Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We still don't know if those people were left unconscious or dead.
    There is quite literally a data page, in the book itself. That states it's a genocide.

"We don't know"
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 12-06-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Even 90s and early 2000's. Is there a reason why more people don't want this? And are determined this is the true Beast? Other than they don't like retcons (that doesn't seem to usually be the case). I mean people who have read him before should know that is not how he always was but they usually mention OOC behavior for others?
    Yes, one of those things I just don't get is Marvel's insistence on this characterization for Beast for nearly 15 years now. It's not possible they just haven't realized how he passed from one of the X-men everyone loved to one everyone hates. It's just bizarre.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yes, one of those things I just don't get is Marvel's insistence on this characterization for Beast for nearly 15 years now. It's not possible they just haven't realized how he passed from one of the X-men everyone loved to one everyone hates. It's just bizarre.
    Pretty sure it's an X-office thing more than a Marvel thing. Most books outside of X-men just treat him like kooky guy pal of Wonderman he was in the 80s;

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    There is quite literally a data page, in the book itself. That states it's a genocide.

"We don't know"
    "And in doing so he very well might be responsible for the death of a nation, the genocide of the Terra verdean people"

Textual words.

Might.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In my reading and understanding...
    I took "might be responsible" to be ascribed to his part in "f*ckin thing up with a poorly conceived decision" that, in conjunction with the actual God/Parasite/WTF-ever, led to the genocide of Terra Verdeans.

He wasn't the sole arbiter, nor even the actual, direct cause of the genocide but "...for the death of a nation" is a definitive consequence of his actions.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Until Terra Verde is mentioned again, I still don't know if the people there were left unconscious or dead when the connection to the plants was severed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Pretty sure it's an X-office thing more than a Marvel thing. Most books outside of X-men just treat him like kooky guy pal of Wonderman he was in the 80s;
    Morrison really screwed up Beast. It really seems like making him do mistakes it is a thing that X-office loves to do. There is too few differences between him and the Dark Beast

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Morrison really screwed up Beast. It really seems like making him do mistakes it is a thing that X-office loves to do. There is too few differences between him and the Dark Beast
    With Morrison, he was still a good guy who cared about his friends, was just a little depressed about his changing in appearance. This non-sense started with Fraction.

Until Terra Verde is mentioned again, I still don't know if the people there were left unconscious or dead when the connection to the plants was severed.
    Some of one and most of the other? I'm guessing.

"genocide" does not necessarily mean ALL 100% of the people are dead and gone.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The "problem with Beast" is that they used him to speak out all the criticisms of Cyclops to totally irrational points, like when he insulted him in the middle of Nightcrawler's funeral.

Now he can't even get into Cyclops so instead of being an "anti-Scott jerk" he's just a jerk.

Anyway, I don't understand what X-Force has to do with assimilation.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Beyond changing his physical appearance, Morrison didn't do anything to change Beast character wise. There is no trace of his current characterization in that run. They did not pull this crap from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Beyond changing his physical appearance, Morrison didn't do anything to change Beast character wise. There is no trace of his current characterization in that run. They did not pull this crap from there.
    Exactatiously.
    I really do wish some would actually read the books/characters they are trying hard to disparage. It would give more weight and validity to their opinions.

The "problem with Beast" is that they used him to speak out all the criticisms of Cyclops to totally irrational points, like when he insulted him in the middle of Nightcrawler's funeral.
    What makes it worst is that Marvel seems to think he was in the right in his criticisms, so they don't get fan reaction.

Nothing, but then again the idea that Krakoa is about assimilation is blatantly false, so, what the heck?

BANNED

Now he can't even get into Cyclops so instead of being an "anti-Scott jerk" he's just a jerk.

Beast was right to call out on Scott, people might not like how it happened but that is a small detail

Beast was right to call out on Scott, people might not like how it happened but that is a small detail
    "Small detail" = Almost destroyed spacetime.