Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I am not expecting much really until Covid is over and the markets return to normal.

In fact I'm happy putting a pause on the titles I would eventually expect to see (Green Arrow, JSA, BOP, a rebooted Legion, Constantine) until that time.

Personally, I would really like a BL series, but with the show slated for cancellation, probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they just randomly threw her into a Batgirl comic but I think it's way too early to give Ryan Wilder a book.
    They could just put her on the Batgirls book with Babs, Cass and Steph. It was Barbara's book she debuted in after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Bendis said he will be continuing writing LoS. What is clear is than the first arc is what will be finished. What is could be possible is than Jon Kent will be put out of that book and returned to his previous age.
    If Bendis had said this (and I am not doubting it), the Future State Legion issues make more sense and a LSH 13 in March seems a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Back on topic....
    Legion after Future State IS on topic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I am not expecting much really until Covid is over and the markets return to normal.
    I wouldn't hold my breath for that. I don't think DC (or a lot of things) will return to how things were before the pandemic, and I'm not sure the company even wants to.

As for what titles to expect...I don't know, the usual. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern...that sort of stuff. DC might try some things a bit more out of its comfort zone, but those will probably be digital first series and/or one-shots, if that makes any difference. As to what we may see there, it could be anything.

I think Future State is a good indication of the titles that will follow through into March. Titles like Supergirl and Shazam are there, so I can see them getting a relaunch. There could be some new titles introduced as well, since there's a Robin and Yara WW book there. Although FS was constructed under Didio & Crew, so I can see some of these being dropped dependant on what Javins and the New Crew want to do, which is allegedly to trim the line (is this a rumour? I can't keep all this info straight).

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I was slightly disappointed the Super-Sons series isn't part of the relaunch and in the present, but I'm happy we're getting it and hoping it will lead to Jon's age up being undone and getting Super-Sons back in the present main continuity.
    I very much doubt Jon is gonna be de-aged, I see Damian being aged up over that. I expect a Superboy book too.

Jon being aged up has no bearing on Super Sons, the book could still happen, it's just the stories would all take place in the past.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I very much doubt Jon is gonna be de-aged, I see Damian being aged up over that. I expect a Superboy book too.

Jon being aged up has no bearing on Super Sons, the book could still happen, it's just the stories would all take place in the past.
    I've made my opinions quite clear on this, I disliked the idea of Jon being aged up to begin with, and I absolutely hate the mechanism by which it was accomplished, with Jon being tortured on Earth 3 for seven years from 10-17 and find intolerable. I've decided that in order for me to come back to the Superman books, they will need to fix and give Jon back those stolen years, preferably by rescuing his younger self from Earth 3. I don't care if they put Mark Waid or whoever on the Superman books. I'm not picking them up until Jon is fixed. I'm standing my ground on this and going to keep fighting.

Challenge is nice, and I'm thankful for it, and I'll get it. But I won't accept that Jon's main canon future fate is to be tortured for the entirety of his pre-teen and teen years. It needs to be undone and fixed. Similarly, I don't just want Super-Sons to become an alternate continuity thing while the main version of Jon keeps this as his canon fate.

The usual:
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    The Flash

I hope they put Venditti on a JSA book, with Fernando Pasarin on art, they could continue his work from Hawkman.

Also, maybe they will keep the anthology format they're using on Future State, so Action Comics will feature stories about other characters under the Superman editorial control, the same thing with Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They could just put her on the Batgirls book with Babs, Cass and Steph. It was Barbara's book she debuted in after all.
    The trailer for her Batwoman makes her look like a Batgirl in terms of demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The usual:
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    The Flash

I hope they put Venditti on a JSA book, with Fernando Pasarin on art, they could continue his work from Hawkman.

Also, maybe they will keep the anthology format they're using on Future State, so Action Comics will feature stories about other characters under the Superman editorial control, the same thing with Detective Comics.
    They tried the anthology route in the past and it didn’t work. People didn’t want to have to pay $8 to read, say, a Supergirl story in an anthology rather than just pay $4.99 for a Supergirl book. Will be interesting to see how the Future State books do.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I've made my opinions quite clear on this, I disliked the idea of Jon being aged up to begin with, and I absolutely hate the mechanism by which it was accomplished, with Jon being tortured on Earth 3 for seven years from 10-17 and find intolerable. I've decided that in order for me to come back to the Superman books, they will need to fix and give Jon back those stolen years, preferably by rescuing his younger self from Earth 3. I don't care if they put Mark Waid or whoever on the Superman books. I'm not picking them up until Jon is fixed. I'm standing my ground on this and going to keep fighting.

Challenge is nice, and I'm thankful for it, and I'll get it. But I won't accept that Jon's main canon future fate is to be tortured for the entirety of his pre-teen and teen years. It needs to be undone and fixed. Similarly, I don't just want Super-Sons to become an alternate continuity thing while the main version of Jon keeps this as his canon fate.
    i find it odd that Dc never seems to learn.

A big part of why the Supersons maxi wasn't as beloved as the original Supersons series was the lack of stakes [if fan comments are truthful]

to launch another series without Stakes since it's set in the past coupled with the fact that DC is currently pushing a future where Damian Wayne is either dead, evil or simply evaporated into thin air.

Curious to find out Supersons fans who follow comics rally for this relaunch.

The supersons have no future.

My daughter is excited for the relaunch but she isn't a huge comicbook fan so is unaware of Future State, Jon being aged up or even that this new series is set in the past.

I commend you for standing your ground though by supporting this new SS title aren't you supporting what you don't want?
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-27-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They tried the anthology route in the past and it didn’t work. People didn’t want to have to pay $8 to read, say, a Supergirl story in an anthology rather than just pay $4.99 for a Supergirl book. Will be interesting to see how the Future State books do.
    Hopefully Supergirl still gets a book (and doesn't get turned evil).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    i find it odd that Dc never seems to learn.

A big part of why the Supersons maxi wasn't as beloved as the original Supersons series was the lack of stakes [if fan comments are truthful]

to launch another series without Stakes since it's set in the past coupled with the fact that DC is currently pushing a future where Damian Wayne is either dead, evil or simply evaporated into thin air.

Curious to find out Supersons fans who follow comics rally for this relaunch.

My daughter is excited for the relaunch but she isn't a huge comicbook fan so is unaware of Future State, Jon being aged up or even that this new series is set in the past.

I commend you for standing your ground though by supporting this new SS title aren't you supporting what you don't want?
    It's not always easy to send DC the exact message on what we want, know if they're listening to you, or get them to deliver on it. The idea is that by supporting the younger version of Jon, and Super-Sons, while continuing to boycott the main universe Superman books and speaking out on the situation, they'll eventually concede and return the main universe to how he was. The later two, not supporting the main universe Superman books until the younger Jon is back, and continuing to complain about what happed to the main universe Jon, are just as important as the first, supporting the younger version of Jon in whatever way we can. Will DC get the message? I have no idea. Assuming they aren't already planning to bring back the younger Jon, I guess the biggest opposing factor would be can they get the main universe Superman books sufficiently successful under the next writer without bringing back the younger Jon. If they are, then I guess getting Super-Sons to continue in a fashion that clearly disavows the main universe fate for Jon a consolation prize. I still think I wouldn't forgive them enough to start picking up Action or Superman, myself though.

We'll have to wait and see. I might be little disappointed, but I'm still optimistic. Right now the situation is very fixable. DC hasn't burned their bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It didn't help that it was of lower quality than previous ongoing. And to be honest I'm baffled why the old series was cancelled and we got a maxi instead, could have easily continued the same ongoing by saying that it happens before Superman #1 or whatever.

But quality aside it was definitely a big hype kill when we all realised that it might be their last bigger story together. For example, I didn't like crossover that we got in original series at all, I think it was worse than maxi series. But at that moment it still looked like we'll be getting more Supersons so you know, dip in quality is easier to stomach when you think that more good stuff might follow.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly, even if future state anthology's sell well, people know those books only last for 2 months. I feel like sales could be different if the format becomes ongoing. 8$ for 2 or 3 issues in one, if you only read 1 of those books may be a bad deal for some.