Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Getter Emperor and Mazinger Zero vs Marvel Universe

The two strongest mecha of Nagai's Mechaverse against the Bullpen's House of Idea, Marvel Universe. I want to make this thread because the announcement of Getter Robo Arc.

How far the two mecha gods went during their conquest for evolution and destruction.

For information:

Getter Emperor is the mysterious, enormous being that is implied to be the final evolution of the Getter. It constantly devours space-time and matter on a universal scale in a display of god-like power.

Mazinger Zero at the other hand is the most powerful Super Robot ever created in fictions (it literally destroy everything even the Gypsy Dancer from Pacific Rim and Demonsbane)

4S5Yynq.jpgchogokin-shin-mazinger-2.jpg

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Oh god not this again.

To really jump on this from the off, I want to lay down the following emphatic statement; Just because a fictional series claims it is the most powerful thing ever and even features exspys of other fictional continuities as part of that assertion, does not mean that said series actually contains and supersedes the canon of those other series.

I'm quite happy to try and discuss Mazinger Zero but I want all participants to understand this particular point.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-30-2020 at 09:43 AM.

BANNED

^^^That's why we go by feats. And feat wise, the biggest and baddest mech on the block IIRC is still the STTGL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    ^^^That's why we go by feats. And feat wise, the biggest and baddest mech on the block IIRC is still the STTGL.
    Lol, say that after you read Shin Mazinger Zero manga. Mazinger Zero is written to defeat every Super Robot in Existences ever. Hell, even for Zero to be defeated, the story needs to bring every conceivable mecha (even Iron Giant, Pacific Rim, and MEGAS XLR) for one dynamic finisher.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Lol, say that after you read Shin Mazinger Zero manga. Mazinger Zero is written to defeat every Super Robot in Existences ever. Hell, even for Zero to be defeated, the story needs to bring every conceivable mecha (even Iron Giant, Pacific Rim, and MEGAS XLR) for one dynamic finisher.
    Knowing Simon he'll recruit the rest of the Anti-Spirals(seriously, the Dai Gurren Dan fought only one of them and they almost died...) and one-up even that.

"So what if you can rewrite reality? Like we give a sh!t!

Surpassing darkness and light, evil and good burn away! The spirits of the spiral and anti-spiral races combine!

When its not enough to pierce the heavens, we'll bring the heavens crashing down to earth!!?

HELIX COLLIDER GURREN LAGANN...ONE MACHINE TO SURPASS THE GODS WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!"

Knowing Simon he'll recruit the rest of the Anti-Spirals(seriously, the Dai Gurren Dan fought only one of them and they almost died...) and one-up even that.

"So what if you can rewrite reality? Like we give a sh!t!

Surpassing darkness and light, evil and good burn away! The spirits of the spiral and anti-spiral races combine!

When its not enough to pierce the heavens, we'll bring the heavens crashing down to earth!!?

HELIX COLLIDER GURREN LAGANN...ONE MACHINE TO SURPASS THE GODS WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!"
    ....Sad part is, I totally believe that.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Astonishing Member

No relation to the Infinity movie mechas I assume.

By feats these Mecha don't even scratch the paint of STTGL. Not building a strong case.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    By feats these Mecha don't even scratch the paint of STTGL. Not building a strong case.
    The Mazinger Zero defeat STTGL and Demonbane in his story. Go Nagai explicitly stated it defeats every mecha in existence which means that he defeats every mecha written in fiction.

The Mazinger Zero defeat STTGL and Demonbane in his story. Go Nagai explicitly stated it defeats every mecha in existence which means that he defeats every mecha written in fiction.
    Statements don't really matter here, feats do.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

There's a difference between statements and feats. So show us feats from Zero that measure up to STTGL.

And heck, is this crossover even canon anyway? Just because Zero defeated some weaksauce au versions of the mechas in a non-canon crossover doesn't mean it would beat the canon versions.

Anyway, to put this back on topic, Galactus.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmmm... looking at this:

... I can see that someone didn't read my opening comment in this thread, I shall quote it again for emphasis:

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh god not this again.

To really jump on this from the off, I want to lay down the following emphatic statement; Just because a fictional series claims it is the most powerful thing ever and even features exspys of other fictional continuities as part of that assertion, does not mean that said series actually contains and supersedes the canon of those other series.

I'm quite happy to try and discuss Mazinger Zero but I want all participants to understand this particular point.
    Bolding added in the hope that some posters will listen to it this time.

BANNED

In the story, which IIRC was Zero literally re-writing the Hyperverse with its own imagination, then finally existing outside it. Problem is, it was Z that took down Zero together with Mazinger G(although Z dealt the final blow) So no, it doesn't "beat every mecha in existence." Not even in its own story. It was beaten by G and Z and honestly, since the story occurs in the Hyperverse of Zero, we don't know if the " other mecha" were the actual ones, or Phontonic Power constructs: Photonic power works differently from, say, the Getter Rays(the power of evolution) and Spiral Power(raw, unadulterated fighting spirit and adaptation)

In the story, which IIRC was Zero literally re-writing the Hyperverse with its own imagination, then finally existing outside it. Problem is, it was Z that took down Zero together with Mazinger G(although Z dealt the final blow) So no, it doesn't "beat every mecha in existence." Not even in its own story. It was beaten by G and Z and honestly, since the story occurs in the Hyperverse of Zero, we don't know if the " other mecha" were the actual ones, or Phontonic Power constructs: Photonic power works differently from, say, the Getter Rays(the power of evolution) and Spiral Power(raw, unadulterated fighting spirit and adaptation)
    Well alright then. Case closed. Thank you T51R!

Have a Pizza!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well alright then. Case closed. Thank you T51R!

Have a Pizza!
    MAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIN PIZZA~!