This thread is in response to another thread that asks the question: are you sick of how everybody and their sister can lift Mjolnir? The answer is a resounding "yes!" It was cool when Walt Simonson did it with Beta Ray Bill because it was unprecedented. Then, Tom Defalco had Captain America lift it, and I said "okay" because it was Captain "frigging" America! Now, anyone can do it - literally.

The big problem with Mjolnir is how nebulous the term "worthy" is. This is something future Thor writers and editors ought to give some thought to. If being worthy means, having a nobility of spirit and being selfless then there are any number of Marvel heroes who could be worthy including but not limited to: Black Panther, Storm, Captain Marvel, Captain Britain (Betsy), maybe even Wolverine. The list would never end. Then, there's Jane Foster. What exactly made her worthy? Was it simply her belief that the world still needed gods (like Thor)? Was she just the right woman at the right time? Because, aside from that, Jane is just an ordinary person,a good person, but just an above average human being.

I hope other readers will add their takes on what makes a person worthy of lifting a Mjolnir, but let me start with something obvious. To be worthy means to have performed many many heroic and selfless acts, so many that it would be virtually impossible for someone with a normal human lifespan to perform them all.