View Poll Results: Which origin for the Into the Spider-Verse sequel’s Jessica Drew is more likely?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 616 Origin for ITSV sequel’s Jessica Drew

7 43.75%
  • Ultimate Origin for ITSV sequel’s Jessica Drew

9 56.25%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default In the future ITSV Sequel: What’s likelier, 616 or Ultimate Jessica Drew origin?

So I’ve been thinking lately about the upcoming Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel lately. Now we know Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman is supposed to be in it, but I’ve been wondering how they plan to introduce her. Now, due to the whole rights issues between Disney and Marvel, aspects of her origin I believe would need to be changed, if Sony decided to follow the 616 origin (irradiated spider serum origin that also deals with Hydra and the High Evolutionary) that is. In light of these potential rights issues concerning her origin, at least with the 616 version of the character’s origin, do anyone else think it’s more likely that ITSV’s sequel will use the Ulimate universe origin for her character (female clone of Peter Parker), especially since that version of the character is the one who is arguably more tied to Miles Morales comic’s origin?

As a side question, if Sony does go with the clone origin for Jessica Drew, how do you think that will effect comic 616 Jessica Drew, if the average person becomes more familiar with the idea of Jessica being a female clone of Peter than with the original 616 version? Especially if said version (the one based on the Ultimate origin) becomes popular?
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 11-26-2020 at 09:25 PM.