Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Point, though if I recall right, even in the Immortal Hulk comics, Ewing makes a distinction between real-world gamma radiation and the hell-spawned gamma radiation that created the Hulk and others like him.
    Real-world gamma radiation vs. hell-spawned gamma radiation is still a little problematic. Both the Silver Surfer and Havok have been shown on panel, established canon, draining the Hulk's gamma energy and returning him to Bruce Banner. Further, Captain, er, Monica Rambeau has been shown on panel, in canon, boosting She-Hulk's strength with "real-world gamma radiation." Human Torch can't absorb hell fire. He can't expunge it, either. Lastly, let's not forget that Red Hulk can absorb energies, including real world gamma energies. I wonder how the writers are going to address this obvious continuity gap/gaffe when it comes to Hulk's new Hell-based gamma origin?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-28-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Are the Hulk and similar Gamma beings Hell-spawns? If that’s the case, then the Hulk and Red Hulk have “good” control of their Demons. It’s not what I imagined the Hulk was based on. To my mind, I did think the Hulk came from another dimension, and was a completely different being to Bruce Banner, but this new concept sounds like the Asgardian Culs emissaries in Fear Itself - just berserker entities intent on nothing but destruction.
    I'm just hoping that they're not trying to say that the Banner/Hulk is harnessing a demon and therefore is not responsible for either his rage or his actions. We're too deep into the game for "the devil made me do it."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Real-world gamma radiation vs. hell-spawned gamma radiation is still a little problematic. Both the Silver Surfer and Havok have been shown on panel, established canon, draining the Hulk's gamma energy and returning him to Bruce Banner. Further, Captain, er, Monica Rambeau has been show on panel, in canon, boosting She-Hulk's strength with "real-world gamma radiation." Human Torch can't absorb hell fire. He can't expunge it, either. Lastly, let's not forget that Red Hulk can absorb energies, including real world gamma energies. I wonder how the writers are going to address this obvious continuity gap/gaffe when it comes to Hulk's new Hell-based gamma origin?
    Good points. I'd say the rationale could be "energy is energy," since most of the characters you mentioned are energy absorbers and manipulators, but you raise a good point about how this jives (or doesn't) with previous Hulk continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm just hoping that they're not trying to say that the Banner/Hulk is harnessing a demon and therefore is not responsible for either his rage or his actions. We're too deep into the game for "the devil made me do it."
    He is tapping into hellish energy, but that doesn't mean he's literally possessed by a demon or anything other than what spawned from his own psychological trauma. The One Below All may be trying to mold him into its perfect vessel of destruction, but you are right in that it's not like Bruce/Hulk doesn't have agency or responsibility for his/their own actions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.