Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Before March Solicitations Are Released, What Comics Do You Expect to See?

Thinking about all the interviews and the rumors and your own guesses, what comics do you expect to see in March.

My guesses:

Detective Comics
    Batman
    Second Tynion batman book
    Nightwing
    Batgirls
    Red Hood or Red Hood & the Outlaws
    Catwoman
    Harley
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Superboy
    Supergirl or Superwoman
    Wonder Woman
    Wonder Girl aka Yara
    Titans Academy
    Suicide Squad
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    The Flash
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Legion of Superheroes

-----

Some other comics I think are coming but am not sure about (but could possibly come down later in 2021) is:

Something with the New Gods.
    Another Outsiders book...
    Tim led book.
    Teen Titans and/or Young Justice book
    A Shazam and/or Black Adam book
    Something with Nubia.
    The rumored Superman & The Authority book.
    Rumored Batman and Robin book.
    Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens and Grifters (from Future State), and maybe another team book and another green lantern one are comics I'm even more unsure about.

~~~~

I remember earlier this year, while I was reading new solicitations, I counted how many DC related comics were being published and it was over 50, so with the rumors of them publishing less comics, I think I kept this under 35, plus some of these could be minis, maxis, limited, or digital runs.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-26-2020 at 12:56 PM.

I think something with the New Gods would make sense given the Jog reveal in suicide squad this week and Mister Miracle popping up in Future State. Batgirls makes sense too given all the lead-up for them and their presence in Future State. a longer form Vixen series, again, would make sense given the movie rumors, her popping up in Future State, and the reception to her leading the first story in Truth & Justice. This may be wishful thinking but I think something for Duke could be on the horizon too because he appears to be on a bit of a roll lately; he just wrapped up with Outsiders, his story in Robin King was received more favorably than the main story (at least from what i've seen), he had a little cameo in Death Metal, he has a starring role in Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Metal, and he's also popping up in Future State too.

I'm not sure how i feel about the odds of another Outsiders book but I would want to see a Black Lightning book.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-26-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Thinking about all the interviews and the rumors and your own guesses, what comics do you expect to see in March.

My guesses:

Detective Comics
    Batman
    Second Tynion batman book
    Nightwing
    Batgirls
    Red Hood or Red Hood & the Outlaws
    Catwoman
    Harley
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Superboy
    Supergirl or Superwoman
    Wonder Woman
    Wonder Girl aka Yara
    Titans Academy
    Suicide Squad
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    The Flash
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Legion of Superheroes

-----

Some other comics I think are coming but am not sure about (but could possibly come down later in 2021) is:

Something with the New Gods.
    Another Outsiders book...
    Tim led book.
    Teen Titans and/or Young Justice book
    A Shazam and/or Black Adam book
    Something with Nubia.
    The rumored Superman & The Authority book.
    Rumored Batman and Robin book.
    Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens and Grifters (from Future State), and maybe another team book and another green lantern one are comics I'm even more unsure about.

~~~~

I remember earlier this year, while I was reading new solicitations, I counted how many DC related comics were being published and it was over 50, so with the rumors of them publishing less comics, I think I kept this under 35, plus some of these could be minis, maxis, limited, or digital runs.
    No Aquaman?

Green Lantern will be an April launch by the way, Morrison's GL season 2 #11 was solicited for February.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I honestly don't know what my expectations are with all the shakeups at DC and the rumored move away from mainstream ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No Aquaman?

Green Lantern will be an April launch by the way, Morrison's GL season 2 #11 was solicited for February.
    yeah that's a strange omission now that you mention it. I feel like Aquaman is at the point where he's a must-print title like Green Lantern or Batman or Wonder Woman.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    yeah that's a strange omission now that you mention it. I feel like Aquaman is at the point where he's a must-print title like Green Lantern or Batman or Wonder Woman.
    It’s honestly plain disrespectful to list off red hood and catwoman and not list Aquaman

Incredible Member

Here are the Ongoing titles from December that will be returning in march as none of them were solicited as having their final issues.

1. The Flash
    2. Aquaman
    3. Justice League
    4. Justice League Dark
    5. Batman
    6. Wonder Woman
    7. Action Comics
    8. Superman
    9. Batman/Superman
    10. Catwoman
    11. Detective Comics
    12. Legion of Superheroes.
    13. Nightwing
    14. Red Hood

As of December, only Batman, Wonder Woman and Justice League are bi weekly. Flash was double shipping as of november though.

As for how many titles I think we can expect to see from DC, Future State has 23 individual titles, most of them monthly. With only Batman and Dark Detective double shipping with four issues. (Imperius Lex is an outlier having three issues shipping two in one month). In generally I think it can be used as a measuring on guessing the overall size of the line, either in number of titles(23) or individual issue output(31). It's probably the best ball park range we can probably guess. I also don't know how fast or to what extent DC may adopt the anthology format used by some of the FS books.

Morrison's Green Lantern will conclude in March. So we'll be getting a new title or titles either then or in April.

I'm really hoping we get our post-doomsday clock JSA relaunch. The delaying and dragging their feet with them has been frustrating. The JSA has Stargirl and Black Adam and a animated film are in the pipeline. It's time to bring them back in full already.

Titans is definitely being set up for a relaunch with Dick's team mentoring Damian's former team.

Bendis claims his Leviathan sequel will happen at some point with some alterations. I'm guessing either in spring or summer.

Joelle Jones might be either on Wonder Woman or doing a Wonder Girl series with Yara.

Other than that there are some safe guesses. Batgirls, Supergirl, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Shazam, Black Adam, Green Arrow. Major heroes with multimedia presence.

I was slightly disappointed the Super-Sons series isn't part of the relaunch and in the present, but I'm happy we're getting it and hoping it will lead to Jon's age up being undone and getting Super-Sons back in the present main continuity.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 11-26-2020 at 03:21 PM.

I expect-

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Legend of the Dark Knight
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Sensation Comics
    Justice League (with or without ‘International’)
    Titans (using the older comic versions of the Teen Titans Go team as a basis)
    Flash
    Green Arrow
    Supergirl
    Aquaman
    Suicide Squad
    Doom Patrol
    Batwoman
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I've seen Legion 0f Super-Heroes mentioned a couple of times and the "to be concluded" blurb at the end of the latest issue screams DONE and calling the series at twelve issues. But there are the two Future State issus of Legion. Are they meant as an epilogue to the Bendis run, or are they a sign that there will be more of the Bendis version even if a different writer takes over?

With no evidence to support a conjecture, I do not feel there will be a Legion of Super-Heroes 13 in March. There MAY be a new Legion/Legion of Super-Heroes/LSH #1 then, though. I AM fairly confident that DC has a darn good idea what they'll be doing with the Legion next March, though.

Incredible Member

I want Batman Beyond to have a new volume so Jurgens can wrap up loose plotlines, but I doubt we'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I've seen Legion 0f Super-Heroes mentioned a couple of times and the "to be concluded" blurb at the end of the latest issue screams DONE and calling the series at twelve issues. But there are the two Future State issus of Legion. Are they meant as an epilogue to the Bendis run, or are they a sign that there will be more of the Bendis version even if a different writer takes over?

With no evidence to support a conjecture, I do not feel there will be a Legion of Super-Heroes 13 in March. There MAY be a new Legion/Legion of Super-Heroes/LSH #1 then, though. I AM fairly confident that DC has a darn good idea what they'll be doing with the Legion next March, though.
    Yeah, I think if Legion is out in March, renumbered or not, it will no longer be written by Bendis. I do think they'll be continuing in some form though - but not necessarily in the current book. Action Comics this week had Kara ask Brainiac 5 if she could visit the future, and he promised it would happen. So, maybe the team's adventures continue in a relaunched Supergirl?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I think if Legion is out in March, renumbered or not, it will no longer be written by Bendis. I do think they'll be continuing in some form though - but not necessarily in the current book. Action Comics this week had Kara ask Brainiac 5 if she could visit the future, and he promised it would happen. So, maybe the team's adventures continue in a relaunched Supergirl?
    Bendis said he will be continuing writing LoS. What is clear is than the first arc is what will be finished. What is could be possible is than Jon Kent will be put out of that book and returned to his previous age.
    Back on topic...
    I expect to see
    Green Lantern last issue.

Comics keeping their numeration:
    Batman
    Detective
    Nightwing
    Action
    Superman
    Flash
    Wonder Woman

Number ones for
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Titans (New, Teens, Team or Academy)

New books:
    Lobo (after death Metal is a guess)
    JSA

Afraid of:
    Other Batman title.
    Another Batman title.
    Even another Batman Title.
    One more Batman title.
    More Batman Title.
    League of Batmen.
    Multiverse of Batmen.
    Batperson title.

And worse of all.
    Batman and the Legion of Superheroes by Bendis. (as if Bendis was not bad enough).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I expect-

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Legend of the Dark Knight
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Sensation Comics
    Justice League (with or without ‘International’)
    Titans (using the older comic versions of the Teen Titans Go team as a basis)
    Flash
    Green Arrow
    Supergirl
    Aquaman
    Suicide Squad
    Doom Patrol
    Batwoman
    Do you expect a Ryan Wilder or Kate Kane Batwoman series?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Well, they just randomly threw her into a Batgirl comic but I think it's way too early to give Ryan Wilder a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Kate Kane.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.