Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Netflix and DC Universe. I can't afford all these streaming services, it's gotten ridiculous.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Netflix - I like about half of the original serial content but the half I do like is quality. My main complaint is that I also seem to like every show that gets canceled after one season or for some reason Netflix doesn't keep the license to air more than the first season. I have a couple of shows that are 3 to 4 seasons deep but I can't watch them. On the other hand, Netflix has so many shows that are years to decades old and I've been able to watch shows not previously available anywhere else. The original movies don't always land but there are some good ones. And they have so much other good content that I'll never get to watch. There just isn't enough time in one lifetime. Netflix is the most-watched service I subscribe to.

YouTube content is the second most thing I consume. Only because it's free and so random.

Amazon Prime - Their original content is mostly good and it's still growing. A lot of the free shows and movies are shite though. I tend to rent movies 1 to 3 times a month.

Apple+ - So far the quality of each show is top-notch. I am eagerly awaiting new seasons of everything they have put out. I don't know if we're going to get more of certain shows but I'm excited about any original content they will be making. I don't buy other content I just watch the Apple+ stuff.

DC Universe - Soon to be DC Universe Infinite! Not sure if I'm going to be excited about the change since I don't understand what changes are being made. I currently have a Roku TV and I'm able to access content right now but they keep leaving reminders that the app will fail to work in the future. Hopefully, they just replace the app and I won't have to watch thru my computer. If so, I may end my subscription in the future. As far as content, I love two or three of the shows and most of the movies, when they're available. I actually read the digital comics they offer more than watching the series or films.

Disney+ - I subscribed for the Mandalorian and have watched a few other shows and movies. I don't have kids so a lot of the content doesn't appeal to me but they are adding new Marvel and Star Wars content. And, who doesn't like a Disney movie once in a while? Even without kids, I'm going to watch the Little Mermaid or Dumbo or Artemis Fowl when I'm in the mood.

I had subscriptions to Crunchyroll and Funimation for a time. I just didn't watch as much as I thought I would.
    Last edited by a moment closer; 11-28-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Disney +.
    That´s the only Streaming service i have.

Amazon Prime
    Netflix

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

If you don't care about their original content and just want to watch new movies, Netflix isn't that great an app.

Amazon Prime is great and has a lot of rather 'out there'movies that you can't find anywhere else. Unfortunately Prime suffers from a poorly designed interface.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wait, they're doing a Wheel of Time series? Was the book series even complete? I thought the author died before he completed it.
    It was completed. His widow had Brandon Sanderson (Misborn and the Stormlight Archives writer) finish the last 3 books using the detailed notes Jordan had left about how the series was supposed to end. The show has been cast and they are shooting episodes now. It was supposed to premiere next year, but with the pandemic it is hard to say if it has been pushed back.

Sky
    Netflix... because Sky put it in my package for no extra charge.
    DC Universe
    and the one that starts with a K...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    If you don't care about their original content and just want to watch new movies, Netflix isn't that great an app.

Amazon Prime is great and has a lot of rather 'out there'movies that you can't find anywhere else. Unfortunately Prime suffers from a poorly designed interface.
    Netflix is getting some decent original movies over time, though some are a bit inconsistent.

Amazon Prime really seems to be waiting for Lord of the Rings to maybe happen so that can be their trump card. Netflix is supposed to get some Narnia adaptions at some point but I have no idea when those will turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Netflix.

No way in hell i pay for more than one of this stuff.
    Im in Canada but Netflix would be the last streaming service id pay for, actually we don't, share with brother in law, original content mostly sucks.

Probably my favorite is Prime and its subset channels that I subscribe to by the month and cancel on rotations. Frankly the smartest way to use streaming services is by the month, cancel and rotate thru the services...

Here's what we us

Disney +, tho just canceled

Netflix, brother in law shares with us, so we don't pay

Prime, we rotate through channels based on content interest
    Stacktv
    Shudder
    MGM
    Hollywoodsuite
    Starz
    Etc

Crave (HBO BASIC)
    Crave movies (HBO max)

Appletv

NBC

Etc

Haven't tried YouTube yet and can't get Hulu yet

Usually have 1 or 2 or 3 of these, cancel and subscribe as programming changes and sales come up...

For example stacked had Animaniacs and dc animation films i wanted to watch and a sale 21$ for 3 months. So now we are focused on this service...

This idea that it needs to be all or 1 ... or something silly and you only restrict yourself

Bounce around. 1 month here, cancel, 1 month there... cancel

In a six month stretch we may cycle thru 5 or 6 services.

Always new and exciting material to watch

For people who know how to manage the subscription this is golden age of streaming and tv
    Last edited by Menacer; 11-29-2020 at 03:06 PM.

I only pay for Netflix as a streaming service.
    I have HBO because it is part of my cable and Prime because I am a Prime Amazon customer for the shipping.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

VRV-comes with an extra subscription to Netflix
    tubi TV-it's free and has a wide selection
    Netflix-sharing with a friend so I don't have to pay for it.

Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Stan (Australian only Service)
    Foxtel now (Australian partner to HBO/Fox)
    Apple TV

Pretty much the only Services available down Under I don't have are Binge and Disney+. Everything on Binge seems to be on the services I do have. I had Disney plus for the trial but it wouldn't work on almost all our devices and didn't have much we wanted to watch anyway.
    Last edited by beatboks; 11-29-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Me and my brother share the expenses of the streaming networks we use, as for what we have.
    Netflix
    Hulu
    Disney +
    ESPN +
    Amazon Prime
    Shudder
    HBO MAX
    You Tube TV

Also use the free ones like, VUDU, Tubi, Pluto TV, Peacock, XUMO, and IMDB. There are others but use these the most
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Netflix, Disney Plus and DC Universe are the three main ones I use. DC universe is going to be dropped once they switch over to comics-only.

I have Amazon but I honestly can't tell you the last thing I watched on it. Rarely touch the thing.

I signed up for the Hulu Black Friday deal last night but haven't had the chance to get into it yet.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Spectacular Member

Netflix: Overall most used. Doesnt mean best content, but the volume of content helps with finding something you should want to watch

Disney+ : mostly for the kids, but having Star Wars and Marvel content anytime is great.

Hulu: "free" through cell provider. Wife uses it consistently, I dont use it much.

Prime Video: probably least used. Only positive for me has been Man in The High Castle, Orphan Black, and Mr. Robot. Ms. Maisel isnt bad, either. Haven't been thrilled with most of their original content so far.