Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 236
  1. #61
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Black Tom literally built a statue to his best-bud Cain. And Franklin was presumably friends with people not named Charles Xavier.
    Franklin was in Krakoa with friends in the last FF issue. I think the main issue here is some people are so obsessed with hating the run that they started thinking that things they want to be true actually happened or happen in the actual books

  2. #62
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Franklin was in Krakoa with friends in the last FF issue. I think the main issue here is some people are so obsessed with hating the run that they started thinking that things they want to be true actually happened or happen in the actual books
    I think you got the wrong idea here, people dislike it BECAUSE Franklin should have friends that are more than willing to invite him even if he's not a mutant, there's no reason at all for Xavier to message Franklin he's not allowed for not being mutant. he can break the news that they can't fix Franklin since he's not a mutant and so he wouldn't waste his time looking/asking there, but he's not barred from going in if one of the mutants friendly with him invites him in.
    Last edited by silvercover; 11-29-2020 at 06:21 PM.

  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Da Souf
    Posts
    5,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    I think you got the wrong idea here, people dislike it BECAUSE Franklin should have friends that are more than willing to invite him even if he's not a mutant, there's no reason at all for Xavier to message Franklin he's not allowed for not being mutant. he can break the news that they can't fix Franklin since he's not a mutant and so he wouldn't waste his time looking/asking there, but he's not barred from going in if one of the mutants friendly with him invites him in.
    Well the story is still going on sooo who knows if that's what actually happened.

    But anyway Artie and Leech are with the FF I can't remember what other mutants Franklin chills with
    GrindrStone(D)

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Black Tom literally built a statue to his best-bud Cain. And Franklin was presumably friends with people not named Charles Xavier.
    But Xavier doesn't want Cain to enter Krakoa because ... well, it shouldn't be necessary to explain why Xavier doesn't want Cain around.

  5. #65
    Mighty Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But Xavier doesn't want Cain to enter Krakoa because ... well, it shouldn't be necessary to explain why Xavier doesn't want Cain around.
    Actually it should be, because one of the last things Cain did before this relaunch was help the X-men out in Limbo. He hasn't been a card carrying villain for a long while, and is probably a better person than half the council. Including Xavier.

  6. #66
    Incredible Member ETMike1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well the story is still going on sooo who knows if that's what actually happened.

    But anyway Artie and Leech are with the FF I can't remember what other mutants Franklin chills with
    Maybe Shadowcat also want to meet with him again... But she can't use the gates so she need somebody else for allowing Franklin to go back to Krakoa using the gates.

  7. #67
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    I think you got the wrong idea here, people dislike it BECAUSE Franklin should have friends that are more than willing to invite him even if he's not a mutant, there's no reason at all for Xavier to message Franklin he's not allowed for not being mutant. he can break the news that they can't fix Franklin since he's not a mutant and so he wouldn't waste his time looking/asking there, but he's not barred from going in if one of the mutants friendly with him invites him in.
    Blame that on Slott....who may or may not have ran his Xavier/not Mutant Franklin plot and dialogue by HiX-Man before the issue went to publish.
    For discussion sake lt's say he did...and HiX-Man said: "Yeah...whatever, Slotty. Knock yourself out. I had already abandoned that useless plot anyways."
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  8. #68
    Extraordinary Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Actually it should be, because one of the last things Cain did before this relaunch was help the X-men out in Limbo. He hasn't been a card carrying villain for a long while, and is probably a better person than half the council. Including Xavier.
    I am speaking of purely personal reasons. Xavier doesn't want Cain around.

  9. #69
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In one point, we basically have the characters basically declaring in one breath that their culture is better than that of humans while in another speaking of how they value their culture outside of Krakoan culture. It’s giving mixed messages while not really following the rule of ‘show, don’t tell’. As things stand, really only Wolverine and Dust are the most believable in making a statement of being a part of both cultures since they still walk in both worlds.
    ive only seen people projecting that onto scenes tbh

    Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    yeah you can sorta see it in how some books will say no humans are allowed as its only for mutants despite how we literally have Northstar's husband living there, Shogo, Brian was invited by Betsy if he wanted, Broo and that friend of Forge in Marauders where they put him on Krakoa temporarily for protection. meanwhile books like Deadpool, FF and X-men mini, FF and Juggernaut has it sound like the mutants heavily forbid any non-mutants from being on.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Black Tom literally built a statue to his best-bud Cain. And Franklin was presumably friends with people not named Charles Xavier.
    I have an answer for u : a lack of collaboration / respect for the work of others behind the scenes
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 11-30-2020 at 03:24 PM.

  10. #70
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Creating a new Mutant-Krakoan culture isn't the same as assimilation. The only thing that's really being forced on mutants is the new Krakoa language that is automatically downloaded in their mind once they pass a gate. Nowhere was it stated that you must leave all your culture and heritage behind once you choice to live on Krakoa. Some mutants choice to leave all of it behind because of the persecution, pain and ostracisation they've suffered and start anew but it isn't true for all mutants. From what we've seen throughout the books and across issues is that new rituals have been created (resurrection protocols, crucible and etc) and mutants can pick and choose what part of Krakoa they want to adopt, mutants can still live outside of Krakoa if they choose, they can still come and go ass they please, and they're free to practise whatever religion or culture they want. The only rules they're obligated to follow are the Krakoan laws of no killing any life. Kitty getting a viking funeral instead of a Shiva and no Kaddish recital has more to do with the writer being non jewish and not doing any sort of research on jewish funeral and rites than Krakoa assimilation.

  11. #71
    Fantastic Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    ive only seen people projecting that onto scenes tbh
    "You have new gods now"? From the very start of the run?

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    "You have new gods now"? From the very start of the run?
    Magneto's opinions are not the official culture of Krakoa.

  13. #73
    Fantastic Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Magneto and Xavier basically run Krakoa even if you dont include all the Moira behind the scenes stuff. How is he not representative of their government?

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Magneto and Xavier basically run Krakoa even if you dont include all the Moira behind the scenes stuff. How is he not representative of their government?
    Before I start I just want to let you know, all respect.

    If you want to get deep into it(which I know is not really necessary and probably pretty annoying but I’m going to do it anyways)a god(not GOD but a god)is by some definitions a being that is placed above what the current status quo for average persons are(so by some people’s definition, such as Magneto...who believes and always has believed even when he was with the X-Men...that mutants are superior than humans...this is something he would say and goes along with his character), other definitions just an immortal being(which mutants are, yes if one of the five is killed then they are no longer immortal...but just because you can be killed doesn’t mean you aren’t immortal if that makes sense? Such as Mister Sinister is immortal but he can be killed, Vampires, depending on the circumstances and which universe, are also immortal, but can still be killed. And immortality is different from invulnerability and being an external)

    And yes, Magneto is pretty much one of the big head of government hit he doesn’t represent everyone. We don’t see Wolverine marching into Central Park and being like ‘I am a God! Bow down before me!’ He’s not Thor and yes I know Thor has progressed and changed and is no longer like that...and when he does say things like that nowadays it’s pretty much a joke. Heads of government don’t speak for everyone in their country or sometimes even a majority of the country. Because sometimes let’s say if they were voted in people only agree with part of their polices and not all of them. Or you voted for someone else, but democracy won out and you got a person you didn’t want. Such as the U.S(a place I live)in IRL, not everyone in America supports Donald Trump(I don’t mean to bring politics into this this is just a respectful discussion about comic books, which aren’t real). And back when Obama was in Office not everyone supported him. If you want to go back in time some to the 20th Century, not everyone in Russia supported Jospeh Stalin, not everyone in Italy supported Mussolini. Good bad, evil, or somewhere in-between there will always be some(or a lot)or people who don’t support heads of state, or they support them but not EVERYTHING they say.

    So yeah...that’s just an explanation kind of about your point...basically me going into partially-unceccesarioy deep detail.

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Magneto and Xavier basically run Krakoa even if you dont include all the Moira behind the scenes stuff. How is he not representative of their government?
    What does that have to do with Krakoan culture? Has he been setting up Tiki bars and practicing the Crucible at every international meeting he attends?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

    THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •