View Poll Results: Which origin for the Into the Spider-Verse sequel’s Jessica Drew is more likely?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 616 Origin for ITSV sequel’s Jessica Drew

7 43.75%
  • Ultimate Origin for ITSV sequel’s Jessica Drew

9 56.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could merge them- have a classic 616 take on Jess as Spider-Gwen's mentor but reveal that she is a female clone of Peter that just got older.
    That'd make no sense, Spider-Verse's movie has her clearly saying she's the "one and only Spider-Woman", and why would anyone make a clone of a powerless Peter?

Unless you meant that she's a clone of Peter from some other universe and started to mentor Gwen, but that seems unnecessarily convoluted anyways, plus it'd undermine Jessica's character by picking something closer to 616 and making her into a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not saying it was a problem (Ultimate Katie worked for her purposes, as does 616 Kate), just more that I don't see the characters as counterparts, unlike, say Ultimate Maria Hill with 616 Maria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well other than looks and being authority figures, Ultimate Hill is like the exact opposite of 616 Hill .
    Maria Hill's real Ultimate counterpart is Carol anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That'd make no sense, Spider-Verse's movie has her clearly saying she's the "one and only Spider-Woman", and why would anyone make a clone of a powerless Peter?

Unless you meant that she's a clone of Peter from some other universe and started to mentor Gwen, but that seems unnecessarily convoluted anyways, plus it'd undermine Jessica's character by picking something closer to 616 and making her into a clone.

Maria Hill's real Ultimate counterpart is Carol anyways.
    I saw it as a Jess from another universe mentoring Gwen. She could be native to Miles's universe and be a clone of his Peter.

I thought it was a transgender metaphor but it might have unfortunate implications because clone Jess didn't choose to be a woman. So maybe just stick to 616 Jess and drop the clone aspect.

I use to think that they'd just go straight ahead with Ultimate Jess since the writers could get away with not involving SHIELD, but at the same time if they adapt 616 Jess they don't have to use HYDRA or SHIELD for her backstory. They could just say her parents worked for some other evil organization and that she worked for the goverment.

Ultimate Origin for ITSV sequel’s Jessica Drew. I'd love to see Jess get the respect she deserves on the big screen no less.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ultimate Origin for ITSV sequel’s Jessica Drew. I'd love to see Jess get the respect she deserves on the big screen no less.
    It's not what we want; it's what we should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's not what we want; it's what we should expect.
    Well, I both want it and I (hopefully) expect it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."