Astonishing Member

Question weakest Magic user that can kill Superman

what the weakest Magic User that can kill Superman(preferably by transmuting his organs into Kryptonites, as this was probably the only way Magic spells can kill Superman)?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

why transmutation? His super-toughness doesn't work on Magic, so why not just drop giant fireballs on him?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    why transmutation? His super-toughness doesn't work on Magic, so why not just drop giant fireballs on him?
    He takes magic lightning bolts just fine, actually.

How about Hermione Granger with Avadra Kedavra?

Is Superman immune to magic these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    How about Hermione Granger with Avadra Kedavra?

Is Superman immune to magic these days?
    But is Superman allowed to move and fight back, or does he have to stand there and take the magic? Because if its the former, then you've got to go WAAAAAAY down the magic user list to find someone who is even fast enough to let off a spell before Supes takes them out.

Like Hermione Granger. He takes her wand and snaps it into several pieces (or just heat visions it) before she even begins to think the the first syllable of Avada Kedavra, much less begins to speak it.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

maybe Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    But is Superman allowed to move and fight back, or does he have to stand there and take the magic? Because if its the former, then you've got to go WAAAAAAY down the magic user list to find someone who is even fast enough to let off a spell before Supes takes them out.

Like Hermione Granger. He takes her wand and snaps it into several pieces (or just heat visions it) before she even begins to think the the first syllable of Avada Kedavra, much less begins to speak it.
    I can't tell from the OP if this is a standard arena fight or if Superman is supposed to just stand and take it. I assumed the later.

Obviously, in an arena situation, all Superman has to do is heat vision most opponents at super-speed, which I would guess is nanoseconds or even less.

So, yes, if Superman is fighting back, you'd either need tremendously tough auto-shields or massive invulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He takes magic lightning bolts just fine, actually.
    Depends on the writer of course, but it seems like Superman would be fine against magic that summoned regular lightning, but less fine against magical lightning. Captain Marvel certainly F-ed him up in Kingdom Come with magical lightning.

Taking the title literally, the weakest (i.e. lowest physical strength) magic users might be either Elric of Melnibone or Raistlin. Elric's magic generally involved summoning demons or elementals or Beast Lords, and was therefore pretty slow. But if Superman is just going to stand there, maybe the right demon could mess him up. His god-slaying sword Stormbringer could definitely end Superman, but that doesn't feel like it would be in the spirit of this topic. Raistlin can definitely fireball, and if that fire is magical it might be enough to kill Superman, but it feels dubious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    cuz it can bypass Superman's durability better than even (magical) fireballs
    Last edited by Masonicon; 11-26-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If this is "Superman stands there and eats spell without resistance" then any magic user capable of soul rips or transmutation can definitely off him, and many just emitting magical attacks likely can as well. If Superman gets to actively resist, you are going to need to be Classic Strange level at least to have a chance.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Not sure about current Superman but Post Crisis he was all over the place in terms of magic weakness. One day he would be cut by a magic playing card and the next he's wading through a continual magical deathray that took out the rest of the JL.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I believe in Post-Crisis, at least, we generally tended to default to Superman having no special resistance to magic, but also no specific weakness to it. Like, he can't keep even a weak mage from teleporting him wherever they felt like (provided that said mage actually got a chance to fire off said spell, of course), but by that same token you would need to be using forces sufficient to harm something as durable as a fully charged Kryptonian if you want to do anything of note to him with direct, non-esoteric, damage.

That said, the answer to this question is probably some sort of ghost mage who can cast esoteric spells on Clark while being too intangible to actually retaliate against. Heck, unless the ghost is vulnerable to sunlight, they may be able to just possess Clark, especially now that Torqasm Vo is no longer a thing.

Please tell me that Torqasm Vo is no longer a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I believe in Post-Crisis, at least, we generally tended to default to Superman having no special resistance to magic, but also no specific weakness to it. Like, he can't keep even a weak mage from teleporting him wherever they felt like (provided that said mage actually got a chance to fire off said spell, of course), but by that same token you would need to be using forces sufficient to harm something as durable as a fully charged Kryptonian if you want to do anything of note to him with direct, non-esoteric, damage.

That said, the answer to this question is probably some sort of ghost mage who can cast esoteric spells on Clark while being too intangible to actually retaliate against. Heck, unless the ghost is vulnerable to sunlight, they may be able to just possess Clark, especially now that Torqasm Vo is no longer a thing.

Please tell me that Torqasm Vo is no longer a thing.

I guess Deadman would probably be the best candidate in that scenario.