Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Now I'm curious what got Weisman banned on Twitter...
    I'm sorry, what?

snap.jpg

I misinterpreted the "suspended" comment to be applied to Weisman, so nevermind.

snap.jpg

I misinterpreted the "suspended" comment to be applied to Weisman, so nevermind.
    "It Never Ends" - the Weisman ethos .

Wow, I had no idea he's fine with doing this forever if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wow, I had no idea he's fine with doing this forever if he could.
    What would he even do next if he couldn't do YJ anymore? Write more Catwoman movies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What would he even do next if he couldn't do YJ anymore? Write more Catwoman movies ?
    I wouldn't mind. I liked Catwoman: Hunted a lot.

I'd also like to see him be a part of Netflix's revival of the Avatar: The Last Airbender animated verse. Fellow DC animation staple Lauren Montgomery has found herself there rumored to be directing an Avatar Kyoshi film.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe that was advertising a DVD? Could the show have gotten a resurgence of popularity due to the fact it stars superhero and actor Garfield Logan's mother?
    That's a good point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maybe it's a reboot lol, with a network or streaming service trying to bank on the fact that tweens will watch as the original starred Garfield's mom
    I dunno about that, it still looks like it has Garfield's mother instead of some other actress.

It can't be that big a time jump if they want Kara to stay a teen. I think Jon and Damian will be around 6-7 years old in a potential S5.
    Thinking of it, maybe they'll have Kara being like, 14 years old here so she can be 16 after a time skip.

Also, with the recent developments in the comics, Tim might finally make a present day appearance again, maybe in a subplot with Cassie and Bernard.
    I'm not sure YJ would follow comics that much, considering it mostly focuses on pre New 52 stuff, save for character designs.

I doubt Tim being bi would be a reason for them to bother developing Tim too, YJ just seems like it doesn't care about him, to the point he only talked for one episode in season 3, and barely showed up in this one, and I only say "barely" because I don't even know if he did, though it was probably in the marriage if so.

Time will tell though, if Tim fans are lucky, I'll be wrong.

S5, especially if it's seen as a potential final season, might be the most New Gods immersive season yet, so I see Mister Miracle debuting and having his romance with Barda. He will have to be the same age as Orion though as an exploration of Orion's backstory was set up this season.
    Yeah, if season 5 makes use of Kara and Mary as Furies, it'll be the perfect chance to develop other New Gods stuff.

Hell, you mentioning Mr. Miracle makes me think he could even be the one who starts an attempt to make Kara and/or Mary change sides.

The show has had a terrible record with the actual comics Furies so far. Lashina did show up in S3 (along with Gilotina) and you probably blocked the memory out because the less said the better.
    Is it because they showed up in that horrible slideshow where Dick got mindfucked and saw everyone as being younger, with Wally being around?

The biggest thing I want out of a potential S5 is to do better with the Furies. And to actually feature the 'non-supermodel' looking ones too like Bernadeth, Mad Harriet and Stompa.
    If they get to show up and get properly characterized, that's good, however, with Barda having seeds of her eventually leaving it (Season 4 even has a scene with her seeing the bus an year in the future and I wouldn't be surprised if that's used in season 5 in a major scene), and having Kara and Mary be there at all, I'd be more surprised if they even have a cameo, much less characterization.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

It’s really annoying how people can talk about how YJ needs to focus on “main story” when none of the other superheroes shows even had a main plot to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It’s really annoying how people can talk about how YJ needs to focus on “main story” when none of the other superheroes shows even had a main plot to begin with.
    Maybe not in the old days. Most do nowadays as either for a specific season or the overall series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe not in the old days. Most do nowadays as either for a specific season or the overall series.
    Yes, but it’s the old days that are supposedly considered to be good.

It was funny seeing a comment rag on Teen Titans S5 for having too much filler when it was the only season of Teen Titans that was completely devoted to a main antagonist. They even compared it to S4 which was mostly filler.

I think it's because YJ is heavily serialized yet such a slow-burn when it comes to certain plots...on-top of that the focus can be so widely inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    YJ is a series long arc that does a piss poor job at advancing said arc for about two seasons now, other super-heroes shows didn't pretend to have stories that advance stuff, when they did, sometimes the story actually did advance with something, or maybe they didn't, but they didn't advertise themselves as such if they screwed up at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's because YJ is heavily serialized yet such a slow-burn when it comes to certain plots...on-top of that the focus can be so widely inconsistent.
    Jason fans are being cock teased for two seasons now, fans who want Wally to resurrect and fans who want Queen Bee to be punched in the face have given up .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    YJ is a series long arc that does a piss poor job at advancing said arc for about two seasons now, other super-heroes shows didn't pretend to have stories that advance stuff, when they did, sometimes the story actually did advance with something, or maybe they didn't, but they didn't advertise themselves as such if they screwed up at that.

Jason fans are being cock teased for two seasons now, fans who want Wally to resurrect and fans who want Queen Bee to be punched in the face have given up .

this whole show is one big DCU cock tease, thsts what it has become
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Supposedly this show isn't getting a season five. Anyone disappointed?

I'm kind of disappointed. I'd be very disappointed if the show's general pacing was better and didn't have too many characters, much of whom I had little investment in. But with the Super loose ends that won't be addressed, I'd say it's mostly unfortunate that we won't see those concluded.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

snap.jpg

I don't see how that can work for a TV show unless it's episodic. As far as I know, YJ isn't episodic. Will he start pulling from the comics?