Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Are Much of a Covid Risk Are Comic Book Stores?

Book stores too.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Good lord. I meant: How much of a covid risk are comic book stores.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, the risk of COVID is literally everywhere when you get right down to it, not just at comic shops. But, I digress, the shop I frequent in downtown Philly initiated all the proper protocols: masks for staff and customers, limited numbers of people in the shop (5) and a plexiglas barrier at the register. I've felt safe visiting the shop have had no fear of contracting the virus.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spectacular Member

There's also a 15 minute guideline to look at. close quarters is ok for a little bit so long as Masks and there's a limit to the number a people.

Book stores are rarely spacious. They are often so full of books you have barely the space to move around.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

How well ventilated is it? How much room is there to navigate, and distance from people? How long are you in there?

I don't have an LCS anymore, but if I did, I'd call, tell them what I want, go pick it up and leave. No browsing. I don't need to risk it, and the staff don't need to risk it. Comic Shop employees don't get paid enough for the risk.