypse's seat. I've seen a lot of people mention Selene, but she doesn't seem as respected as Apocalypse to me, though she may be as feared as he is. Also Selene might have some punishment coming from the Council from whatever it was she was doing in Cap 'Murica.

Warren should take Jean's seat. X-Corp may not have a book of it's own, but it has been established as existing off panel during the Empyre mini, so they should have a seat. Monet would also work, but Warren probably has more philosophically in common with Jean, whereas M is much more pragmatic and would not probably fill the same role that Jean did.

If Shaw is removed they should replace him with Karma. She can use her business connections to be the new Black Queen of the HTC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can we stop pretending that the Quiet Council actually represents mutants and is a hypocritical aristocratic oligarchy that protects the elite in spite of their crimes (Hello, Sebastian Shaw)?
    Yeah, that's right. But there's still a power struggle coming. Shaw's about to get his comeuppance, there's then three seats up for grabs.

It's going to be interesting to see if there are a couple of factions who make a power grab. I think it's quite likely. Even so the whole council is a front for Xavier, Magneto and Moira, but if it's successfully infiltrated it can exert some real influence. I expect that to happen with Mystique involved to bring her wife back.

The scene has already been set to have Cyclops and Jean lead opposition to the council with tacit support from Xavier and Magneto.

The truth about Moira has to come out soon. Now if only there was some clever mutant with a close relationship with her who has a history as a detective and as a member of an international investigation agency, who has close contacts with almost every important mutant.

PREACH

My honest money is on them putting Beast and maybe someone from Arrako on the council to fill the spots. That or they put another card-carrying villain on the council and make it clear that its meant to be a heel turn for Krakoa.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Jeff the Land Shark. Who cares if he's technically not a mutant, or a person.

Astonishing Member

Grand ceser commodore gabby and her grand vizier Jonathan

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

We need a Pet X-Men to have an overdramatic and mediocre Pet Avengers vs Pet X-Men event

Fantastic Member

How about the original Thunderbird?

Has he been resurrected yet? He is probably the only X-Man who never came back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    How about the original Thunderbird?

Has he been resurrected yet? He is probably the only X-Man who never came back to life.
    Evan Sabahnur says hi.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In that regard, Krakoa isn't much different from the human nations/societies it claims or intends to surpass, which is only fair since mutants aren't literally a separate race/species from humans and therefore would retain many of the same human flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Yeah, that's right. But there's still a power struggle coming. Shaw's about to get his comeuppance, there's then three seats up for grabs.

It's going to be interesting to see if there are a couple of factions who make a power grab. I think it's quite likely. Even so the whole council is a front for Xavier, Magneto and Moira, but if it's successfully infiltrated it can exert some real influence. I expect that to happen with Mystique involved to bring her wife back.

The scene has already been set to have Cyclops and Jean lead opposition to the council with tacit support from Xavier and Magneto.

The truth about Moira has to come out soon. Now if only there was some clever mutant with a close relationship with her who has a history as a detective and as a member of an international investigation agency, who has close contacts with almost every important mutant.
    Are you by any chance referring to Sean Cassidy, a.k.a. Banshee?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

There's also vacancy in the captains lounge, with Gorgon gone.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In that regard, Krakoa isn't much different from the human nations/societies it claims or intends to surpass, which is only fair since mutants aren't literally a separate race/species from humans and therefore would retain many of the same human flaws.

Are you by any chance referring to Sean Cassidy, a.k.a. Banshee?
    Out of all the candidates mentioned, I think Banshee or Beast makes the most sense. Betsy could do it too, but maybe she has her hands full?

I nominate Namor and Selene