Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    They really have to explain better. for now seems like her power is not to lose by being swithing to the winning side
    She knew Magik was trying to trick her and how to win the cups game. It’s more than switching sides.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    She knew Magik was trying to trick her and how to win the cups game. It’s more than switching sides.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the party games and how they tested her. Her power, beyond switching sides, made her a savant at everything, too. If they build on that, that's one aspect of this event that had some nuance.

Spectacular Member

We see that she only turned when it was looking like --|A|-- overcome the control and she even described it as more of a feeling to her than just getting knowledge that their side was gonna lose, not earlier or after the surrender. As such, I believe if put in the Council her body would just automatically raise for the majority or she'd end up not voting and get compelled to leave/take action if it will pose an immediate danger to her. I mean its not like her powers led to the rest of her team winning their fights, its mostly on herself so the rest of the X-men could lose as long as she won in something.

The way I see it, Isca's power is more closer to Darwin than it is to Domino as everyone else believed how it would work. Of course the difference is Darwin's lets him live through anything while Isca's supposedly is about winning, this seems to me a point that her weakness would come if the condition to win requires her death or something. I'd say the most important thing we need to know of how her powers really work is how much is it consciously Isca's decision and if she can adjust what her "win" condition is.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    We see that she only turned when it was looking like --|A|-- overcome the control and she even described it as more of a feeling to her than just getting knowledge that their side was gonna lose, not earlier or after the surrender. As such, I believe if put in the Council her body would just automatically raise for the majority or she'd end up not voting and get compelled to leave/take action if it will pose an immediate danger to her. I mean its not like her powers led to the rest of her team winning their fights, its mostly on herself so the rest of the X-men could lose as long as she won in something.

The way I see it, Isca's power is more closer to Darwin than it is to Domino as everyone else believed how it would work. Of course the difference is Darwin's lets him live through anything while Isca's supposedly is about winning, this seems to me a point that her weakness would come if the condition to win requires her death or something. I'd say the most important thing we need to know of how her powers really work is how much is it consciously Isca's decision and if she can adjust what her "win" condition is.
    Yeah, that's the issue. How does information and her mental state affect her powers. She seems to have been mostly autonomous until now. What if she was given the position of leadership of Arrako by Genesis, the only person she seems to care about, and thus now Arrako is considered an extension of herself. Does this allow her to now put others in a position to "always win"?

If she has information, does she allow herself to "lose" in the short-term so that she can win a long game? Does that mean, if on the QC, she can be part of the losing vote, because that choice was the correct one?

Astonishing Member

I've seen a lot of votes for Sunspot I agree. He had so much character building that has fallen to the backburner. I want him back front and center on the council.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Summer- Storm , Nightcrawler, Colossus

Summer is all about the heart of the X men. Believing in goodness and justice and such like that. I think that Colossus is a perfect spot for him since he is still not really into all of the fighting. Being in this seat will allow him to help the mutants while not having to fight himself.
    Colossus being tapped for a seat could also be seen as an implicit slap at Beast and his anti-Russian mutant BS.

Which means I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Pocky sub: Living Monolith

Jean sub: Vance Astrovik
    Yes! I love BOTH of these suggestions!

I want Moonstar in Jean's place. Sure, she's been pretty useless in Dawn of X due to Brisson's terrible take on her and Hickman's focus on Sam & Berto, but I can't think of anyone who'd better represent the Sextant and they should get at least one council member.
    I want Berto in Shaw's seat representing X-Corp.

Loving all this love for Roberto, and I'm going to add to it. I'd swap:
    Sunspot for Shaw
    Xorn for Jean (The non Magneto impersonating brother)
    Isca for Apocalypse

Also Bei for the new Captain

All the points I've read about Isca being a bad choice are all super valid, BUT she doesn't have to stay on the council indefinably. Also she was loyal to the Arrako cause for thousands of years before her powers caused her to switch sides.

BANNED

people are counting too much on Shaw losing his seat, I don't think it will be easy. he didn't commit any crime

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    people are counting too much on Shaw losing his seat, I don't think it will be easy. he didn't commit any crime
    Huh...he killed Kitty.

Killing other mutants is a crime. A less serious than killing humans (because after all it is reversible) but a crime nonetheless.

That's why Greycrow is in Hellions.

Extraordinary Member

And Shaw thought it would be permanent, which makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Killing other mutants is a crime. A less serious than killing humans (because after all it is reversible) but a crime nonetheless.

That's why Greycrow is in Hellions.
    He's there because he killed a lot of mutants. All the Morlocks to be exact.

I don't think you will get in trouble for just killing one, people will let that slide. However if you are controlling mass of people in to killing each other (Empath) they step in

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I think Magneto should offer Lorna to take Jean's seat
    I agree. Technically Lorna is not an original X-Men member, but she has been around since the late sixties which is ALMOST original(she was there after the 05, but before the Giant-Size X-Men including Storm and Nightcrawler). BTW, her and her father may have the same powers(besides some small/minor differences)but they have different minds and Polaris while not ‘evil’ lie Magnwto(don’t worry, I know Magneto isn’t evil, he’s my favorite mutant and I actually believe in him and am obsessed, I’m just using evil as a general and loose term)she’s also no Jean Grey, she had somewhat lost faith in humanity and it’ll throw an Ace card into the Summers part of the Council, I have a feeling she will disagree with Magneto in some stuff and agree with Mags on others.(which may upset the Summers council members). Plus I am MAD about how they’re pushing her to the side in X-Factor, they should make her leader, unless she’s going to be doing something important outside of X-Factor. P.S. Lorna survived the Genosha genocide, I feel like everyone forgets that...and she has lead teams effectively before and is powerful and wise. Please please! Marvel! Put her on the Council if it’s the last thing you do, I am desperate.

Although Marvel probably won’t do this and in this case Beast in my second option, he’s VERY SHADY with his genocide and racism and it will cause conflict and drama(and what’s a story without that?)

And if Mister Sinister is booted(although that may be difficult because I’m sure he’ll have some kind of backup plan, plus he helped create the resurrection process and what if he finds some way to tamper them/take them away. In one reality he did betray mutant kind so I am nervous about what he may do)he should be replaced with Namor(he and Magneto-And Emma kind of have an alliance of sorts if you read Giant Size XMen Magneto you’ll see it there)who I think would obey but would create conflict and funny moments with his arrogance, and irrationality.

Then I also think that after Shaw is dealt with Selene should take his place, because she has ties with the hellfire club and her and Emma can EASILY be antagonists(I know she’s pretty evil, but you need some kind of ‘villain’ of sorts...and her villains will likely be different from Shaw’s...it will be portrayed in a different way that Shaw’s.)

As for Apoc’s seat, I think that an The Arakko should take his place(not Isca...maybe Cypher’s Wife).

And for the Captains...well I’m not sure, but I think maybe Rogue...or Wolverine...hell maybe even Dani Moon!